Majerus on KTRS now with McGraw (nm)

TheBand

I caught the tale end of it. Pretty funny stuff. Talked up academics again, SLU education and how nice the kids are... sometimes they are too nice. Said Loe is more likely to give you a hug than do the New Zealand "Haka" chant/dance. He talked a lot about restaurants at the end. He asked McGraw for suggestions and RM really seemed like he was going to try them. He was asking where they are located. He said St. Louis has a lot of good restaurants. He's going to Adrianna's for lunch if any Billiken.com folks want to head over there and talk ball with him. He likes the Fountain. RM really seemed to have a good rapport with McGraw, like he had been on his show a lot previously. Again, time to bury the RM is not media friendly myth. He is all over the place. Regarding Rammer, there seemed to be some tension early on, but I get the feeling that RM is good with Rammer now. He had been on the Fastline frequently over the last couple of years and there seemed to be a good vibe.

Majerus does give interviews on the toilet. I met a reporter two years ago that played me tape (he really got a kick out of it) of Majerus audibly whizzing while answering questions. Not washing your hands during that interview would just be polite.

Has anybody figured out why RM is so cold toward Rammer? Rammer is SLU basketball and yet RM doesn't do interviews with him and the way he shot him down on radio saying he'd not do anymore shows was just plain bad. Seems like RM does do interviews with a lot of others.

Last Thursday night Rammer was on his show praising Majerus like an old friend. Defended him against old alums saying "He's no Spoonhour." Obviously they are very different people. Spoonhour was a once in a lifetime guy, but Majerus has his positive qualities.

Rammer cited Majerus' commitment to recruiting hardworking, ethical, and academically focused kids as facts that Majerus is a good fit for SLU. Also his connection to the Jesuit legacy and his commitment to that legacy being a part of SLU's athletic programs.

If there was beef, I think its grilled. And I hope so. These two guys are #1 and #2 as faces of Billiken Basketball.

Majerus does give interviews on the toilet. I met a reporter two years ago that played me tape (he really got a kick out of it) of Majerus audibly whizzing while answering questions. Not washing your hands during that interview would just be polite.

I need to hear this.

I know that this should in some way, shape, or form offend me... but Rickma is just awesome. In a short interview like that, how many times did he say "ya know?"...7?...12? :)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he was already on the FastLane many times over the last couple of years when Rammer was the host.

Sorry to burst back but that was because others were on the show-see how many times RM is on now that the Rammer has his own show.

So polite today. :) Whats in the water?

I'm not local, so it doesn't matter to me, but I'm glad RM doesn't have his own show, nor favor any one host. Those are usually the sign of "sweeteners" to salary (like the exclusive weekly, worthless TV shows arranged for BCS coaches). RM enjoys being a bachelor, playing the field, cheap lunch dates at Adriranna's, perhaps ice cream at the Fountain. He is wise to avoid going steady with any sports reporter.

Adrianna's Italian roast beef seasoning tastes just like Cyrano's roast beef when it was on Clayton road in 60's and 70's now Cyrano's

Is in Webster things have changed- still good just not the ordinal recipe on that and at least one major ice cream item.

No ice cream at Adrianna's as far as I know but worth trip to hill for lunch