Conklin's Ankle

Iggy

Ben Weixlmann @BWeixScout For those wondering, Brian Conklin is at UMass and expects to play tomorrow, per a #SLU team source.

Just saw this. Never knew it was an issue. Does anyone remember a play from the Xavier game that might have caused it? Practice thing? Gramatica-style celebration injury? Injury from drop-kicking a werewolf?

A tweet from @BWeixScout: For those wondering, Brian Conklin is at UMass and expects to play tomorrow, per a #SLU team source.

Ben Weixlmann is the A10 scout for scouts.com, not a "speculation" kind of guy. In close with the program.

A tweet from @BWeixScout: For those wondering, Brian Conklin is at UMass and expects to play tomorrow, per a #SLU team source.

Ben Weixlmann is the A10 scout for scouts.com, not a "speculation" kind of guy. In close with the program.

Easy, friend.

KYR

If the Conk's hurt, sit him. We got CE, CR, and RL good to go. We need him for a run at least to the sweet 16 and then make the elite 8. Conk's a tough guy, but let's not wreck his SR season.

In Majerus I trust, larry ! But I would sleep better tonight if I thought Brian was 100%.

@larry72: you can't possibly believe your statement, do you? Has to be sarcastic right? Loe and Ellis are finesse outside-the-lane, foreign style shooting bigs. Neither can be inserted into the Conklin position and provide anything near what Conklin does and the role he plays on this team. Remekun? He'll foul out in four minutes and has no offensive game whatsoever. This team is the collective sum of all its parts when working and they MUST work in tandem to win. That means either hitting the three to open the lane or vice-a-versa. That involves Conk in the paint and Ellis and Loe taking and making bombs. That means Remekun for four good foul-prone minutes per half.

Remekun's god-given,physical talent is evident. I am still hoping he gets some of the Conkllin wherewithall for next year and becomes a main cog in the machine. Otherwise, it will be a large hole needing filling on Conk's departure.

Plus --- we ain't even in the dance yet, let alone a run of that magnitude. Crawl before ye walk; walk before ye run. Two words: Loyola Marymount.