Patrick Ingram

Westy03

According to Heardthisblog he will be making his decision tomorrow afternoon via an announcement at his school. Final 3 are SLU, Loyola, and Iowa. Seems like whenever a recruit makes an announcement its never good for SLU. I'm thinking he is choosing Iowa. Hope I'm wrong.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another target, Ryan Rosburg has narrowed his list to 3 and we didn't make the cut. Tennessee, Mizzou, and Missouri State. No big surprise, though.

I don't think we ever offered him.

I don't think we ever offered him.

I think we did, but I could be wrong. Either way it's not a big deal because we never recruited him very hard. He was basically a lock to commit to MSU until Martin left and all that really changed is that Tennessee got involved.

Maybe this kid is the slump-buster on kids making announcements.

I was thinking the same thing. Heardthisblog had a SLU announcement (presumably about recruiting) last week but then delayed releasing the info for some reason. Reasonable conclusion is that heardthisblog was told some info (probably by a recruit) but asked not to say anything. That scenario fits with a recruit wanting to make the announcement himself. Heardthis could know that the kid is picking another school but why tells us there is upcoming "SLU news" if the news is that a recruit chose someone else? Even still, how many times now have we thought we had a recruit only for the kid to make a formal announcement that he chose another school? A Billikens fan always prepares for the worst and hopes for something slightly better than the worst.

I was thinking the same thing. Heardthisblog had a SLU announcement (presumably about recruiting) last week but then delayed releasing the info for some reason. Reasonable conclusion is that heardthisblog was told some info (probably by a recruit) but asked not to say anything. That scenario fits with a recruit wanting to make the announcement himself. Heardthis could know that the kid is picking another school but why tells us there is upcoming "SLU news" if the news is that a recruit chose someone else? Even still, how many times now have we thought we had a recruit only for the kid to make a formal announcement that he chose another school? A Billikens fan always prepares for the worst and hopes for something slightly better than the worst.

I think you are stretching on this one. There is litle chance heard this blog knew before Ingram even visited Iowa, Loyola and SLU where he would be signing.

The kid visited Iowa on Monday and made a decision by Tuesday night. I have read some interviews with him. A few months ago he said that playing in the Big 10 was his dream. Then in another interview later he says playing in a high profile conference was not important to him, so who knows. I guess that is just the way most 17 year olds are... not sure exactly what they want or changing their minds a lot. He sounds like he is a tremendous athlete who would be a good get. If he is planning a big announcement and lines up the hats, I'm afraid this won't go our way. I hope I'm surprised. I'm not sure the HTB announcement they had to hold on had anything to do with recruiting. Maybe they can clarify.

This is not the news that I had referred to a week back. However, I was told to delay releasing recruiting information a week ago, and that situation has dissolved entirely. You will know about Ingram today at 3 CT. Check HTB.com then. Thanks!

This is not the news that I had referred to a week back. However, I was told to delay releasing recruiting information a week ago, and that situation has dissolved entirely. You will know about Ingram today at 3 CT. Check HTB.com then. Thanks!

No, lie to us. Then we can be happy for a few hours.

HTB, are you still planning on releasing information from that situation a week ago? Or has that situation or whatever news it was dissolved? I'm just curious.

For some reason I get very nervous now when he read the word "situation." ;)

He committed to Iowa

No surprise. It's those F-ing hats! Oh well, at least this didn't drag on and we can move on to the next one. After we lost Chievous we went out and got somebody higher rated with Glaze, so maybe that will happen again. The other kid from Indy sounds pretty good too.

No surprise. It's those F-ing hats! Oh well, at least this didn't drag on and we can move on to the next one. After we lost Chievous we went out and got somebody higher rated with Glaze, so maybe that will happen again. The other kid from Indy sounds pretty good too.

Haha the hats = no chance for us.

I agree with you. I think we'll be fine. You can't get them all.

Haha the hats = no chance for us.

I agree with you. I think we'll be fine. You can't get them all.

Striking out on the class of 2012 no surprise given the departure of Moser. Whitesell not a big recruiter. Jensen is unproven. Harriman's never gotten an American recruit and RM doesn't do much of the recruiting especially with all the personal problems he's been dealing with.

I don't expect us to land any impact players in this class. Hopefully we come up big next year.

Striking out on the class of 2012 no surprise given the departure of Moser. Whitesell not a big recruiter. Jensen is unproven. Harriman's never gotten an American recruit and RM doesn't do much of the recruiting especially with all the personal problems he's been dealing with.

I don't expect us to land any impact players in this class. Hopefully we come up big next year.

If Porter is so great, why didn't he land Ingram?

If Porter is so great, why didn't he land Ingram?

He got Loyola into a guy's top three. You honestly expect Loyola to beat Iowa for recruits. That Moser even got Ingram to visit and put Loyola ahead of SIUC, Tennesee among others is impressive.

Who do you guys think recruited Dwayne Evans, Mike Mccall, Kyle Cassity to SLU over bigger offers? Moser was a top 25 assistant in the country and I think it's basically understood that he is an excellent recruiter.

He got Loyola into a guy's top three. You honestly expect Loyola to beat Iowa for recruits. That Moser even got Ingram to visit and put Loyola ahead of SIUC, Tennesee among others is impressive.

Who do you guys think recruited Dwayne Evans, Mike Mccall, Kyle Cassity to SLU over bigger offers? Moser was a top 25 assistant in the country and I think it's basically understood that he is an excellent recruiter.

So if we get a kid to put us in his top 3, yet don't land him it's a failure, but if Porter does the same at Loyola it's a success?

Look I'm not going to get into an argument about his ability to recruit. I think he's a good recruiter...but the reason kids come here to play is because of Rick. Most of the players will tell you that.