what happens as Dwayne Evans establishes

GOSLU68

DE gets after the ball; he fights to get close on rebounds. He seems to be able to pull up for the short jumper if his lane closes; his free throw shooting is above our woeful average.

Who loses minutes if he plays more?

Anybody know how to get plus minus minutes for every player?

Why can't we have stat cumulative for this year instead of past years only on Billikens.com?

DE gets after the ball; he fights to get close on rebounds. He seems to be able to pull up for the short jumper if his lane closes; his free throw shooting is above our woeful average.

Why can't we have stat cumulative for this year instead of past years only on Billikens.com?

Ellis, Salecich lose minutes. Best lineup right now is Loe, Remekun, Evans, Cassity, Jett.

I think we are most effective on the offensive end when McCall is on the floor. We need hos drive and kick ability as teams more and more are flying out at our shooters and daring us to do anything inside.

By the way, someone must have gotten into Cody's head regarding his defense and positioning. He really worked hard on that end yesterday.

My five would be: Loe, Remekun, Cassity, McCall and Ellis or Evans depending on the matchup.

Actually, I think we can go with 2 guards when Evans in there as long as we have 2 big guys to man the boards.

I think we are most effective on the offensive end when McCall is on the floor. We need hos drive and kick ability as teams more and more are flying out at our shooters and daring us to do anything inside.

By the way, someone must have gotten into Cody's head regarding his defense and positioning. He really worked hard on that end yesterday.

My five would be: Loe, Remekun, Cassity, McCall and Ellis or Evans depending on the matchup.

I got no problem with your five, that is a good lineup as well. Jett's vision is good as is McCall's. They both see the court really well, and both have the ability to drive and kick. Ellis did step it up a little yesterday on D and positioning, maybe he's starting to come around.

I got no problem with your five, that is a good lineup as well. Jett's vision is good as is McCall's. They both see the court really well, and both have the ability to drive and kick. Ellis did step it up a little yesterday on D and positioning, maybe he's starting to come around.

You really can't start both Evans and Jett as well as Remekun, as much as I love what that does with our rebounding and athleticism. If we get zoned like we did yesterday we need to be able to hit open shots, and neither Evans nor Jett are allowed to shoot threes. My lineup would be: MM, CE, KC, CR and RL.

+1 for everything said.

I'd rather see us have oversized 3's with Ellis and Evans than undersized 4's. We can be a big team. We just need a solid post up player... WR?

You really can't start both Evans and Jett as well as Remekun, as much as I love what that does with our rebounding and athleticism. If we get zoned like we did yesterday we need to be able to hit open shots, and neither Evans nor Jett are allowed to shoot threes. My lineup would be: MM, CE, KC, CR and RL.

how do you know this? i havent read this as a rickma quote? i prefer to think that they have the good sense to know they have shooting limitations and shoot the shots they feel confident they can make.

if we start the four freshmen and cassity, you still have kyle, rob and mike that can all make open threes.

personally i have been real disappointed the last couple of games with loe and ellis being kept inside rather than drifting out to find open three point opportunities. whether they have been intentionally held inside or if the defense is limiting their opportunities, at this point in time i think it is best that loe and ellis are not on the floor at the same time. sub corey for evans and sub ellis for loe. use salacich and paul to sub for the three guards. use conklin as the game dictates, i.e. other team has three bigs.

btw, i thought conklin did the best job guarding iupui's best player, young, yesterday. which considering young's ball skills was somewhat surprising. young missed a lot of shots yesterday. whatever was the focus to limit him imo was successful.

I would agree with McCall over Jett. Mike has a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio. His man is not able to sag off him and help in the lane. He move the ball well and drives when sees and opening. He has also used his speed to create space for a teammate. Jett gives us someone who can drive and perhaps finish, but his turnovers kill us. Most the those turnovers appear to be trying to make the perfect pass, and college defensive speed is faster than high school and prep. He has yet to adjust. He had one turnover when Ellis or evans flashed to the FT line, and was open, but he waited too long to make the pass and by the time he did, they were covered the ball was tipped away, another empty trip while much of the news is our poor shooting, it is magnified when we do not even get a shot off.

His defense has improved and one thing that was impressive about last years team was its ability to defend the three. IUPUI was 0-8.....and one of their players had been hitting 42%. Hopefully that is because as a team we are defending. Winning a game when you shoot 20% in the second half must be the result of team defense.

I would agree with McCall over Jett. Mike has a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio. His man is not able to sag off him and help in the lane. He move the ball well and drives when sees and opening. He has also used his speed to create space for a teammate. Jett gives us someone who can drive and perhaps finish, but his turnovers kill us.

Put me on the McCall over Jett list as well. Love Jett's strength taking the ball to the rack but the turnovers are disconcerting. McCall gets better every minute he's on the court. More McCall please.

how do you know this? i havent read this as a rickma quote? i prefer to think that they have the good sense to know they have shooting limitations and shoot the shots they feel confident they can make.

RM has said it at least about Jett in radio interviews. You can see he doesn't even think about shooting threes. And seeing as DE wasn't afraid to shoot three's in high school, yet never even looks at the rim from three-point land in games, I think its safe to assume the same.

I would agree with McCall over Jett. Mike has a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio. His man is not able to sag off him and help in the lane. He move the ball well and drives when sees and opening. He has also used his speed to create space for a teammate. Jett gives us someone who can drive and perhaps finish, but his turnovers kill us. Most the those turnovers appear to be trying to make the perfect pass, and college defensive speed is faster than high school and prep. He has yet to adjust. He had one turnover when Ellis or evans flashed to the FT line, and was open, but he waited too long to make the pass and by the time he did, they were covered the ball was tipped away, another empty trip while much of the news is our poor shooting, it is magnified when we do not even get a shot off.

His defense has improved and one thing that was impressive about last years team was its ability to defend the three. IUPUI was 0-8.....and one of their players had been hitting 42%. Hopefully that is because as a team we are defending. Winning a game when you shoot 20% in the second half must be the result of team defense.

How do you get 3:1 for McCall, from 17 assists to 9 turnovers? While Jett does have 13 assists to 12 turnovers he does lead the team with 8 steals and he outrebounds all other guards on both ends. I like them both and really like seeing the two of them on the court together. Can't go wrong with either.

I'd like to see RM and staff get us a second DE and play them both at the same time-great motion offense, defense, rebounding, steals, matchup problems. I think DE may be the fastest guy we have on both ends of the

floor; McCall may win a race but does not have the potential yet for Claggett or TL3 moves and I think DE does and has no problem pulling the trigger.

For offense consider a lineup of RL, PE, DE, CE, KC but for defensive stoppers you need Jett, Conklin and Cory as PE, RL, and CE are still too slow.

PE is a bit like watching Drew Diener grab to defend

I'd like to see RM and staff get us a second DE and play them both at the same time-great motion offense, defense, rebounding, steals, matchup problems. I think DE may be the fastest guy we have on both ends of the

floor; McCall may win a race but does not have the potential yet for Claggett or TL3 moves and I think DE does and has no problem pulling the trigger.

For offense consider a lineup of RL, PE, DE, CE, KC but for defensive stoppers you need Jett, Conklin and Cory as PE, RL, and CE are still too slow.

PE is a bit like watching Drew Diener grab to defend

I don't understand why you are comparing MM to to DE. Also, be careful before putting PE in our offensive lineup.

I don't understand why you are comparing MM to to DE. Also, be careful before putting PE in our offensive lineup.

not footspeed which has nothing to do with how they use it-but quickness.

CS and Jett might be compared for hand speed; for the little time he has been playing CS hasn't lost anything when it comes to forcing jumpballs

Conklin seems to be losing his minutes to Evans. I'm ok with that since Evans is a better rebounder and offensive player. Conklin looks stronger and is currently the better defender, but Evans isn't a slouch in those department either.

Conklin seems to be losing his minutes to Evans. I'm ok with that since Evans is a better rebounder and offensive player. Conklin looks stronger and is currently the better defender, but Evans isn't a slouch in those department either.

Evans led the team in rebounding yet again Saturday. Conk came off the bench before Evans in the 1st half but by the 2nd half Rickma was giving large minutes to Evans. When Cory is not in the game, it's difficult the Billikens to rebound without Evans on the floor. I will say though that rebounding is the one area Cody looks to have improved his game from last season this. I believe there were a few brief stretches yesterday where we went extremely small with Cody and Evans at the 5/4.

Evans led the team in rebounding yet again Saturday. Conk came off the bench before Evans in the 1st half but by the 2nd half Rickma was giving large minutes to Evans. When Cory is not in the game, it's difficult the Billikens to rebound without Evans on the floor. I will say though that rebounding is the one area Cody looks to have improved his game from last season this. I believe there were a few brief stretches yesterday where we went extremely small with Cody and Evans at the 5/4.

it surprised me as well as Conklin was finishing then he got used little in second half and PE got minutes but was all covered up for the rest of the game

How do you get 3:1 for McCall, from 17 assists to 9 turnovers? While Jett does have 13 assists to 12 turnovers he does lead the team with 8 steals and he outrebounds all other guards on both ends. I like them both and really like seeing the two of them on the court together. Can't go wrong with either.

Sorry was quoting Timmerman, I believe it refers to the last two game…9 ast and 3 turnovers, vs Jett who was 4-4. Do not misunderstand, I like Jett too, but he needs to cut down the tunrovers. When we are in the lead, it does not help to not even get a shot off… turnovers kill us. McCall worst game was against Georgia 3 asst and four turnovers. I am hoping it was a learning experience for him, and we see improvement in each game.

Cassity -1 / 33

Loe -2 / 16

Conklin -2 / 6

Salecich -6 / 27

Remekun -6 / 16

I was at the game and thought Conklin looked good on defense, and finished better than in the past. Six minutes is an insult. What did he do or not do

that was so different than the other -players?