Announcer Portland game

GOSLU68

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked how Mike Owens often gave a shout out to the assist as well as the score. "Monroe Douglas!...from Roland Grey!" Guy never does that.

Owen's best calls during that era were on Douglas Alley Ooops.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether this is good news or bad news for SLU fans, but I'll be back behind the mic doing Public Address for the SLU/Arkansas State game tomorrow night. See you all tomorrow!

Awesome...I'm on the floor tomorrow so I'll make sure to heckle you from across the court. Good luck. Looking forward to hearing someone other than Guy.

Mike Owens was awesome. My only knock on him was that he wasn't ever loud enough. If you can combine Mike Owens with Guy's loud mouth, you'd have a great announcer.

I think the guy that does volleyball and did a basketball game last year or the year before, was the best. Point SLU guy.

Well, I guess Guy has a prior arrangement tomorrow night to do the Braggin' Rights game, we now know what his priorities are. I know he will be back in the future at the mic, but this is bs. 1st, he stinks and 2nd, he choose to do a game for 2 teams that won't even play us. Just wish that someone in the Ad would grow a pair and get rid of his "correction" arse!

personally, i am thrilled we will have another night off from the guy. i just wish that slu would use the occasion as an excuse to dump him permanently.