Joe Strauss

Box and Won

With the Cards winning the World Series, the Blues playing well and even the Rams picking up a W, bitter doosh bag Joe Strauss needed something to be negative about, so he turned his ire toward our Billikens on Twitter:

I just heard an FM station pimping Billikens hoop. I'm officially turning the radio off.

Must be hard going through life filled with so much hate.

Just curious, who is Joe Strauss? Also, why would he care about the Bills? Is his MO usually being negative on certain St Louis pro and college teams?

He covers the Cardinals for the Post-Dispatch, but opines about/hates on anything and everything on Twitter. He's a very good writer, but an angry, bitter cynic as well, not to mention a grade A ******.

Just curious, who is Joe Strauss? Also, why would he care about the Bills? Is his MO usually being negative on certain St Louis pro and college teams?

He's the 4th writer(last) on the Cardinals beat for the Post. went to VCU I believe. I thought Billiken fans might like him since he really likes to rag on Mizzou and their journalists. But, except for the SEC, he seems to be an equal opportunity hater. the good news is he'll be out of work in this town as the printed media shrinks and, if you've heard him as a guest on Bernie's show, he has all the personalty and wit of a vending machine.

He covers the Cardinals for the Post-Dispatch, but opines about/hates on anything and everything on Twitter. He's a very good writer, but an angry, bitter cynic as well, not to mention a grade A ******.

I have never even heard of him. Is he some new guy?

I have never even heard of him. Is he some new guy?

No, he's been around for a few years. Wasn't sure about the P-D's Cardinals hierarchy, other than Hummel being at the top.

Going by his comments on Twitter, I get the idea that he basks in the fact that he covers the biggest game in town (Cardinals), and as a result he looks down on all the other sports in town, be it the Blues, Rams, SLU, Mizzou, etc. As Box posted, he's a good writer, does his stuff with the Cardinals well. He's just a cynical person.

No, he's been around for a few years. Wasn't sure about the P-D's Cardinals hierarchy, other than Hummel being at the top.

Going by his comments on Twitter, I get the idea that he basks in the fact that he covers the biggest game in town (Cardinals), and as a result he looks down on all the other sports in town, be it the Blues, Rams, SLU, Mizzou, etc. As Box posted, he's a good writer, does his stuff with the Cardinals well. He's just a cynical person.

Pretty much a St. Louis sports shock jock. He has almost no command of the English Language either. I'm not a fan of his at all. If all the teams in the area were doing well, he'd probably kill himself. The man makes Kevin Slaten look balanced and fair.

Ok, so Strauss got a rise out of all of you. That's just what he wanted. The beauty of the whole thing is when he will be assigned to cover us because the Post will need more writers to cover our NCAA run. And Broy, I believe that is David Strauss.

Ok, so Strauss got a rise out of all of you. That's just what he wanted. The beauty of the whole thing is when he will be assigned to cover us because the Post will need more writers to cover our NCAA run. And Broy, I believe that is David Strauss.

That's the thing, though. He is genuinely an ######, he doesn't just say the stuff to cause a stir. I'm no fan of Slaten but his gig is all to cause a stir.