Pattern developing?

slu72 fan

Not trying to tick anyone off, but it seems like every Christmas break the team throws off a stinker. Two years ago, the GW fiasco, last year X lays a 26 point loss on us (we only score 44 points), and this year's 50 points and loss to BGSU. I know that RM can practice as much as he wants with school out.

Is he killing off the players' legs? We certainly have had shooting problems for several games, but WR and BC gave us fairly consistent performance. Sure, a zone had something to do with their issues, but I just wonder if the team was practiced too much.

Not trying to tick anyone off, but it seems like every Christmas break the team throws off a stinker. Two years ago, the GW fiasco, last year X lays a 26 point loss on us (we only score 44 points), and this year's 50 points and loss to BGSU. I know that RM can practice as much as he wants with school out.

Is he killing off the players' legs? We certainly have had shooting problems for several games, but WR and BC gave us fairly consistent performance. Sure, a zone had something to do with their issues, but I just wonder if the team was practiced too much.

-perhaps

-is there a counter to this that says these are 18-21 year old kids that should be in the best shape of their lives?

-the coaches need to know when enough is enough and balance the practice time with being ready for games

-i agree the pattern you lay out is disturbing

-perhaps

-is there a counter to this that says these are 18-21 year old kids that should be in the best shape of their lives?

-the coaches need to know when enough is enough and balance the practice time with being ready for games

-i agree the pattern you lay out is disturbing

I think you're right, they probably are in the best shape of their lives. I also know, if you lose your legs, you lose your shot. RM admits he'd rather practice than play games. In normal times, between court time, film room work, lifting weights, etc. the load is challenging, add the extra time spent on the court for the holiday, and it makes me wonder.

Another pattern I see in all those games is they are road games and we suck on the road.

Another pattern I see in all those games is they are road games and we suck on the road.

most teams suck on the road. I think we are making too much of it. We were bad on the road under Romar, and Brad. We were bad on the road under Spoon when we didn't have a good team. We're not a good team yet, we're young. Yes, we are bad on the road.

Were they less tired near the end of the game when they made more shots?

I think you're right, they probably are in the best shape of their lives. I also know, if you lose your legs, you lose your shot. RM admits he'd rather practice than play games. In normal times, between court time, film room work, lifting weights, etc. the load is challenging, add the extra time spent on the court for the holiday, and it makes me wonder.

As I said in another post "Christmas is tough on kids."

most teams suck on the road. I think we are making too much of it. We were bad on the road under Romar, and Brad. We were bad on the road under Spoon when we didn't have a good team. We're not a good team yet, we're young. Yes, we are bad on the road.

I am convinced we are worse on the road / better at home than most teams and have been that way for 15 years now. If anyone knows a good site that statistically shows the home/away splits for teams I'd be interested in seeing it.

I am convinced we are worse on the road / better at home than most teams and have been that way for 15 years now. If anyone knows a good site that statistically shows the home/away splits for teams I'd be interested in seeing it.

that's probably due to the atmosphere at home being so loud for the Bills. It's not that they play worse on the road, just that they over acheive at home.

Seriously, I don't think the Bills are different than most mid level teams. This year may be an exception though as we know it takes experience to play better on the road. The Bills don't have any experience.

that's probably due to the atmosphere at home being so loud for the Bills. It's not that they play worse on the road, just that they over acheive at home.

The silence at away games in comparison is deafening and it throws them off their game ;)

Maybe it's Guy's voice they miss?

It is not that we just lose roads games but most of them are over in the first 5 minutes. I think Majerus and the staff need to do a better job at the beginning of these games or make earlier adjustments. I don't understand it, not like we are going into Top 25 type arenas.

I think it's the eggnog factor - contagious since Grawer's teams, which were road warriors...sometimes.

Maybe it's Guy's voice they miss?

It is not that we just lose roads games but most of them are over in the first 5 minutes. I think Majerus and the staff need to do a better job at the beginning of these games or make earlier adjustments. I don't understand it, not like we are going into Top 25 type arenas.

i assume you are talking about just road games. because i think rickma's billikens are actually pretty good to start games at home. a hell of a lot better than some of soderberg's starts to games.