Bills vs. Southern Miss

bk18

There star is Gary Flowers. He's gonna pull a MO St. on us again unless someone can contain him.

He's putting up 21.4 PPG and 7 RPG. He's also like 25 years old!!!!

I think Dwayne is the best option for trying to contain him or at least box him out and keep him away from our boards.

Conklin could give it a good shot as well. Cory, also a Dallas area native, may be able to give it a shot as well.

If we put Rob Loe on him, it's going to be Montezuma's revenge for the bills.

He played 37 minutes yesterday so he could be fatigued. There whole starting line up put a lot of minutes and this could create some strategy options for the Bills. RM might want to try to start things off at a fast pace or somehow get Flowers running around a lot on defense so his legs get lazy. Anyone who has played basektball knows that legs are so important for every part of the game. Tired legs means bad defense, poor shooting, more fouls, etc.

My gameplan would be tell whoever is guarded by Flowers to run around the court on offense like a chicken with his head cut off. And constantly sub for those guys so flowers really fatigues and feels the previous game.

This looks like a tough matchup.

Southern Miss is almost old, very experienced. One of the best rebounding rates in the nation, offensive rebounding rates are top 20. They not only score alot but they are very efficient offensively, their ppp is 1.15. We haven't had one game that high.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/article_17c61473-4bb9-5cd8-9922-557374747909.html

I didn't get to watch or listen to the game, but Majerus said that JJ played great defensively. I remember RM said he was a terrible defender before the season started so it is good to hear about some significant improvement. Let's see if Conklin can have another solid game and stop 25 year old Flowers.

Also with the scores from yesterday, we are now 122nd in the nation according to RPI and Southern Miss moved to 24th.

Posted Image

I didn't see any pictures from the game yesterday, but I was wondering if Rick changed to his tropical shirt?

I don't see why you'd need a heavy black sweater in Cancun. As for S.Miss, if they're as good on the boards as their stats indicate, well.... we'll have to shoot around 70% from the field to beat them.

I don't see why you'd need a heavy black sweater in Cancun. As for S.Miss, if they're as good on the boards as their stats indicate, well.... we'll have to shoot around 70% from the field to beat them.

At this point, I think the bigger key is if they have good guards to complement their big guys. If they have a good balance, we have no way to stop it. That's the difference between the Portland/Missouri State games and the Northeastern game.

At this point, I think the bigger key is if they have good guards to complement their big guys. If they have a good balance, we have no way to stop it. That's the difference between the Portland/Missouri State games and the Northeastern game.

It's more about the bigs. MO St. gave it to their bigs play after play. They didn't even work the ball around.

My point is that if their guards are containable, then we can use more effective help defense in/near the paint.

I did not see yesterdays game but I did see the stream of the JAX game. It may, up to now, be our best win since JAX beat Fl.

If they play the way they played that 2nd 1/2, really hawk the ball by not letting get inside and creating TO's. Also, gets you a lot of fast break opportunities and of course, HIT 3s.

It's more about the bigs. MO St. gave it to their bigs play after play. They didn't even work the ball around.

This is where we miss WR the most.

KM is an outstanding player, but those of you that insisted KM was the greater loss, do you finally see how important WR was?

With both Jett and McCaul, we have minimized the loss of KM's.

So. Miss is only a 4.5 pt favorite... so maybe we have a better chance than I thought... but it does not look promising. I hope we can pull it off somehow.

Dumb TV Question. ESPNU is its own channel like ESPNNews or ESPN Classic right? Meaning, if it is not on my cable listings...i don't get it right?

If this is the case, anyone watching at a bar in the West County area?

Dumb TV Question. ESPNU is its own channel like ESPNNews or ESPN Classic right? Meaning, if it is not on my cable listings...i don't get it right?

If this is the case, anyone watching at a bar in the West County area?

Correct. On DirecTV for me it's channel 208.

There star is Gary Flowers. He's gonna pull a MO St. on us again unless someone can contain him.

He's putting up 21.4 PPG and 7 RPG. He's also like 25 years old!!!!

I think Dwayne is the best option for trying to contain him or at least box him out and keep him away from our boards.

Conklin could give it a good shot as well. Cory, also a Dallas area native, may be able to give it a shot as well.

If we put Rob Loe on him, it's going to be Montezuma's revenge for the bills.

He played 37 minutes yesterday so he could be fatigued. There whole starting line up put a lot of minutes and this could create some strategy options for the Bills. RM might want to try to start things off at a fast pace or somehow get Flowers running around a lot on defense so his legs get lazy. Anyone who has played basektball knows that legs are so important for every part of the game. Tired legs means bad defense, poor shooting, more fouls, etc.

My gameplan would be tell whoever is guarded by Flowers to run around the court on offense like a chicken with his head cut off. And constantly sub for those guys so flowers really fatigues and feels the previous game.

I never thought I would see the words Rick Majerus and fast pace in the same sentence.

I agree with ya just don't see it happening.

And if Loe doesnt play the Bills arent very deep right now and may end up tiring themselves out