Mike Danton of the Blues...

when listening to the story break yesterday and they started to describe this guy's past as well, it tells me that if the blues would allow a guy like this on the team, it is no wonder they suck. i can only imagine who messed up the chemistry of this team is if there is a few of these guys on the team.

This story is fascinating. It appears that Danton was probably gay and that the guy he was looking to kill was his gay lover who threatened to bring him out of the closet. Reading between the lines, it also appears as though he changed his name because his family didn't accept his alternative lifestyle.

>This story is fascinating. It appears that Danton was

>probably gay and that the guy he was looking to kill was his

>gay lover who threatened to bring him out of the closet.

>Reading between the lines, it also appears as though he

>changed his name because his family didn't accept his

>alternative lifestyle.

I think you've nailed it. I thought the same exact thing when I heard the story last night based on some of Danton's reported quotes and then the CNN report this morning that the guy was threatening to go to the Blues with info that would "ruin Danton's career."

i'm reading between the lines the same david, however the curve ball to the story is his young teenage girlfriend accomplice. where does that fit in the story?

like i said, if there is one goof ball like this on the roster, my guess since he wasnt cut loose, there were also more. maybe not gay killing underage girl running renouncing his family like goofballs, but still strango's. i think it speaks volumes for the disappointing blues season. i am not a hockey fan at all, but when this nonsense comes out, you gotta wonder, what kind of show were they running there?

It is common for homosexual athletes to attempt to appear to be hetero in the extreme. From reading the news and police report his roomate/freind/lover may have been angry about his carousing to hide his double life. Danton is a very strange fellow. The relationship with Danton and his agent, who is not involved so far, has been called into question as well. Danton's agent runs his business like a cult and is involved in every aspect of his players lives. Obviously this danton fellow is quite mentally disturbed.

I don't think the girl who was his accomplice was involved romantically with him. I have a close friend who is friends with the girl and has been her boss. The girl worked at the blues practice rink that is where she met the player. Prior to a couple months ago the girl was in a serious realtionship with another man though. If she did have romantic dealings with danton it would have not been for a long period of time.

The girl accomplice and the "hitman" met at my neighborhood Denny's which also serves as a high school hangout to plan out the hit. Me and my freinds are finding this rather ridiculous.

Florissant has certainly been put on the map this week. First the Miss america winner and now this.

the underachievement of a bunch of overpaid, unproductive whiners who didn't live up to their expectations. Firing Quenneville said a lot to me about this organization's "commitment" to winning. I say use this impending lockout to clean house and let some youngsters get some time. screw the consecutive playoff appearance streak.

Danton's bizarre story aside, the Blues panicked when they made that blockbuster deal with Phoenix for Tkachuk. Losing skilled, speed Nagy and the versatile Michael Handzus looms big in describing the Blues downfall.

I agree AJ, but perhaps the worst trade was Valeri Bure for Mike Van Ryn. Van Ryn had a solid year for the Panthers. Bure of course played maybe 15 games for the rest of the season, and failed to even score a goal, I believe. We've lost a ton of young talent: Handzus, Nagy, Reasoner, Hecht, Bartecko, Papineau, etc. It's really quite pathetic. I really like young defensemen Backman and Jackman. I pray that Pleau doesn't trade them off for old washed up players.