Recruiting Options

ACE

If a scholarship opens up, what are our recruiting options. The kid from Chicago has been mentioned and a juco forward was mentioned a while back. Somebody mentioned an Aussie. Anybody know who that is? Anybody else we are looking at?

If a scholarship opens up, what are our recruiting options. The kid from Chicago has been mentioned and a juco forward was mentioned a while back. Somebody mentioned an Aussie. Anybody know who that is? Anybody else we are looking at?

Where's the open scholie coming from is the question. If it's WR's that's not good.

Where's the open scholie coming from is the question. If it's WR's that's not good.

I don't think Willie's situation will be resolved until AFTER the spring signing period is over. So in other words, if Willie doesn't make it back, we will likely not be able to fill that scholarship for next year. That's the way I figure it, but maybe someboy else has a better read on the situation.

Running through the roster for next year(scale of 0 - 10 with "0" being no chance of leaving and 10 being 100% gone):

KM - 0

MM - 1

JB - 0

KC - 1

CS - 6

JJ - 3

CE - 2

DE - 1

BC - 0

RL - 1

CR - 4

JM - 0

WR - 5 (only because of his conditional situation)

I don't wish anyone ill-will. I'd like to see everyone back. I'm only posting my thoughts on the odds for each player coming back, not what I hope happens.

Running through the roster for next year(scale of 0 - 10 with "0" being no chance of leaving and 10 being 100% gone):

KM - 0

MM - 1

JB - 0

KC - 1

CS - 6

JJ - 3

CE - 2

DE - 1

BC - 0

RL - 1

CR - 4

JM - 0

I don't wish anyone ill-will. I'd like to see everyone back. I'm only posting my thoughts on the odds for each player coming back, not what I hope happens.

I've heard from various sources that CS has no interest in leaving, which I'm glad to hear.

Everybody's gonna be back (including Willie) and we'll finally have our breakthrough season. Meanwhile, Manning will redshirt, we'll get a commitment from QC and he'll go to Prep school for one year (will take KC's scholarship the following year), and we'll also get a second commitment from another high quality recruit, preferably a power forward. By the time these players arrive, Mitchell, Reed, and Ellis will be seniors and will lead the team to its first A-10 championship. Upon their graduation, McCall, Barnett, Evans, Jett, and Loe will take the reins and push us to a second straight A-10 championship, with significant support from Quinton and a freshman to be named later. The team will make a deep run into the NCAA tournament, at which point, Majerus will retire, and Roy will finally be happy to be a Billiken fan again.

KM - 0

MM - 1

JB - 0

KC - 1

CS - 6

JJ - 3

CE - 2

DE - 1

BC - 0

RL - 1

CR - 4

JM - 0

Pretty sure this topic is useless considering the only person that has a chance of not being on the team is WR. I have faith he will turn things around academically, but even if he can't turn things around. We will just wait until next year's recruiting class to vill the void.

I would believe that he has no interest in leaving, but I wonder what RM is thinking?

Couple things about that. First, I don't think Majerus wants to upset the Aussie connection by pushing one out. Second, we are actually dangerously close on the NCAA's academic progress rankings to losing a scholly for a year. The way it's been explained to me is that this ranking is primarily because of all the transfers we've had (some have had bad academic standing which has an even bigger negative impact), so additional transfers are probably not wanted by the staff, program, or school.

Couple things about that. First, I don't think Majerus wants to upset the Aussie connection by pushing one out. Second, we are actually dangerously close on the NCAA's academic progress rankings to losing a scholly for a year. The way it's been explained to me is that this ranking is primarily because of all the transfers we've had (some have had bad academic standing which has an even bigger negative impact), so additional transfers are probably not wanted by the staff, program, or school.

Great points and not something i had thought much about.

I've heard from various sources that CS has no interest in leaving, which I'm glad to hear.

Everybody's gonna be back (including Willie) and we'll finally have our breakthrough season. Meanwhile, Manning will redshirt, we'll get a commitment from QC and he'll go to Prep school for one year (will take KC's scholarship the following year), and we'll also get a second commitment from another high quality recruit, preferably a power forward. By the time these players arrive, Mitchell, Reed, and Ellis will be seniors and will lead the team to its first A-10 championship. Upon their graduation, McCall, Barnett, Evans, Jett, and Loe will take the reins and push us to a second straight A-10 championship, with significant support from Quinton and a freshman to be named later. The team will make a deep run into the NCAA tournament, at which point, Majerus will retire, and Roy will finally be happy to be a Billiken fan again.

That all sounds good but why don't you have us winning the A-10 next year too.

I know how stupid I sound when I tell my friends how good we'll be next year but I really believe next year is the break-out season (assuming WR is back) and an A-10 championship is quite possible.

I know how stupid I sound when I tell my friends how good we'll be next year but I really believe next year is the break-out season (assuming WR is back) and an A-10 championship is quite possible.

Xavier is going to be very good again next year and we'll intentionally play a tougher A-10 schedule than the other squads (which is fine).

I'm sure all my friends get real tired of my "wait till next year" line. But this time it's true!

made my day :D

If Willie is back, then I would like to see everybody back. If we could look into a crystal ball and see that Willie would not make it back, then I would like to see a scholarship open up and filled by somebody who could help fill the void at the 5.

100% agreement, Kshoe. A-10 w/ everyone back is doable.

Xavier is going to be very good again next year and we'll intentionally play a tougher A-10 schedule than the other squads (which is fine).

I'm sure all my friends get real tired of my "wait till next year" line. But this time it's true!

Doesn't X lose Holloway, Frease, and McLean(?). X always seems to reload so agreed they'll be tough again, but we really played them tough both times this year. All that said, I have no idea what they have coming in.

Doesn't X lose Holloway, Frease, and McLean(?). X always seems to reload so agreed they'll be tough again, but we really played them tough both times this year. All that said, I have no idea what they have coming in.

Unless Holloway decides to test the NBA waters, they just lose McLean. Just about everyone else is returning.

No, no, and yes. Holloway and Frease are juniors. Xavier loses McLean, Jackson, and Taylor, plus walk-ons Feeney, Mazza, and Hughes. They've got strong freshmen coming in (despite the devastating loss of Michael Chandler from their class), Jay Canty will be healthy, and Justin Martin will be eligible. They'll be just as good, if not better.

Pretty sure Holloway and Frease are Jr's. And they had a freshman who didn't play this year (can't remember why), but all accounts are had he played he probably would have started...in other words they'll likely be even better

Now what would really make Roy's day would be to bring back Sodie to replace Majerus. ;)

why would you say that? absolutely not. soderberg day is dead and gone. you need to get off that. :angry:

Pretty sure Holloway and Frease are Jr's. And they had a freshman who didn't play this year (can't remember why), but all accounts are had he played he probably would have started...in other words they'll likely be even better

plus redford sat out the whole year with injury