Who are the best

drkelsey55

Who are your best five for an offensive team.

Mine: MM, KC, CE, DE, RL

Who are your bset five defensive team.

Mine: MM, KC, DE, CS, CR (base on their play at the end of last year, not what they have shown this year so far.)

So who is the best five over all??

Opinions? :blink:

Who are your best five for an offensive team.

Mine: MM, KC, CE, DE, RL

Who are your bset five defensive team.

Mine: MM, KC, DE, CS, CR (base on their play at the end of last year, not what they have shown this year so far.)

So who is the best five over all??

Opinions? :blink:

Offense: MM, KC, CE, RL, BC

Defensive: PE, KC, CS, BC, CR

Overall:MM, KC, CS, BC, CR

Offensive: MM, CS, CE, RL, BC

Defensive: MM, KC, CS, BC, CR

Best: MM, KC, CS, CE, BC

I initially thought Conklin and Remekun would both start, but we are pretty thin in the frontcourt...Ellis is going to have to step it up on Defense...

Majerus prefers a 3-guard lineup, but with only 4 guards and PE to give spotty relief, I think we might see more of a traditional lineup with Evans in there...

I also think the lineup will depend, to some extent, on who we are playing...

Offensive: MM, CS, CE, RL, BC

Defensive: MM, KC, CS, BC, CR

Best: MM, KC, CS, CE, BC

I initially thought Conklin and Remekun would both start, but we are pretty thin in the frontcourt...Ellis is going to have to step it up on Defense...

Majerus prefers a 3-guard lineup, but with only 4 guards and PE to give spotty relief, I think we might see more of a traditional lineup with Evans in there...

I also think the lineup will depend, to some extent, on who we are playing...

Man, how things change. Just a few weeks ago, I think most Board members expected the least out of DE. I know I did. Not that I didn't think he would be good, I just didn't think he would be this good. What a pleasant surprise.

However, I still think at the end of the year that RL and MM will have contributed more.

Man, how things change. Just a few weeks ago, I think most Board members expected the least out of DE. I know I did. Not that I didn't think he would be good, I just didn't think he would be this good. What a pleasant surprise.

However, I still think at the end of the year that RL and MM will have contributed more.

What's funny is that by next year, 3 of this years Freshman class could have the opportunity to start depending on their development...

This must be a mistake. CE is the best player on the team now. No two ways about it.

I agree. He had the most impact last year of just about anyone. Granted KM was indespensable, but CE was the difference maker. My guess is he's off to a slow start because of the mono. Not sure he's gonna be able to make up all that lost conditioning with just 2 weeks of practice, however. He may not be at full speed until Conference time rolls around. That said, RL may make up some his slack. He's gonna be a matchup nightmare for other teams if his shot is falling.

MM,DE,BC,CE,RL is the best lineup IMO, Funny how the 4 &5 are probably the best shooters, that would create some mismatches. Also, I think DE would be a very good 2 and what he lacks in shooting, would be made up by CE & RL. Im surprised no one has JJ in the 1 spot over MM. Its gotta be close.

This must be a mistake. CE is the best player on the team now. No two ways about it.

Possibly, I have yet to see him play defense though. If he can do that well, he will be undoubtedly the best on the team.

MM,DE,BC,CE,RL is the best lineup IMO, Funny how the 4 &5 are probably the best shooters, that would create some mismatches. Also, I think DE would be a very good 2 and what he lacks in shooting, would be made up by CE & RL. Im surprised no one has JJ in the 1 spot over MM. Its gotta be close.

I like this one too, but I just had a hard time keeping KC out, right now I think he is the gluethat keeps everything together. Had to choose between BC and DE, went with DE. :)

OK, so now a few others are recognizing that DE has some talent -- wow, I'm so shocked. imagine my surprise.

well, maybe all those hours and years I've spent in various gyms has really paid off; I was starting to think maybe, as some suggested, my talent scout tendencies were just a hallucination-- thanks for the love for DE, and for endorsing my earlier startling predictions. Some of the geniuses on here were really busting my balls; and thus crushing my fragile self-confidence, not an easy thing to do. Perhaps after all I'm not such a tremendous loser as suggested, and perhaps there are glimmers of hope that DE might actually become a decent Division I player.

of course DE is nowhere near the stratospheric and almost mythic talents of Tommie: please, do not insult my intelligence with that suggestion. I certainly stand corrected by the Combine: DE is clearly no Tommie (Hail to the promised child!), but DE now does in fact appear able to beat me and most other knuckleheads on here in H-O-R-S-E.

It's just so darned hard to watch pick-up and tell whether there's any talent out there. So, so hard ...

OK, so now a few others are recognizing that DE has some talent -- wow, I'm so shocked. imagine my surprise.

well, maybe all those hours and years I've spent in various gyms has really paid off; I was starting to think maybe, as some suggested, my talent scout tendencies were just a hallucination-- thanks for the love for DE, and for endorsing my earlier startling predictions. Some of the geniuses on here were really busting my balls; and thus crushing my fragile self-confidence, not an easy thing to do. Perhaps after all I'm not such a tremendous loser as suggested, and perhaps there are glimmers of hope that DE might actually become a decent Division I player.

of course DE is nowhere near the stratospheric and almost mythic talents of Tommie: please, do not insult my intelligence with that suggestion. I certainly stand corrected by the Combine: DE is clearly no Tommie (Hail to the promised child!), but DE now does in fact appear able to beat me and most other knuckleheads on here in H-O-R-S-E.

It's just so darned hard to watch pick-up and tell whether there's any talent out there. So, so hard ...

I'm glad that all those "hours and years in various gyms" have paid off for you. I am also glad that you can determine that someone is going to be a good D-1 basketball player after a double-double against a school none of us had ever heard of before our schedule came out. Maybe we can call him a All-American after he drops 18 points against Northwest Montana State University for the Blind.

On another note, if URI took Pitt (the Big East favorite) to the brink at Pitt last night, it will be a very long season for a team of freshmen and sophomores.

Wow? How many people were busting your balls?

You forgot Na, na, na,na,na

you are not very attuned to sarcasm, are you?

(o wait, if not attuned to it, then you cannot answer that one, can you?)

how many are busting me, Skip? as I said, "some of the geniuses." and you must know who those are, right?

actually husakattack, you do have one thing right: my basic analysis so far is this: yes, it's definitely going to be a pretty long year, certainly until when (and if) Mitchell comes back.

Is your hand sore...from patting yourself on the back so hard? Also, why the shots at Tommie? I think we knew DE was going to be a good D-1 player when RM recruited him and not from your 'talent scouting.'

Hey DocB. You called. I answer.

DE looks great! I mean, you are soooo right! He's got freshman of the year in the A-10 written all over him!

WRONG!

you cant base crap off these first few games. congrats. he tried harder and learned the offense the quickest (no surprise there, smart kid) .. by the end of the year he will still be the 4th best freshman in this class... He will get his ass owned when we play real teams while the others will step up and get better..

next time you want to pat yourself on the back, wait a little longer. we have literally played 2 community college teams for the blind. did you see us get lit up by the ginger from Cardinal State University College Stritch?

you are not very attuned to sarcasm, are you?

(o wait, if not attuned to it, then you cannot answer that one, can you?)

how many are busting me, Skip? as I said, "some of the geniuses." and you must know who those are, right?

actually husakattack, you do have one thing right: my basic analysis so far is this: yes, it's definitely going to be a pretty long year, certainly until when (and if) Mitchell comes back.

actually, when you said geniuses, I just assumed you meant me. :) and I didn't bust you.

If someone called you out as wrong, don't just call out the "genuises" call them out. There are quite a few long time posters who have a pretty good handle on what they are talking about, so seriously, who knows who you meant. I don't.

Wow? How many people were busting your balls?

You forgot Na, na, na,na,na

My recollection of Dr. B's initial opinion of what a diamond in the rough we have in DE was met with derision by many who replied to it. I, for one, think he has a tremendous upside. I'm old enough to remember when Douglas was the most heralded recruit in a generation, and, quietly, Gray became the gem of that class. When I watched Sat. night, that was the thought running through my mind.

Agreed, jimbo. While I feel DocB should be called out for his self-righteous comments, I think Roar went over the line with his comments about Evans. Really, what are you looking to accomplish with comments like that, Roar?

do you want me to sugar coat it for you next time? He is a freshman. Yes, he could be good in a few years with more experience/muscle. Not now. The A-10 is too deep and experienced this year for him to have an impact on a GOOD team..sorry you think being realistic is not being a good fan, but if DE is one of our best players this year, we will be looking at a pretty poopy year...

are you challenging my fanhood?

Did you really take offense to the comments about DE? What type of fantasy land do you live in? This is the real world brah. If you want high fives and way do great stickers then become a duke fan. I mean seriously. this is no attack on a player? its a friggin message board post hombre. Its also time you become a realist.

Maybe after your fall-on-your-face miserable attempt at online sarcasm you will realize it doesnt translate well when reading text. Maybe all your hours and years on the computer should have taught you that one DocB.

While ROAR's comments may be direct, he is right. Without Willie and Kwamain this is no longer a fantasy world. Who gets the ball with the game on the line? Who guards their #1? We are in one of the best conference's in the nation. Neither of our Jr players are playmakers or scorers. The team is practically Soph and Frosh. Majerus himself always says you cant win with frosh. It will be a long year against a deep and experienced league with this team. While the kids may be talented, none of them can play defense yet. I saw everyone get beat at least once in these first 2 games which is pitiful for that level of competition.

Maybe this team could use an A10 rookie of the year, maybe someone like TL3...

do you want me to sugar coat it for you next time? He is a freshman. Yes, he could be good in a few years with more experience/muscle. Not now. The A-10 is too deep and experienced this year for him to have an impact on a GOOD team..sorry you think being realistic is not being a good fan, but if DE is one of our best players this year, we will be looking at a pretty poopy year...

are you challenging my fanhood?

Did you really take offense to the comments about DE? What type of fantasy land do you live in? This is the real world brah. If you want high fives and way do great stickers then become a duke fan. I mean seriously. this is no attack on a player? its a friggin message board post hombre. Its also time you become a realist.

Thanks, brah. Nowhere did I ever say that I think DE is going to be one of the best players on our team this year. But tempering expectations and saying he will get his ass handed to him this year are two very different things. Personally, I see no reason to rip into a freshman just so you can prove how much you live in the real world. Especially when said freshman has done nothing to warrant it except to show some true promise early on. There are ways to get your point across without making flammatory comments.

Meanwhile, I will just go back to my fantasy land, hombre, where Billiken fans actually support their players and hope that they do well.