Bracketology

Billiken75

Good match ups and a drive-able location in Omaha. SLU vs. former SLU assistant coach Randy Bennett and his St. Mary's team then the match up some on this board have desperately wanted vs. Mizzou. If that were to actually happen SLU would have a pretty good turn out. First NCAA appearance in 12 years, a location that is relatively easy to get to, and some interesting match ups.

ESPN's Joe Lunardi's has an updated NCAA tourney bracket out - SLU is currently a #6 seed in the West Regional playing #11 St. Mary's. If we win - we play #3 Mizzou.

Fun to be on the radar screen - let's hope the team keeps playing hard and make defense and rebounding a priority all year.

If I thought Lunardi cared about SLU I'd almost suggest he put that bracket together based on reading this board :D

We'd first play a former assistant coach and could get a scouting report from BayAreaBilliken.

Next would be Mizzou. I can't imagine any trolls coming to this board before that match-up.

After beating Mizzou we'd get to play Marquette. We could listen to Courtside tell us how great Marquette and the Big East are, even if Marquette was the only remaining Big East team in the tourney despite all 16 teams getting bids. After all, you can't judge the Big East strength by their performance in the NCAA tourney...

Then it would be Duke. I wonder what MB73 would have to add to that discussion?

ESPN's Joe Lunardi's has an updated NCAA tourney bracket out - SLU is currently a #6 seed in the West Regional playing #11 St. Mary's. If we win - we play #3 Mizzou. Fun to be on the radar screen - let's hope the team keeps playing hard and make defense and rebounding a priority all year.

Joe Lunardi is famous and has a nice web address but of the 80 or so people that tried to predict the final selection committee's selections he was the 40 somethingth (decidedly mediocre) most accurate (see http://bracketproject.50webs.com/ ). And last year was a good year. And that is not accounting for the fact that his "early" forecasts lack much thought or forecasting (long story short, nobody does a good enough job this early to read). To give credit to where credit is due Jordan Schwartz of Fox Sports was the best predictor last year (although in other years he has been terrible). The best multiyear forecaster has been Dave Ommen from Bracketville: http://bracketville.wordpress.com/ .

If I thought Lunardi cared about SLU I'd almost suggest he put that bracket together based on reading this board :D

We'd first play a former assistant coach and could get a scouting report from BayAreaBilliken.

Next would be Mizzou. I can't imagine any trolls coming to this board before that match-up.

After beating Mizzou we'd get to play Marquette. We could listen to Courtside tell us how great Marquette and the Big East are, even if Marquette was the only remaining Big East team in the tourney despite all 16 teams getting bids. After all, you can't judge the Big East strength by their performance in the NCAA tourney...

Then it would be Duke. I wonder what MB73 would have to add to that discussion?

+1 for the astute analysis.

He has Washington on his first 4 out and Temple on his last 4 in. We need both of those teams to step it up a bit to help us out.

Good to see that he has Oklahoma in though.

Also, St. Joes in his first 4 out.

Our game at St. Joes definitely worries me this year.