OT: Horrendous Mizzou Video

Box and Won

The grades don't match, SLU72, so it isn't as if I had my choice of any university, but yeah I'll be at Vanderbilt. And duly noted.

And should the BIllikens play Vanderbilt in the tourney, my heart will still always be with our BIlls.

My nephew went to Vandy and loved it. Good luck.

So you say now, but while you're in school and have been getting to know and form emotional bonds with the players and whatnot, your allegiance to the Billikens will likely begin to take a back seat. It even happened with the SignGuy when he was at George Washington.

NOT THE SIGN GUY. THE FUTURE PREZ BLEED'S BILLIKEN BLUE. Caps had to be added there to make a point. The only night he donned his Colonials T was when we scored 20. Who could blame him?

I just watched it. These kids should be expelled. This song should go down as one of the 3 worst sports songs ever. "Go Cubs Go" and "One Shining Moment" are the other two I'd put in this rare company.

This video was bad but was expectedly so and the frat guys love this publicity. I think the video of SLU basketball players dancing in the hotel room is worse than this video but I couldnt find that one

I don't know if I agree with that last part. I thought that was comical. But they weren't attempting to sell a brand as much as express themselves. I can identify with the SLU players, but the Mizzou student video, sans the personalities of the players, did nothing for me.

I just watched it. These kids should be expelled. This song should go down as one of the 3 worst sports songs ever. "Go Cubs Go" and "One Shining Moment" are the other two I'd put in this rare company.

Agreed.

This video is absolutely amazing when you think about it: someone came up with this idea, sold their tool friends on it, wrote the lyrics, created the music, synched the music and lyrics, choreographed a music video, recruited another two dozen pubes from Mizzou to participate in the music video, shot each bit and piece of the music video at multiple venues around campus, then spliced, edited and molded the video content into the catastrophe you just saw.

During that process, not ONE of these idiots stood up and said “whoa, hold on, we look like total knobs, this couldn’t get any cornier and embarrassing. I’m not ready to have this thing thrown in my face for the next ten years, I’m out.” Instead, they blew through all kinds of red lights and said “screw it, we’re putting this on YouTube…who’s ready for random beatings on campus?”

If I were Texas, Baylor, K-State and especially Kansas, I would play this video any and every time we played Mizzou at home so Mizzou’s starting lineup could hang their heads in shame before the opening tip.

Agreed.

This video is absolutely amazing when you think about it: someone came up with this idea, sold their tool friends on it, wrote the lyrics, created the music, synched the music and lyrics, choreographed a music video, recruited another two dozen pubes from Mizzou to participate in the music video, shot each bit and piece of the music video at multiple venues around campus, then spliced, edited and molded the video content into the catastrophe you just saw.

During that process, not ONE of these idiots stood up and said “whoa, hold on, we look like total knobs, this couldn’t get any cornier and embarrassing. I’m not ready to have this thing thrown in my face for the next ten years, I’m out.” Instead, they blew through all kinds of red lights and said “screw it, we’re putting this on YouTube…who’s ready for random beatings on campus?”

If I were Texas, Baylor, K-State and especially Kansas, I would play this video any and every time we played Mizzou at home so Mizzou’s starting lineup could hang their heads in shame before the opening tip.

You're right, it is a wonder this thing got made. If my friends approached me with any element of this idea, I can't imagine they'd be able to finish the second sentence before I would reply, "No, I'm out." It is a staggering level of douchiness that got this made.

One Shining Moment is awesome. You hate America.

False. 'One Shining Moment' is profoundly terrible. The lyrics sound like they were written by a second grader who won a class contest. The producers then match up these idiotically literal-minded lyrics with images that match up with the words ("The ball is tipped" lined up with an up-close shot of a tip-off, and it doesn't get any better from there). The Casio-dominated music is the softest of soft rock, worse than the KEZK crap my mom tortured us with as kids in the backseat. The string of lame R&B vocalists they've had do the song doesn't make it any better, Pendergrass, Vandross, whoever- it all comes off as pure cheese.

The only way to enjoy 'One Shining Moment' is on mute.

You're right, it is a wonder this thing got made. If my friends approached me with any element of this idea, I can't imagine they'd be able to finish the second sentence before I would reply, "No, I'm out." It is a staggering level of douchiness that got this made.

Videos like this are the product of a generation of kids whose parents constantly told them that they're good at everything, even when they're not, giving them an unearned sense of self confidence. DocB, back me up on this!

False. 'One Shining Moment' is profoundly terrible. The lyrics sound like they were written by a second grader who won a class contest. The producers then match up these idiotically literal-minded lyrics with images that match up with the words ("The ball is tipped" lined up with an up-close shot of a tip-off, and it doesn't get any better from there). The Casio-dominated music is the softest of soft rock, worse than the KEZK crap my mom tortured us with as kids in the backseat. The string of lame R&B vocalists they've had do the song doesn't make it any better, Pendergrass, Vandross, whoever- it all comes off as pure cheese.

The only way to enjoy 'One Shining Moment' is on mute.

Not only that, but how about a "hey, do you think we should really be calling out KU like that? We probably shouldn't be going there, they could easily retaliate and rip us apart...whoops, too late."

False. It is a fact. Box is right- if you like good music, you do not like 'One Shining Moment'.

Also, the use of The Big Lebowski to argue is jarring- why use one of the best movies of all time to defend one of the worst songs of all time?

Id probably say "I'm in"

then after about 20 minutes of prep work and realizing what I was about to do I would turn to the booze.

30 minutes into filming I would be passed out in a gutter some place and they would have to find a replacement for me.

The final scene of the vidoe would be a clip of me passed out on a stoop outside a dorm with Truman the Tiger T-bagging me.

I don't care for "One Shining Moment" because I like good music.

Nice work by the KU kids.

One shinning moment the song is terrible...especially when they bring in some pop queen diva to make it even "hipper"

I do enjoy the Hi-light video played with it. After the tournament Ill turn the sound off and watch the video.