Moser drops out of GW coaching search

Guest BillikenReport

Guest BillikenReport

Just talked to Porter Moser.

He said he took his name out of the running for the Green Bay head coaching position this morning.

I'll post more on this in a few minutes.

Just talked to Porter Moser.

He said he took his name out of the running for the Green Bay head coaching position this morning.

I'll post more on this in a few minutes.

more accurately... he took his hand out of the shitter because he only lost $130k down there.

Guest BillikenReport

This is what Moser told me about his decision:

“I really looked at the situation there,” Moser said. “They have a great situation there. … But it was just too hard for me at this time. I really spent a lot of time deliberating. I feel like I’m too vested here. My wife and I love St. Louis. I love coaching these guys. There are no guarantees that I’ll get the job at Saint Louis (after Rick Majerus moves on). I just have to keep doing what I’m doing, recruiting and trying to move this forward. … I think it’s really going to take off and I want to be a part of that.”

Nate. Thanks for the update on PM.

Anyone know how much PM is making at SLU? I would think similar money to the $133,000 GB had been paying its head coach.

As far a coaching opportunities, I find it interesting that if Wisc-GB is such a good job that its head coach of the past 8 years (winning record), decide to leave the Horizon Conf for Toledo of the MAC which won only 4 games this past year while losing 28 games. Last year, Wisc-GB was ranked 139 (KenPom RPI) while Toledo was ranked 323 (KenPom RPI). The Horizon, of course, gets a team like Butler to play each year while the MAC does not. Also, the Horizon, as a conference, is ranked 12th while the MAC is ranked 16th. I would presume that even w/o Butler, the Horizon would be similar, possibly better, than the MAC.

My point: success at Wisch GB apparently results in a lateral move 8 years later. ;) PM, smart move to stay where you are.

Nate. Thanks for the update on PM.

Anyone know how much PM is making at SLU? I would think similar money to the $133,000 GB had been paying its head coach.

As far a coaching opportunities, I find it interesting that if Wisc-GB is such a good job that its head coach of the past 8 years (winning record), decide to leave the Horizon Conf for Toledo of the MAC which won only 4 games this past year while losing 28 games. Last year, Wisc-GB was ranked 139 (KenPom RPI) while Toledo was ranked 323 (KenPom RPI). The Horizon, of course, gets a team like Butler to play each year while the MAC does not. Also, the Horizon, as a conference, is ranked 12th while the MAC is ranked 16th. I would presume that even w/o Butler, the Horizon would be similar, possibly better, than the MAC.

My point: success at Wisch GB apparently results in a lateral move 8 years later. ;) PM, smart move to stay where you are.

I bet he's making more than $133,000. Wasn't that one of Majerus's conditions in taking this job, he wanted a promise they would pay the assisants enough to hire good ones. That and charter flights......maybe PM should reconsider......

I bet he's making more than $133,000. Wasn't that one of Majerus's conditions in taking this job, he wanted a promise they would pay the assisants enough to hire good ones. That and charter flights......maybe PM should reconsider......

Doesnt "The Dude" have a 30 passenger private jet that he rarely uses unless he goes to his townhome in the Galapagos Islands? Can you please speak with him about flying the team to the East Coast for our games. Thanks.

Whew... sigh of relief. What was bothersome about this was the effect on the team chemistry. Not a good time to be upsetting the apple cart. PM must feel good things are just around the corner to pull his name.

Porter knows that those ******* from Wisconsin can't drink. He drinks Majerus under the table I'm sure. Only dude he can't toe to toe w/ is Rammer and Rammer drinks motor oil at weddings. Why go be a big fish in a little pond when he can cement his legacy at the bar and on the bench, right here in SAINT LOUIS!?!?

Doesnt "The Dude" have a 30 passenger private jet that he rarely uses unless he goes to his townhome in the Galapagos Islands? Can you please speak with him about flying the team to the East Coast for our games. Thanks.

The stewardess to passenger ratio is always at leats 2 to 1 on that jet. He wouldn't be able to maintain that ratio with all the players and coaches. You wouldn't want "The Dude" to lower his standards, would you?

The stewardess to passenger ratio is always at leats 2 to 1 on that jet. He wouldn't be able to maintain that ratio with all the players and coaches. You wouldn't want "The Dude" to lower his standards, would you?

Good point...I would never ask 'The Dude' to lower his standards. Hell, I'm just thankful that he allows me the opportunity to buy beer for him at the games. What an honor. We will wait till his 757 is constructed and then we will talk about flying the team out. Thanks KM. Remember...rain coats next year.

UWGB named Brian Wardle, a guy who battled SLU 8 times at Marquette as the youngest coach in NCAA Div. 1. Let's hope he does not show his players any film of him guarding Larry Hughes when he lit him up for 40 points.

Wardle was one of those kids who seemed to have like 8 years of eligibility. I remember his last year a lot of us were saying, "he's still playing?"