Will Clyburn

Says we are in his remaining top 4. Says he wants to red-shirt this coming season to add weight and such. Kind of interesting. Also says he has a great relationship with our players and coaches. However, his best friend is headed to Iowa State and the way he spoke about them leads me to believe he's heading there.

Clyburn Update From Iowa State's Scout.com

Other ISU Article on Clyburn

Says we are in his remaining top 4. Says he wants to red-shirt this coming season to add weight and such. Kind of interesting. Also says he has a great relationship with our players and coaches. However, his best friend is headed to Iowa State and the way he spoke about them leads me to believe he's heading there.

Clyburn Update From Iowa State's Scout.com

Other ISU Article on Clyburn

It's over now. We got Loe. Unless someone else leaves (doubtful), we can't get him.

Normally, I might agree with you but this is a different era. As much as I DON'T want anyone to leave, the "transfer season" is still in full bloom. I have heard things, from a source that I will call more wild-eyed and over-reactive. So I am hoping that is the usual case. But one never knows.

As to the idea of anyone coming in and redshirting, well, I don't like that. That would mean a subtraction from the roster with no addition. If someone came in now, it would seem that a current skinny front line player would be the most obvious for redshrting.

It's over now. We got Loe. Unless someone else leaves (doubtful), we can't get him.

There are other ways to get a kid in - especially one who wants to red shirt. You can accept him and he can get grants and other help from SLU - John Redden attended this way.

There are other ways to get a kid in - especially one who wants to red shirt. You can accept him and he can get grants and other help from SLU - John Redden attended this way.

One other way some of the big BCS schools bring football players when the roster is full is on a track scholarship. It happened with a local HS player down here.

I am sure done with basketball.

Guest BillikenReport

Can we please stop with the creative ways to add scholarship-worthy players to the basketball team?

Please?

The Billikens aren't going to be giving away band scholarships or cheerleading scholarships or street hockey scholarships to try to get more quality basketball players on campus.

Any idea that you guys can come up with has more than likely already been addressed by the NCAA and now has rules that prevent that kind of activity. This is not exactly new territory. Big-time athletic programs have tried for years to find ways to get around scholarship restrictions in certain sports.

If SLU is going to add any more scholarship basketball players, it will be because someone leaves the program.

Thanks Nate. A lot of newbies may not understand that while we are virgins in this territory, other, more creative veterans\ streetwalkers have walked this walk long before us.

I also liked your Moser article. Some might use the word "sustainability" but idf they do, kshoe might yell at them.

Thanks Nate. A lot of newbies may not understand that while we are virgins in this territory, other, more creative veterans\ streetwalkers have walked this walk long before us.

I also liked your Moser article. Some might use the word "sustainability" but idf they do, kshoe might yell at them.

Not sure why I'd yell at anyone, unless they plan on posting another "sky is falling post" because our AD interviewed at a football school (an obvious step up). I'd love to keep Porter here but as long as he doesn't take the Chicago recruits with him, I'm sure we'll survive.

By the way, the "creative ways to get around scholarships" naive discussions on message boards is not unique to SLU. A week or so ago I was reading the Tigerboard and there was a long thread about how they could get around the fact they currently have 13 scholarships locked up but are still recruiting 1 or 2 more players.

Can we please stop with the creative ways to add scholarship-worthy players to the basketball team?

Please?

The Billikens aren't going to be giving away band scholarships or cheerleading scholarships or street hockey scholarships to try to get more quality basketball players on campus.

Any idea that you guys can come up with has more than likely already been addressed by the NCAA and now has rules that prevent that kind of activity. This is not exactly new territory. Big-time athletic programs have tried for years to find ways to get around scholarship restrictions in certain sports.

If SLU is going to add any more scholarship basketball players, it will be because someone leaves the program.

Not even a scholarship if they won Nebraska Corn King crown at the Omaha Thanksgiving festivities?