Ellis mention during Ga. game

kcbill

Heard the same thing. They definitely made it sound like it was a done deal. As they were getting ready to speak about it more in depth Georgia dunked on us and they got all excited about that. They never expanded on the Ellis topic.

Heard the same thing. They definitely made it sound like it was a done deal. As they were getting ready to speak about it more in depth Georgia dunked on us and they got all excited about that. They never expanded on the Ellis topic.

Yeah, I caught it, but didn't give it much credence. Was just kind of surprised they knew that much about us and the issue.

Did anyone else hear the announcers dicussing Ellis during the broadcast? They made it sound like it was a done deal that he would be with the team next week.

I think he fumbled his words and misspoke. Hope I'm wrong though.

wouldnt you think if it was indeed a done deal that ellis was in slu would be publishing and broadcasting it everywhere they could today?

wouldnt you think if it was indeed a done deal that ellis was in slu would be publishing and broadcasting it everywhere they could today?

If it were a done deal, PM would have said something on the postgame show. I assume he spoke, I was too ticked off, after watching us give the game away, to tune in.

Why would SLU make any kind of statement prior to Friday? Doesn't make sense.

If CE didn't score high enough on his SAT test (10 points short), then it seems like we already know the bad news and that tomorrow it will be announced that he did not get cleared. Facebook info simply got out prior to the official announcement.

Then, again, I am still optomistic in that there may be some "gray area" (NCAA may have some discretion) in this strange situation, that we might be great news tomorrow saying that he will be cleared even though his test scores are 10 points short b/c of this gray area, that this explains why the SLU staff has still seemed hopeful these past few weeks (CE/SLU have know his recent test scores for awhile now) and that last night's comments and the unconfirmed rumor that CE is coming to town December 12th is consistent with all this.

Trying to stay positive.

If CE didn't score high enough on his SAT test (10 points short), then it seems like we already know the bad news and that tomorrow it will be announced that he did not get cleared. Facebook info simply got out prior to the official announcement.

Then, again, I am still optomistic in that there may be some "gray area" (NCAA may have some discretion) in this strange situation, that we might be great news tomorrow saying that he will be cleared even though his test scores are 10 points short b/c of this gray area, that this explains why the SLU staff has still seemed hopeful these past few weeks (CE/SLU have know his recent test scores for awhile now) and that last night's comments and the unconfirmed rumor that CE is coming to town December 12th is consistent with all this.

Trying to stay positive.

Hope you're right. We're do a bit of good luck!

Trying to stay positive.

As I understand it, there are two separate ways he can get cleared: (i) the NCAA accepts the appeal of the initial denial of the English class credit, or (ii) Ellis gets a high enough score on his SAT that the appeal becomes moot. They may have an answer to (i) tomorrow, but that doesn't mean he still cannot obtain eligibility via the test score. This is just my understanding.