Bracketology and 2/29 in the A10 (Calling the Wiz)

Taj79

Lunardi has updated his Bracketology and X drops into the First Four Out section along w/St. Joe's. Of note, Lunardi was asked about his dealings with St. Joe's before the Temple game and he said, as an alum, he has to be tougher on them to maintain his credibility. His next four out includes Dayton and he's dropped the A10 down to two slots. I think he tough on the A10 to boot:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/50398/joe-lunardis-latest-bracketology-update-11

Tonight in the A10, very little to worry about. Mostly jockeying for position. I expect TEMPLE to rebound from their loss at Hawk Hill and regain their stride against Umass. The Umass team that showed up in Dayton had better not be the one in Philly tonight. Umass is only 4 and 6 on the road but has lost three of its last four to fade from Top Tier competition in the A10. La Salle is at George Washington and I have to believe that even without seeing a spread, this one has to be even. I'm thinking GEEDUB wins one at home. Fordham is at RHODE ISLAND. That's all I have to say. Duquesne is at CHARLOTTE and Duquesne seems to be fading fast. The two games of note/consequence are Joe's at the Bonnies and Dayton at Richmond. It's senior night for Andrew Nicholson, probably the best player in the A10 nobody knows or cares about. The Bonnies win and they can lock up a top four finish and a bye to the Boards. That will put them at 10 and 5 and even a season ending loss to La Salle next week shouldn't change that. But much to be decided. I think the BONNIES win. Which leaves Dayton at Richmond. I could not believe what a run Richmond gave Xavier last Saturday and at home, I think RICHMOND should carry the day.

If all this does indeed happen, and Umass, Dayton and St. Joe's lose, the top four would be Temple, us, Xavier and the Bonnies providing Xavier takes Charlotte down next Saturday. In a 10 and 6 tied record between X and the Bonnies, X gets the head-to-head tiebreaker.

What does the Wiz say?

No, Taj Mahal, I'm not the Wiz. But for SLU it's finish at Duquense with a W. They should be really on a high after last night's win, but not the kind of high that makes this a trap game. Just a, we ain't gonna lose no mo' games mentality. Get a couple of more W's in the tourney, although a sweep and a trophy would be some sweet icing on the cake for us all, especially Conk and Cassity. Since the Pac 12, the ACC, even the Beast are gonna be down in the number of their usual annual "passes" into the dance, I don't see how the A-10 is only gonna be a one bid pony. I'm of the belief last night's W sealed the deal for us, despite the brain cramp we suffered in Rhody.

Lunardi has updated his Bracketology and X drops into the First Four Out section along w/St. Joe's. Of note, Lunardi was asked about his dealings with St. Joe's before the Temple game and he said, as an alum, he has to be tougher on them to maintain his credibility. His next four out includes Dayton and he's dropped the A10 down to two slots. I think he tough on the A10 to boot:

http://espn.go.com/b...ology-update-11

Tonight in the A10, very little to worry about. Mostly jockeying for position. I expect TEMPLE to rebound from their loss at Hawk Hill and regain their stride against Umass. The Umass team that showed up in Dayton had better not be the one in Philly tonight. Umass is only 4 and 6 on the road but has lost three of its last four to fade from Top Tier competition in the A10. La Salle is at George Washington and I have to believe that even without seeing a spread, this one has to be even. I'm thinking GEEDUB wins one at home. Fordham is at RHODE ISLAND. That's all I have to say. Duquesne is at CHARLOTTE and Duquesne seems to be fading fast. The two games of note/consequence are Joe's at the Bonnies and Dayton at Richmond. It's senior night for Andrew Nicholson, probably the best player in the A10 nobody knows or cares about. The Bonnies win and they can lock up a top four finish and a bye to the Boards. That will put them at 10 and 5 and even a season ending loss to La Salle next week shouldn't change that. But much to be decided. I think the BONNIES win. Which leaves Dayton at Richmond. I could not believe what a run Richmond gave Xavier last Saturday and at home, I think RICHMOND should carry the day.

If all this does indeed happen, and Umass, Dayton and St. Joe's lose, the top four would be Temple, us, Xavier and the Bonnies providing Xavier takes Charlotte down next Saturday. In a 10 and 6 tied record between X and the Bonnies, X gets the head-to-head tiebreaker.

What does the Wiz say?

I think in your 2 games of note ...I agree with Bonnies pick...Bonnies by 2 over St. Joe...on your other pick I have Dayton and Rich even....good game for an OT. Our biggest disagreement ...I have La S by 5 over GW.

In other games I have Char by 2 over Duq. I am watching this one because it affects the Bills.

In the Battle of the Bottom....RI by 6 over Ford...don't think you picked a winner on that one (or cared)

We agree on Tem....Temp by 9 over UMass.

larry72 --- I agree, I thought we were in already before last night but last night seals the deal. I think what Lunardi is saying is us and Temple that is it unless a sleeper crawls up from under the boards --- which can happen. I think the top seven in the A10 can go into AC thinking they have a shot. I'm throwing Dayton in there because, well, they're delusional as others have noted but I would expect them to run out of healthy bodies playing three games in three nights with eight scholarship players plus a home game to boot to get there. Dillard goes down and they are done.

Umass is also woefully weak and streaky. They too only play seven or eight and Chaz Williams is it for them. He's out of the game and they suck air. Xavier is an enigma, and will fold if punched in the face. But a birthright is a hard thing to take away. If Lyons is indeed done, I can see him and Tutu saying fuok it and doing what they want ala the Flyers with Brian Gregory in their recent NIT year. St. Joe's is too weak talent-wise and only play six but they could benefit from de facto home games 55 miles down the ACE. Nicholson is hot right now but this is still the Bonnies. Can't see it.

But this is why they call it Madness and the games have to be played. I see "TRAP" written all over the Duquesne game unless Umass does the unthinkable and wins tonight. Temple closes at Fordham next Saturday.

larry72 --- I agree, I thought we were in already before last night but last night seals the deal. I think what Lunardi is saying is us and Temple that is it unless a sleeper crawls up from under the boards --- which can happen. I think the top seven in the A10 can go into AC thinking they have a shot. I'm throwing Dayton in there because, well, they're delusional as others have noted but I would expect them to run out of healthy bodies playing three games in three nights with eight scholarship players plus a home game to boot to get there. Dillard goes down and they are done.

Umass is also woefully weak and streaky. They too only play seven or eight and Chaz Williams is it for them. He's out of the game and they suck air. Xavier is an enigma, and will fold if punched in the face. But a birthright is a hard thing to take away. If Lyons is indeed done, I can see him and Tutu saying fuok it and doing what they want ala the Flyers with Brian Gregory in their recent NIT year. St. Joe's is too weak talent-wise and only play six but they could benefit from de facto home games 55 miles down the ACE. Nicholson is hot right now but this is still the Bonnies. Can't see it.

But this is why they call it Madness and the games have to be played. I see "TRAP" written all over the Duquesne game unless Umass does the unthinkable and wins tonight. Temple closes at Fordham next Saturday.

If the A10 is going to get 3 teams in with one being a surprise tourney winner, we have to have other things go according to expectations in other confs. St, Marys or Zags have to win their tourney and preferely the Zags. Creighton or Whichita State has to win the Valley. Northwestern has to lose early in the Big 10 tourney if not even their last game - I find this whole NW love thing very odd - never been in a tourney so they could get in out of sympathy unless the above happens. We need the Canes to lose badly also. Seton Hall is one who also has to start losing to keep them from being put in. To many of these BCS confs have too much pull for my comfort if we do not take care of business. Last night was huge over X but we can not let up.

The Sunday championship games don't usually change seedings because the committee doesn't have that much time. They have to get everything set in only a very short time between the end of the games and the selection announcement.

If a non-at large caliber team is in the championship game. The committee will end up making multiple brackets the day before or the day of depending on if a team steals a bid