Now Mizzery checks in on RM

slu72

The Columbia article intimates that RM is looking for a way out and then concludes maybe SLU ought to accomodate him. Jeez, gimme a break. Could it be the folks in Columbia think SLU might in short order rival powerful Mizzery as the dominant D1 program in the show me state? I also listened to the RM interview with Clairborne, and while he wasn't contrite about his comment after the St. J's game, it sounded to me like someone made a phone call and said, Hey, let's knock off the conference thing for awhile, ok? I mean if he was really looking to tick people off Clairborne offered him the chance and he shyed away from it.

The Columbia article intimates that RM is looking for a way out and then concludes maybe SLU ought to accomodate him. Jeez, gimme a break. Could it be the folks in Columbia think SLU might in short order rival powerful Mizzery as the dominant D1 program in the show me state? I also listened to the RM interview with Clairborne, and while he wasn't contrite about his comment after the St. J's game, it sounded to me like someone made a phone call and said, Hey, let's knock off the conference thing for awhile, ok? I mean if he was really looking to tick people off Clairborne offered him the chance and he shyed away from it.

This is more media driven rubbish designed to suppress the SLU program, and in this case, given that it is coming from Columbia, the bent is patently obvious.

Cut and paste a quote here with one there, and presto, the threat to the East is gone.

This is more media driven rubbish designed to suppress the SLU program, and in this case, given that it is coming from Columbia, the bent is patently obvious.

Cut and paste a quote here with one there, and presto, the threat to the East is gone.

YOu're not paranoid EVERYBODY is out to get SLU :lol:

Haha

you don't post for 9 day...and then you post twice in the same day about Mizzou related topics.

Coincidence?

Nothing to hide here. Fan of both programs. I just think the paranoid Bills fan gives the program a bad name. It's akin to those creepy Cardinal fans that gave LaRussa a standing ovation at the spring training game after his DUI arrest. These people think their teams can do no wrong and the media is always slanted.

Mizzou and its fans and the people of Columbia don't care about our program.

Bingo.

i agree.

that said, our coach gave them the opportunity to make that "bent". that is why the likes of me and alumni fan are saying stop it. at least the university needs to make a statement.

i agree.

that said, our coach gave them the opportunity to make that "bent". that is why the likes of me and alumni fan are saying stop it. at least the university needs to make a statement.

Come on, you don't honestly believe that there are forces in Columbia conspiring to keep the SLU program down, do you?

Majerus is a weirdo. Writers are always looking for something juicy to write about. Majerus' recent antics are fairly juicy, and that, combined with the proximity of St. Louis to Columbia, makes it semi-relevant and worth including in the Columbia Tribune's blog. That's really all there is to it. We don't register on Mizzou's radar screen, much less do anything that would cause them to want to keep us down.

Come on, you don't honestly believe that there are forces in Columbia conspiring to keep the SLU program down, do you?

Majerus is a weirdo. Writers are always looking for something juicy to write about. Majerus' recent antics are fairly juicy, and that, combined with the proximity of St. Louis to Columbia, makes it semi-relevant and worth including in the Columbia Tribune's blog. That's really all there is to it. We don't register on Mizzou's radar screen, much less do anything that would cause them to want to keep us down.

Maybe, Box, but that's only because we've never been a real threat. A lot of W's, which seem to be on the way if RM stays, might just show us appearing on the outer circle of their doppler.

Maybe, Box, but that's only because we've never been a real threat. A lot of W's, which seem to be on the way if RM stays, might just show us appearing on the outer circle of their doppler.

When the programs are actually in competition for the same recruit I'm sure both will take notice. Until then, it's a pretty moot point. I can't think of anyone in the 2011 class that they're both targeting.

Even if we do start winning - and I think we will - we still won't pose much of a threat to Mizzou, in terms of either media attention or recruiting. Mizzou has a much larger fan base, meaning it will always get more attention, and we won't compete for recruits. Anderson and Majerus need totally different types of players in order to run their respective systems.

When the programs are actually in competition for the same recruit I'm sure both will take notice. Until then, it's a pretty moot point. I can't think of anyone in the 2011 class that they're both targeting.

I think it will be rare to see any overlap in recruiting between the two programs.

The funny thing is that when Snyder was dumped, the first name that their MU "Insider" (more like cheerleader) who appears on the radio mentioned that they should go after first was Majerus. You're right, the conjecture that RM is trying to leave is more like wishful thinking than any inside scoop.

The funny thing is that when Snyder was dumped, the first name that their MU "Insider" (more like cheerleader) who appears on the radio mentioned that they should go after first was Majerus. You're right, the conjecture that RM is trying to leave is more like wishful thinking than any inside scoop.

You read the Columbia Tribune? That's weird.