great crowd!

BilliKat

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys were at the fieldhouse last night after the game.

They said Chris Mack and Xavier bench tried to have him thrown out after he started screaming N.I.T. at them. The ushers got forceful and then the situation blew up.

And BrianSTL I think you're right, they appeared to be the same group that got into it with Dayton fans.

I'm not sure I buy their version. There were a lot of people chanting N-I-T. Mack didn't directly acknowledge any of it. If anyone did, it was one of their assistants (our buddy Mario Mercurio?). These three guys were out of control and must have done more than chant what everyone else was chanting.

Chris Mack and Andy Kennedy must have been separated at birth.

I can remember AK was one of Huggy's suit goons at UC when they came into Savvis Center back in the C-USA days. It was like clockwork watching Kennedy try to get into it with with SLU fans.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not sure I buy their version. There were a lot of people chanting N-I-T. Mack didn't directly acknowledge any of it. If anyone did, it was one of their assistants (our buddy Mario Mercurio?). These three guys were out of control and must have done more than chant what everyone else was chanting.

Mario is actually a nice guy. I may have mentioned this last year but he told me anytime I'm in cincinnati to give him a shout if I need tickets. Last night he gave me 5 tickets because nobody bought them from X. I mentioned I was going to see if my mom and aunt wanted to come to the game he said he had tickets behind the x bench, didn't think my family would want to sit there but I was welcome to them.

I gave him a little jab about the flags and he laughed about it. Said he learned alot from that incident. From my interactions he's a class act. But we should still give him trouble for the flag incident.

This was both good and bad. I think they let the walking vendors sell a bit too long. The one many of you call Blue Sportcoat Guy bought a couple beers with about 6 minutes left in the game.

Facilities management also needs to step it up a bit keeping the bathrooms stocked at big-crowd games. The one behind 108 was out of paper towels at halftime.

Huh?!? What?!? Not a good observation.

~The atmosphere was great last night-best game The crowd was loud and pumped! A lot of poitive energy! Too bad it isn't like that at every game!

~The arena looked great! I think putting the shirts out and posting the pictures helped pump up the crowd! It was great to see all the students finally come and support the team!

~It was great watching Jake Barnett lead the bench in spirit. He's a great cheerleader and does a great job helping to get the crowd involved! HIs excitement and energy he brings to the floor is contagious!

~Xaxier Team came out in the first half fired up and I wasn't sure how it was going to end. 2 half they were a completely different team-playing like Gangsters and thugs! Mack showed his unsportsman-like conduct and set a poor example for his team. Clearly his negative attitude isn't going to produce or lead a winning team..

~Billikens did a great job showing perserverance. They clearly out played and outsmarted X, Our leadership and basketball IQ played a big roll in turning the game around.

~Rude Fans: It's unexcusable to leave 3-5 minutes before the end of the game. Nothing makes me more upset than a family passing in front of me and then stopping when an exciting moment arises. Also, the verbal altercation was unacceptable Billiken behavior-very distracting to those being honored!

~Senior NIght! Kyle brought me to tears when he said to his mom, "You're killing me mom". It was a very emotional night! Kyle and Brian should be proud of their accomplishments!

~Wishing continued success to the team! Go Bills!

Hey, redbirdfan -- congratulations on having an obviously going-places daughter. Question: The way Guy read it, the other, very tall senior SaintSation was a law student. Is that true, or was that a Guyism?

I THINK-pretty sure she was a law student last year also! Thank you for the comment.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but did anyone else see that brawl in 115 right as the Senior Night stuff was starting? It was about halfway down the section, there were like 3 guys who appeared to be SLU fans, and one of them was absolutely screaming at a cop and shoving with him. There were 2 cops, 2 security guards, a couple ushers, and a couple Arena employees in the aisle trying to settle it down. There were a few shoves, and one of the guys booked it toward the exit. I didn't see any cuffs go on or anything. What the hell happened?

probably moytoy and his entourage. they were so gd drunk they dont even remember it this morning. they have however sold the movie rights to the producers of "the hangover" this afternoon.