Nitology

BLIKNS

Seen the new updated NIT bracket by nitology,and has the Bills a 5th seed!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking SLU v Illinois @ Scottrade

Although if we did play Illinois @ Illinois that would make the chance of me going that much more likely. Would save me the other 2 hours of driving to St. Louis

if we are the higher seed... wouldnt we play at chaifetz? obviously scottrade had a bigger capacity, but i think we would feel more at our home court...? is it not up to us if that is the situation?

Personally, I'd much rather see us play at the $100m arena we just built. I don't really care about the # of tickets we sell for this one game. I'd rather continue to usher in this new era in Billiken Basketball on our home court where it started.

Personally, I'd much rather see us play at the $100m arena we just built. I don't really care about the # of tickets we sell for this one game. I'd rather continue to usher in this new era in Billiken Basketball on our home court where it started.

SLU has said before that if they have a game where they know they'll have a huge crowd (Mizzou, Illinois, Duke etc) they would consider going back to Scottrade for it.

You might not care how many tickets are sold...... but when you are talking an extra 10,000 capacity, you can believe the athletic department does.

SLU has said before that if they have a game where they know they'll have a huge crowd (Mizzou, Illinois, Duke etc) they would consider going back to Scottrade for it.

You might not care how many tickets are sold...... but when you are talking an extra 10,000 capacity, you can believe the athletic department does.

If I'm not mistaken, weren't they referencing that for a regular season game?

FWIW... NIT first round games are March 16 and 17

2nd round games are March 18, 19, 20 and 22

Quarter finals are March 23 and 24

Semifinals at the Garden are March 30 and Championship game are April 1

Scottrade would only be open March 17, 18, 22, 23 and 24 (based on their online schedule)

This team continues to pleasantly surprise me... who knows??

If I'm not mistaken, weren't they referencing that for a regular season game?

FWIW... NIT first round games are March 16 and 17

2nd round games are March 18, 19, 20 and 22

Quarter finals are March 23 and 24

Semifinals at the Garden are March 30 and Championship game are April 1

Scottrade would only be open March 17, 18, 22, 23 and 24 (based on their online schedule)

This team continues to pleasantly surprise me... who knows??

Hard to say, I've always been under the impression that the NIT sets locations, matchups etc more on projected attendance than anything else. It was just a thought.

Hard to say, I've always been under the impression that the NIT sets locations, matchups etc more on projected attendance than anything else. It was just a thought.

I think that's the way the NIT used to be, but I think they run it differently now. Check out the NIT Principles and Procedures for Establishing the Bracket.

That's a lot to read, but I don't think attendance and preferences come into play as much as before.

I'm sure they would, and if not then they are pretty poor from a business perspective.

80 million

Once again - we don't get the money from tix sale for the NIT games - it goes to the NIT. Now if we had a regular season game - maybe but I am not sure even about that.

SLU will play at Scottrade if the NIT tells them that is where they want the game to be played. SLU doesn't get to dictate the terms to the NIT.

While I agree with this, I wonder, then, why would SLU go to the effort of selling the season ticket holders their seats for three rounds of the NIT if it wasn't going to be held at Chaifetz.

While I agree with this, I wonder, then, why would SLU go to the effort of selling the season ticket holders their seats for three rounds of the NIT if it wasn't going to be held at Chaifetz.

Because they are covering all their bases. We don't know if we will even be in the NIT (I think we will) much less host a game.

Because they are covering all their bases. We don't know if we will even be in the NIT (I think we will) much less host a game.

No, I know that. But the SLU ticket office would probably be selling tickets to the Scottrade and not Chaifetz if they expected it to be there, correct?

This is my line of thinking as well.

Personally, it would be a huge mistake to move these games (if they were to happen).

If someone has "their seats" all year and you ask them if they want those same seats for the post season and then move them, there are bound to be people unhappy with the "new seats".

It wouldn't be unexpected for those negatively effected to then not renew their season tickets.

Why would SLU risk this?

And, sadly, this day in age, SLU would probably get a suit filed against them.

They don't need the bad press.

So given the above, I can't see SLU agree to a change.

Likewise, SLU would never have the "home court advantage" at Scott that they have at The 'fetz.

Why would they give that up?

If the opponent were Illinois, SLU fans would probably be the minority if the game were played at Scott.

No, I know that. But the SLU ticket office would probably be selling tickets to the Scottrade and not Chaifetz if they expected it to be there, correct?

correct. But that doesn't mean there is not a possibility it could be at scottrade. They don't know where the NIT would want it to be.

They are just selling the tics. It can be anywhere. If a game was moved to the Scottrade (a very low probability given that even a premium matchup against Illinois won't put 20,000 people in the seats for an NIT game) they can fairly easily switch your seats to an equivalent location to what you have at Chaifetz. They did it before when they hosted games at St. Charles arena for the NIT and regular season.

This is my line of thinking as well.

Personally, it would be a huge mistake to move these games (if they were to happen).

If someone has "their seats" all year and you ask them if they want those same seats for the post season and then move them, there are bound to be people unhappy with the "new seats".

It wouldn't be unexpected for those negatively effected to then not renew their season tickets.

Why would SLU risk this?

And, sadly, this day in age, SLU would probably get a suit filed against them.

They don't need the bad press.

So given the above, I can't see SLU agree to a change.

Likewise, SLU would never have the "home court advantage" at Scott that they have at The 'fetz.

Why would they give that up?

If the opponent were Illinois, SLU fans would probably be the minority if the game were played at Scott.

Illinois fans are great and all but they expect NCAA tourney births. No way could they sell 10k+ tics to a first round NIT game in St. Louis.

Do you seriously think SLU would get a lawsuit filed against them because somebody spent $20 on a ticket and it wasn't exactly in the same spot it was at the Chaifetz? Come on now.