All in all....

Not a bad showing in the tournament as a whole. Our Billikens were in every game but in the last 2 games they seemed too hit a wall around the minutes surrounding the 9 minutes left mark in the second half. Missing Loe this game hurt, he should not have played all of the minutes he did in the 2nd game coming off of the dreaded Mexican barf sickness. Our Billikens showed resiliency in all of the games against much more experienced teams in these last 2 games and this will be extremely important for our future. Free throw shooting still plagues, 38.5% sucks. The thing that REALLY bothers Too in this game was the fact that Ole Miss had 19 turnovers too our 7??????

Triangle guesses that Cody Ellis just said "screw it" and would rather be someplace else, going 0-7 and also passing up several open 3's when our Billiken's needed too score, not a scorer's mentality. With a shortened lineup, we only had 9 pts off of the bench but Paul and Dwayne were a combined 4 for 6. Brian Conklin played a heck of a game in foul trouble and look for him too start ahead of Loe, he has fought his way back - still wish he wouldn't miss those shots close too the basket. Cassity, what can you say, he seems too realize when others are struggling, he should shoot more, take those 7 shots from Ellis and give them too Kyle. Salecich improved toonight, not taking a shot after going 0-3 clunkers in last nights game. McCall and Jett, well what can you say.

so it goes.

Not a bad showing in the tournament as a whole. Our Billikens were in every game but in the last 2 games they seemed too hit a wall around the minutes surrounding the 9 minutes left mark in the second half. Missing Loe this game hurt, he should not have played all of the minutes he did in the 2nd game coming off of the dreaded Mexican barf sickness. Our Billikens showed resiliency in all of the games against much more experienced teams in these last 2 games and this will be extremely important for our future. Free throw shooting still plagues, 38.5% sucks. The thing that REALLY bothers Too in this game was the fact that Ole Miss had 19 turnovers too our 7??????

Triangle guesses that Cody Ellis just said "screw it" and would rather be someplace else, going 0-7 and also passing up several open 3's when our Billiken's needed too score, not a scorer's mentality. With a shortened lineup, we only had 9 pts off of the bench but Paul and Dwayne were a combined 4 for 6. Brian Conklin played a heck of a game in foul trouble and look for him too start ahead of Loe, he has fought his way back - still wish he wouldn't miss those shots close too the basket. Cassity, what can you say, he seems too realize when others are struggling, he should shoot more, take those 7 shots from Ellis and give them too Kyle. Salecich improved toonight, not taking a shot after going 0-3 clunkers in last nights game. McCall and Jett, well what can you say.

so it goes.

B.S. Who is really behind this name...? I have my suspicions....

Brian Conklin played a heck of a game in foul trouble and look for him too start ahead of Loe, he has fought his way back - still wish he wouldn't miss those shots close too the basket.

Brian did have a heck of a tournament, although he did have some stupid fouls and some easy misses on the offensive end. Did anyone else hear the espn commentator, Miles Simon comment on Brian towards the end of the second half? "Good footwork... really knows how to use his body well...almost ambidextrous, can go left handed or right handed....fundamentally sound....and then he has good touch." I am pretty sure he read my post yesterday on BC's nba potential and thought it was something he had to use during the broadcast.

Brian did have a heck of a tournament, although he did have some stupid fouls and some easy misses on the offensive end. Did anyone else hear the espn commentator, Miles Simon comment on Brian towards the end of the second half? "Good footwork... really knows how to use his body well...almost ambidextrous, can go left handed or right handed....fundamentally sound....and then he has good touch." I am pretty sure he read my post yesterday on BC's nba potential and thought it was something he had to use during the broadcast.

Brian has the worst left hand of any player I've ever seen at this level. However, he plays with passion and effort and he does use his body well. He needs to play smarter, but that is improving.

One thing that cannot be overstated, we have to hit free throws! I don;t want to be that guy, but those are easy shots. I hit 80% in grade school and these guys are so much better than me. C'mon Jordair. Come on Dwayne. Come on Kyle. We have to hit these if we ever want t be successful.

so it goes.

Does anyone actually read through your entire post?

I don't care if Conklin scores 50, he needs to board. He cannot play 30 minutes as a 4/5 and get only 2 rebounds. We got doubled up on rebounds, they had multiple second chances and those negated the turnover differential. No one rebounds on the team consistently except Jett and Evans. I'm not giving Conklin a pat on the back till he starts doing what the team needs from him the most.

I don't care if Conklin scores 50, he needs to board. He cannot play 30 minutes as a 4/5 and get only 2 rebounds. We got doubled up on rebounds, they had multiple second chances and those negated the turnover differential. No one rebounds on the team consistently except Jett and Evans. I'm not giving Conklin a pat on the back till he starts doing what the team needs from him the most.

BC has the potential to be a big scorer, with his ability to use either hand along with his good footwork and great touch around the rim, don't be surprised when he scores 50, probably next year, and when that time comes you shouldn't care if he has 0 boards.

BC has the potential to be a big scorer, with his ability to use either hand along with his good footwork and great touch around the rim, don't be surprised when he scores 50, probably next year, and when that time comes you shouldn't care if he has 0 boards.

:lol::lol::lol:

so it goes.

I dont think Cody said screw it as much as he just didnt have any legs left. All of his shots were short and once he realized he wasnt shooting very well he just quit shooting all toghether. I think he is still a little behind on his conditioning from the offseason illness. The three games in three days just caught up to him.

The rest of your post I agree with.

I was suprised with Conklin yesterday. It seemed at times they were actually trying to run the offense through him. I dont remember seeing that very often.

My only real complaints are the FT shooting, the turnovers from game 2, and Cory Remekun. The free throws have been a problem for years now and I dont get it. Cassity is a great shooter, no reason for him to struggle from the line the way he does. The big guys I give more wiggle room to but our guards need to hit thier free throws.

THe turnovers will get better in time. Jett seems to have the most but many times it seems his turnovers are from makeing passes his teammates cant handle. He'll learn when to throw those bullet passes and when to wait for something else.

Remekun...Ugh!?! He needs to start doing somethhing....anything...he just needs to do it better than he has been.

Remekun...Ugh!?! He needs to start doing somethhing....anything...he just needs to do it better than he has been.

This is the guy we needed to step up into Willie's void.

Imagine the disappointment of the coaching staff.

Did CR come to play or not.

We need CR; the team needs CR

CR, CR, CR

This is the guy we needed to step up into Willie's void.

Imagine the disappointment of the coaching staff.

Did CR come to play or not.

We need CR; the team needs CR

CR, CR, CR

CR is what he is. A big, athletic body who can defend and rebound. He has no offensive game whatsoever. I hoped he would, I was wrong.

Cory is two years younger than Cody. Think about that and how much two years means at this level.

GOSLU68 you say dumb cliches like "he has no fire in his belly". Cory out of all the guys worked the most on his body over the off-season. For some guys that was apparently not worth the time. I was hoping CR could step in to WR's void, but he can't. Not for lack of effort, but for lack of ability.

CR is what he is. A big, athletic body who can defend and rebound. He has no offensive game whatsoever. I hoped he would, I was wrong.

Cory is two years younger than Cody. Think about that and how much two years means at this level.

GOSLU68 you say dumb cliches like "he has no fire in his belly". Cory out of all the guys worked the most on his body over the off-season. For some guys that was apparently not worth the time. I was hoping CR could step in to WR's void, but he can't. Not for lack of effort, but for lack of ability.

You are describing Conklin buy typed in Remekun by mistake? Oh, but Conklin is performing on the court.

If he could rebound he'd be ok and merit considerable playing time since we're so bad at it.

I'd be happy with an average of 50 pts and 2 rbs per game.

If he could rebound he'd be ok and merit considerable playing time since we're so bad at it.

It's not quite that simple. We don't have good individual rebounders on our team, but they are not in and of themselves that bad. We are a bad rebounding team because of the types of athletes we have.

We don't get very many offesnive rebounds because we don't have the athletes to play an up-tempo game, so we don't have send many people to the offensive glass, choosing to get back on defense.

We give up too many offensive rebounds because we don't have the athletes to stop dribble penetration. PE, CE, CS all have certain assets they bring to the team but when they have to guard guys off the dribble, they can be susceptible to quicker players. When you get beat off the dribble, help-side defense comes over, in the form of either a shot-blocker or a charge-taker. This leaves guys free to attack the offensive glass.

If you watch the Southern Miss game, you won't see many guys attacking the offensive glass from our team. You also will see a lot of offensive rebounds from southern Miss after our players have been beat off the dribble.

We need good individual rebounders, we also need better athletes. A guy like FJ would greatly help our rebounding because of his ability to stop dribble penetration.