Mizzou to SEC, SEC says Nope

AnkielBreakers

-too bad from a SLU perspective as i think more shifting needs to happen for us to upgrade, but i am fine with the A10 the way it is, if X can get to where they are so can we

-also, why would anyone journalist write soemthing like 'mizzou was offered by the sec if the big12 explodes' with the source being a booster?? shows me in the internet age you can print anything anywhere with little if any responsibility

Not really. The SEC has basically been on record saying they do not want to destroy the Big 12, for fear of lawsuit. A&M alone should not be enough to destroy the conference but if the other 4 had gone to the Pac 12 the conference would be done and Mizzou would be free to go to the SEC.

Mizzou effectively has an offer, but it is contingent on the Big 12 imploding.

I have given the Mizzou basketball program a ton of ###### over the years. Despite that, I don't want to see the state's flagship university become stuck in some second rate conference. It isn't a good thing for the state.

As a college football fan, I hope they end up in the SEC.