2010 NIT Selection Show

sluhomer

With the Illini getting the NCAA snub, rightfully so in my very unimportant opinion, could a SLU vs. Illini NIT 1st round match up be possible?

I guess not, simply because the NIT seeds their teams, and Illinois will probably be a 1 or 2 seed, which would put them against a 7 or 8 seed. The 7-8 seeds appear to likely be teams from lower conferences that won the regular season but lost in the conference tournament. My guess is if we get in, we get a 4-6 seed.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess not, simply because the NIT seeds their teams, and Illinois will probably be a 1 or 2 seed, which would put them against a 7 or 8 seed. The 7-8 seeds appear to likely be teams from lower conferences that won the regular season but lost in the conference tournament. My guess is if we get in, we get a 4-6 seed.

Maybe SLU v. Illinois St.?

Yeah but we might be in the same bracket and meet each other if both advance.

Maybe SLU v. Illinois St.?

Maybe. I'm going by the Friday morning projection at NIT-ology.com, and they had us as a 4 and ISU as a 6. That would put us hosting a 5 seed and ISU going on the road to a 3. Keep in mind this projection was made prior to our debacle against URI, so I'd put us more likely as a 5 or 6.

After reading some of the NITology crap on the web, I thought I would take a shot.

Teams that won conference regular season, lost the post-season tourney(9).

Stoney Brook

Lipscomb

Costal Carolina

Weber St

Pacific

Kent St

Quinnipiac

Jackson St

Troy

At Large NIT teams

Big-East(4): Seton Hall, South Florida, Cincinnati, Big East#4

ACC(2): Virginia Tech, ACC#2

Big Ten(2): Illinois, Big Ten#2

SEC(3): Miss St, Mississippi, SEC#3

PAC10(1): Arizona

Atlantic10(2): St. Louis, Rhode Island

ConfUSA(2): Memphis, UAB

Additional teams(5): Nevada, Portland, Colonial#1, Horizon#1, Missouri Valley #1

That makes a total of 30 of the 32 teams. The 2 additional allows for more teams from either the ACC or Big Ten. But I believe SLU should be in comfortably. This is my first shot, so feedback is appreciated.

Bracketproject.com has updated since the big tourney bracket was released, and the Bills are getting the last bid of the 25 available. That's cutting it very close. That site is as good or better than Nitology.com.

If SLU gets in, we are going to play @ Memphis. Illinois, Cincinnati or Wichita St.

Bracketproject has us a 7 seed against Ole Miss.

i thought they tried to keep it regional...and i was just doing some predicting with my picks

The NIT since '06 is not the same as the one from '05 on back.

They seed from 1-32, then have 4 brackets of 8. The bottom seven of the 32 are the low majors who won their regular season but lost in the conference tourneys. Kent State also lost their conference tourney but bracketproject has them a four seed. Their might be a regional nature to the 4 brackets, but they are supposed to be seeded on the "S" curve from 1-32.

Dayton a 3....in Illinois' bracket....uh-oh....i dont think that bodes well for SLU

Not a good sign IF there's a regional nature to the brackets.