OT: Ben McLemore unable to play this year

For-DaLove

McLemore was ruled a partial qualifier and won't be able to play until 2012-2013. Didn't NH say we should recruit him because he would be eligible? Ha.

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2136

i think that was stlinsider that said that when he had his random post of the players this board downplayed.

I had to look up "NCAA partial qualifier" to see what it meant. To me, this is sort of like the phrase "a little bit pregnant". Either you is or you ain't. Anyway, is this what happened to Justin Tatum all those years ago? I always wondered why he finished up his career elsewhere (was it Central MO State?) Evidently you get to play a fourth year (in FIFTH year at school) IF you graduate in four?

I had to look up "NCAA partial qualifier" to see what it meant. To me, this is sort of like the phrase "a little bit pregnant". Either you is or you ain't. Anyway, is this what happened to Justin Tatum all those years ago? I always wondered why he finished up his career elsewhere (was it Central MO State?) Evidently you get to play a fourth year (in FIFTH year at school) IF you graduate in four?

Tatum finished at McKendree.

SLU takes partial qualifiers, while many schools don't. Dwayne Wade was a partial qualifier.

Tatum was out of D-1 eligibility. NAIA has different rules so he finished his playing career there.

Yes, but they signed a non-qualifier in Tommie Liddell and allowed him to prep for a year in hopes that he would return. The risk definitely paid off.

Tommie is working on his degree and will be helping out with the team this year. He has a little over a semester left.

Yes, but they signed a non-qualifier in Tommie Liddell and allowed him to prep for a year in hopes that he would return. The risk definitely paid off.

and you deal in "assisting" high school players get to colleges?

liddell indeed did not qualify after he signed a LOI to go to slu.

when he did not pass the necessary requirements before the start of school the following august, he went to a prep school but also the day school started he was no longer "attached" to the slu LOI. if he didnt want to go slu he didnt have to. slu had nothing to do with his going to hargrove. tommie actually verbally comitted to unlv the following summer for a matter of days. so technically tommie was never a billiken while prior to getting his academics in order.

You are late on this information...I broke and confirmed this story a week ago

I haven't been completely up to date on the board and thought you just said he was back taking classes.

It's not a big deal though.