BCS Goes Down Hard on Round 1 Afternoon

Old Dominion 51 Notre Dame 50 (although that one literally killed my brackets, as I had ND making

a run to the Final 4 in what appears to be the ultra weak South. As my Domer friend said, "Only a knucklehead would pick Notre Dame!" LOL!)

Murray State 66 Vanderbilt 65 on a last second buzzer beater in San Jose.

And in the diabolical non-BCS v. non-BCS elimination game:

St. Mary's 80 Richmond 71.

I mean you've just got to love it. Murray State (from Western Kentucky) and Vanderbilt (from Nashville) have to travel 2,000 miles to play each other. The Murray State players all fell on the Shark Tank basketball court in jubilation, even a young team manager or asst. coach joining the scrum, with that scrum being reminiscent of the Billikens in Baltimore in 1995.

Old Dominion 51 Notre Dame 50 (although that one literally killed my brackets, as I had ND making

a run to the Final 4 in what appears to be the ultra weak South. As my Domer friend said, "Only a knucklehead would pick Notre Dame!" LOL!)

Murray State 66 Vanderbilt 65 on a last second buzzer beater in San Jose.

And in the diabolical non-BCS v. non-BCS elimination game:

St. Mary's 80 Richmond 71.

I mean you've just got to love it. Murray State (from Western Kentucky) and Vanderbilt (from Nashville) have to travel 2,000 miles to play each other. The Murray State players all fell on the Shark Tank basketball court in jubilation, even a young team manager or asst. coach joining the scrum, with that scrum being reminiscent of the Billikens in Baltimore in 1995.

I do love it! I love watching G-town fall to the 9th best team from the MAC. Its amazing what happens when some of the "power" teams have to leave home and use neutral refs. This is what makes the NCAA tourney great.

Yea...so...the Pac-10 is brutal this year, so they can be on our side..

The Pac-10 has been ripped to shreds by the pundits. I mean we were talking today- who is Seth Davis? At one point this guy said the loser of Cal-UW wasn't going to be in the NCAA Tournament. Cal may not beat Louisville tomorrow night, mostly because of the Jacksonville, FL venue IMO, but Cal has had a fantastic season.

Washington is a good team, certainly an NCAA Tournament team, and Lorenzo is a good coach and a good guy.

The Pac-10 has been ripped to shreds by the pundits. I mean we were talking today- who is Seth Davis? This guy said Cal, the Pac-10 regular season champ wasn't going to be in the NCAA Tournament. Cal may not beat Louisville tomorrow night, mostly because of the Jacksonville, FL venue IMO, but Cal has had a fantastic season.

Washington is a good team, certainly an NCAA Tournament team, and Lorenzo is a good coach and a good guy.

They were ripped to shreds (rightly so) because they didn't play anybody (in Cal's case, they didn't beat anybody)...they both have the potential to play really really well...

IMO that's exactly what is making the Mountain West so volatile this year...if you look at the 4 MW teams that made the tourney, most of their quality wins were against each other, which can be very deceptive. Either they are all pretty damn good, or they are all inflated...

They were ripped to shreds (rightly so) because they didn't play anybody (in Cal's case, they didn't beat anybody)...they both have the potential to play really really well...

IMO that's exactly what is making the Mountain West so volatile this year...if you look at the 4 MW teams that made the tourney, most of their quality wins were against each other, which can be very deceptive. Either they are all pretty damn good, or they are all inflated...

Cal played and lost at MSG to Syracuse and Ohio State, without one of its best players in Theo Robertson, who was injured. Not saying it would have mattered in the outcomes, but Robertson is a great 3 point shooter and certainly would have helped against Syracuse's zone.

Cal played a decent game in losing at Kansas. Cal was in that game for awhile.

I've criticized Cal for its non-conference schedule in the past (which often resembled a certain other state school), but Cal did leave Berkeley and play some good teams this season under Coach Mike Montgomery, a very good and respected veteran coach.

I doubt Cal wins against Louisville, but I also had Notre Dame making a run to the Final 4 ...

Speaking of which, the season has ended for Notre Dame, Georgetown, and Marquette, but our Billikens are still playing.

Re the Mountain West, although I'm out here, I don't know a whole lot about those teams.

Loving the BCS boys getting crushed.

Someone tell me again that garbage like Virginia Tech needs to be in there, and conference tournament winners like Ohio do not.

The BCS conferences are OVERRATED. 13 out of 16 big east teams in the NCAA and NIT, what a joke!

Games like St Mary's vs Richmond and Temple vs Cornell just enrage me, make Mizzou play these teams!

P.S. Tied for first on the Billikens.com bracket challenge, just had to point out my probably short-lived, glorious success.

or a Big East or ACC or SEC team. Tired of seeing the 2 mid-majors being matched up in the first round when it's not necessary.

Seth Davis said that essentially that the committee was doing mid-majors a favor by matching them up against each other, since it assured that a mid-major would at least make it to the second round.

Seth Davis said that essentially that the committee was doing mid-majors a favor by matching them up against each other, since it assured that a mid-major would at least make it to the second round.

I know you're just repeating what Davis said. The flip side is that it guarantees a first round loss for a mid-major, which seems to be emphasized more by the BCS nut-huggers.

Kind of disgusting watching the calls that Kansas is getting as compared to Lehigh.

Sounded like Bobby Mo was getting jobbed by the refs against Villanova, too. Shocking.

Big time. I thought maybe I was the only one complaining, as a natural fan of the little guys. But when I heard them ripping into this game's officials on ESPN, I felt like my complaints were valid. This is the only game yesterday where I felt the officiating could very well have changed the outcome. RMU got hosed.

Sounded like Bobby Mo was getting jobbed by the refs against Villanova, too. Shocking.

I was listening to 101 at about 6:30........... Gottlieb, Greenburg, and Katz all seemed to agree that Bobby Mo got screwed on some calls. It really did appear Reynolds was going to the line no matter what happened when he drove to the hope.

Big time. I thought maybe I was the only one complaining, as a natural fan of the little guys. But when I heard them ripping into this game's officials on ESPN, I felt like my complaints were valid. This is the only game yesterday where I felt the officiating could very well have changed the outcome. RMU got hosed.

It looked like the eyes of the Robert Morris coach were about to pop out of his head over some of those calls.