GDT: SLU v. St. Joes

SluSignGuy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother says willie walked in with about 14 minutes left in game.

According to the police report, all he did was walk in...there was no ballin for him. He left that to another player. No word on if the rest of the game actually took 14 minutes...

That's exactly what some of us are saying regarding Kyle. He has an open lane but he's looking to dish and just threw away 2 points. He had another one earlier when he dished to Cory for a 10 footer which he missed rather than taking it strong to the hole.

The board is being monitored and someone relayed my criticism to Kyle. He's responded well with 2 confident shots since.

I know it's St. Joe's, but games like this is why i think our roster will be loaded next year. Add a productive DE (or JB), KC and RL (or BC) to WR and KM and you're looking at a really good starting five. Then, you can bring guys like JB (or DE), BC (or RL), CE, CR, MM and JJ off the bench. Not to mention Manning, if he doesn't redshirt.

Timmerman

Willie Reed in the student section. Band chants, "Willie, Willie."

Nate:

Willie Reed just walked down the stands in front of the student section and drew some cheers. Now chanting "Will-ie Will-ie."

Really good and much needed win for our young Bills.

Thinks to take away:

-Evans had a HUGE game. 16 pts, 14 boards, a nice block, a great alley-oop jam. Tons of energy.

-Remekun with an 8-10 from the free throw line. Who woulda thunk that? Also, nice energy off of the bench and 2 blocks.

-Cassity was more aggressive, which is what we want to see. Missed some shots, but still scored in double digits and showed confidence.

-Ellis continues to improve on defense and made some nice passes. Still needs to get his shot to fall more, but nice overall game.

-Conklin with a typical Conklin game. Good on the offensive boards.

-McCall went 3-3 from beyond the arc. Did miss 2 easy layuos late in the game. Overall still had a decent game. Impressed with the 3 pt shooting, especially with the end of shot clock shot and another one with a defender in his face. Very KM like.

-Jett with NO turnovers. Got the message from the coaching staff and led the team in assists today. Also had a HUGE block and some nice steals.

-Loe got some more playing time, and while shot still wasn't falling, was able to hold his own on defense and make some nice passes early on. Was worried early on when he got called for a moving screen 10 seconds into the game but settled down and was not io foul trouble.

-Good to see Majerus back on the sideline. Looked like he wanted to sit the entire game early on but he was back to his usual roaming the sideline midway through the first half.

-A-10 refs are terrible. One example: Cassity was 5 feet away from a St. Joe player when the St. Joe player clearly dribbled it off of his foot. Ref calls it out on SLU. St. Joe then makes a 3-pointer at the end of the shot clock. Just terrible. Worse, the ref then calls a make up foul on the other end.

-Loved, LOVED, seeing KM on the bench during the game. He was very active all game and in warmups. Almost felt like his presence helped the players play looser. While team shot like crap again, they were more aggressive and didn't get down after missing a shot. Other than the low FG%, team played mearly mistake free ball. Low turnovers, high assists, decent FT%, lots of energy. It was a welcome relief after the last few games.

-St. Joe's is a bad team, but they have some talent. Not sure if they will make the A-10 tourney this year. Not ready to claim that the Bills are going to reel off a bunch of wins now, but they played with a lot more confidence and energy today and the upcoming games are all winnable.

@Bizziken I actually was thinking the same thing about kwamain looking smaller when I first saw him on the court today..

KM was standing next to MM. MM is 6' and KM looked taller than MM. :D

He looked thinner though. Maybe its that we haven't seen him in a while. Took me by surprise to see him suited up. Figured he'd be in street clothes.

I'm with you '05...I thought he looked thinner...Granted, I was watching the game on my computer, but I singled him out during warmups, and he definitely looked smaller...maybe he didn't have a weight room consistently available in Wisconsin...

Kwamain looked like he was having a great time the whole game. He was and is the heart of the team. His confidence, attitude, and leadership is going to have a huge effect on this team. He worked with McCall all of warm-ups. He was encouraging everyone and showing tons of emotion before and after the game. Kwamain and Jake Barnett are just like having 2 more coaches on the bench during the games.

Kwamain is going to have a great effect on this team right now. I'm not saying that we'll make the NCAA's or NIT, but I think postseason play needs to be our goal. The CBI or CIT would be great for this team. These young players just need to keep playing games. Extend their season. Learn the feeling of a win or end your season game.