OT: McLemore also on front page of scouthoops.com

There are several reasons that he and most if not all of the other Wellston students cannot attend Normandy and they have nothing to do with basketball. I can discuss them with you off the board if you really want to know Nate, but yes he'd be better off not playing next year at CBC and just going to school than going to Normandy.

from an academic viewpoint (which is what really this should be about first and foremost) that is very commendable that you say that. i am impressed.

now if it turns into a recruiting job to get the kid on the basketball team and cbc people figure out how to "keep him eligible" by means not book related, that would be bad.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BillikenReport

There are several reasons that he and most if not all of the other Wellston students cannot attend Normandy and they have nothing to do with basketball. I can discuss them with you off the board if you really want to know Nate, but yes he'd be better off not playing next year at CBC and just going to school than going to Normandy.

And what I have said is that those kids are supposed to go to Normandy.

The Normandy school officials will have to sign off on the paperwork if those kids try to transfer somewhere else.

Guest BillikenReport

And before this thread gets too far out of control, it should be noted that the original STLHoopsInsider aka VTime has been talking up Ben McLemore for several years now as being a prospect to watch. He encouraged me to watch the kid several times and I did based on V's suggestions.

McLemore is very talented and he's blowing up now thanks to Scout.com's Eric Bossi going to see him last week. If he can get his academic situation in order, McLemore will be able to go to just about any school he wants to.

No, that's not the case. All of the Wellston kids are supposed to go to Normandy.

It's not like they all become free agents and can go wherever they want, despite what some people around McLemore apparently think.

Like I wrote earlier, if McLemore moves into another school district he could be eligible at a different public school. But kids can't just transfer from public schools to private schools and be eligible. That's why there is a 365-day rule that makes those kind of transfers ineligible to compete in sports for one year after transferring.

There was a female player who transferred from Metro to Parkway South or some Parkway school and she played without sitting out.

There was a female player who transferred from Metro to Parkway South or some Parkway school and she played without sitting out.

Parkway South is a public school. Nate was saying that you cannot transfer from a public school (Wellston) to a private school (CBC) without having to sit out for a year.

this is correct. happened with justin tatum back in the days. he transferred from riverview to CBC after freshman or soph year. he was not allowed to play varsity for a year but was allowed to play on the jv. their jv team was pretty solid that year with justin and marcus allen, who was larry's cousin and who also transferred from a public school.

Parkway South is a public school. Nate was saying that you cannot transfer from a public school (Wellston) to a private school (CBC) without having to sit out for a year.

I was under the impression that Metro is a private school. Why can someone transfer from a private school to a public school and not vice versa without having to sit?

I was under the impression that Metro is a private school. Why can someone transfer from a private school to a public school and not vice versa without having to sit?

Perhaps it's because it was the public school district he lived in. As long as you live in the district, you aren't penalized for transferring.

In Illinois the reasoning, so I was told, behind a private school population multiplier was that private schools could "recruit" athletes to come to their school rather than the public school, while the publics schools were stuck with whoever lived there. In many cases the multiplier bumps private schools into higher classes against schools they struggle to compete with based on sheer numbers. Not to mention that the dorky, skinny kids they "recruit" are already bad at sports.

I'm sure the reasoning is similar, a potential athlete can't really be recruited to play for Kirkwood if he lives in Euereka. But he could still live in Eureka and go to SLUH.

No, that's all public schools. Someone that lives in the Eureka school district can't go to school in Kirkwood, just like someone in the U. City district can't go to Clayton.

I think you're mistaken about that. Remember the Rams assistant coach's son who played at Clayton, I think? He didn't live in the district but was allowed to attend and play at Clayton, after serving a penalty.

I think you're mistaken about that. Remember the Rams assistant coach's son who played at Clayton, I think? He didn't live in the district but was allowed to attend and play at Clayton, after serving a penalty.

Is anyone remotely intereseted in the fact that we're playing X tonite and this McElmore kid is not on the team? Jeez, V time our biggest game in at least 14 years and you're going OT on some kid who's gonna end up with Calipari at KY?

Is anyone remotely intereseted in the fact that we're playing X tonite and this McElmore kid is not on the team? Jeez, V time our biggest game in at least 14 years and you're going OT on some kid who's gonna end up with Calipari at KY?

V-time doesn't post anymore. StlHoopsInsider is not V-time anymore — not since Justin Mosley became an assistant coach at Harris-Stowe. But Justin's brother runs STLHoopsInsider now and the operation still exists.

And posting on this topic might help some of us from being overwhelmed by the anticipation of tonight's game. I don't know that I agree that it's the biggest game in 14 years, either. In fact, I flat disagree. Maybe there's as much excitement for it as any other game, but it's not the biggest. And there will be bigger games than this before THIS season is over.

I personally disagree with this. First of all, most of the the other posts going on right now (and the majority of billikens.com posts) have nothing to do with basketball, yet you call out one of the few posts that do.

Secondly, I dont know if this is the biggest game in 14 years, it is a very big game, but that statement is a little too drastic in my opinion.

Also, this is much more pertinent to the billikens than john stamos is or some of the other goofy stuff and STLHI still put OT on. If anything, my complaint is that he didn't just post it as a non-ot thread.

If Nate had posted this, people would have absolutely no problem. Because, certain people choose to view V-Time (and by extension STLHI) with biased lenses they ignore one of the better sources for local high school basketball information that we have.

If Nate had posted this, people would have absolutely no problem. Because, certain people choose to view V-Time (and by extension STLHI) with biased lenses they ignore one of the better sources for local high school basketball information that we have.

I have no problem with V or ST Hoops insider posting on here about SLU recruits from the area, but why a post on here about a kid who's likely not considering coming to SLU. Forget entirely my conflict with X game comments, and ask why is a poster taking up valuable server space about a Mizzery Kansas Kentucky recruit? If Nate posts about a recruit on here, which he seldom does and for good reason since he's trying to make a living off that info, it usually means we're in on the kid someway or somehow. Furthermore, I really don't think most of us give a hoot about the local HS basketball scene unless it deals with a kid we're going after, read Femi John. But if you are interested, just log onto ST. Louis Hoops Insider, which really has very little to do with SLU basketball. This is a board about SLU hoops, if you want to know who the BCS schools are after from the ST. Louis area, I'd suggest you sign on at their respective sites with Rivals or Scout.