still early but rpi watch

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_atl10_Men.html

i know it is still early, but it is encouraging to see the a-10 having a very balanced and good showing thus far in the non conference season (5th ranked conference right now.)

it is also good to see that the conference overall seems to have improved their strength of schedule. only fordham and george washington have over 200 sos right now.

the numbers will undoubtedly come down some, but it seems to me this is a higher start than the conference has had since slu has been in the a-10.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_atl10_Men.html

i know it is still early, but it is encouraging to see the a-10 having a very balanced and good showing thus far in the non conference season (5th ranked conference right now.)

it is also good to see that the conference overall seems to have improved their strength of schedule. only fordham and george washington have over 200 sos right now.

the numbers will undoubtedly come down some, but it seems to me this is a higher start than the conference has had since slu has been in the a-10.

Roy, normally I would chide you and tell you its way too early to be worried about the RPI, but I too have ben very impressed with the A-10 play this year. For the most part we are winning games that we should win which is the key to building a good RPI.

The Big 10 will most likely end up passing the A-10 by but the Pac-10 is way down this year and I could see the A-10 staying in the 6th slot if we continue to win games between now and the end of December. Once conference play starts it won't move all that much.

the number of a-10 teams in the top 100 is outstanding. what we are missing is the one top individual team (xu in the last few years). but the parity is pretty obvious and i think it shows that the conference overall has embraced tougher scheduling.

Richmond might make some noise this year. 7-0 right now, with wins already over Mizzou and Mississippi State; later this month games against Florida, Wake, VCU, and South Carolina. Nice, balanced group of players. RPI 20 right now, they could contend for the dance for sure...

The Spiders here Jan. 9 could be a big chance for us to help our RPI -- which is 114 right now according to Pomeroy.

Mo State is in the 50s also.

Richmond might make some noise this year. 7-0 right now, with wins already over Mizzou and Mississippi State; later this month games against Florida, Wake, VCU, and South Carolina. Nice, balanced group of players. RPI 20 right now, they could contend for the dance for sure...

The Spiders here Jan. 9 could be a big chance for us to help our RPI -- which is 114 right now according to Pomeroy.

It nice to hear Richmond do well since we play them twice along with RI and Dayton.

So, Missouri will play our A-10 bretheren but refuse to play us? What a crock.

I too am impressed with the RPI of the conference, but am disappointed we don't have that marquee team. I'm not sold on Dayton yet. Unfortunately, given our opponents, I don't even know if it is possible for SLU to get below 100 before the conference starts.

what I'm saying is, Richmond MIGHT be that marquee team this year, before it's all said and done. It would also be good for the conference for another dark horse to emerge that way on the national scene --like GW did a few years back...

if they win a few more games against those BCS teams, believe me, you will see them getting votes for AP and other major polls...

http://www.richmondspiders.com/sports/m-ba...skbl-sched.html

Richmond is 7-1, with a loss to William & Mary.

So, Missouri will play our A-10 bretheren but refuse to play us? What a crock.

It was the championship of the South Padre Island Invitational (organized by the same group who did the Chicago Invitational SLU was in). Missouri beat Old Dominion, and Richmond "upset" Mississippi State, which was the team most Missouri fans thought the Tigers would face in the championship.

So don't think Missouri planned to play Richmond.