Official Season Predictions Thread

SluSignGuy

12-19, subject to change if and when CE shows up. But even then, he might make the difference in only 3 games. So back up prediction 15-16. Think there's just too much to learn for these kids in such a short time. OJT doesn't usually work in D1, even if you have a magician as HC. This is a "wait until next year" year. If only Biondi had convinced Calipari to come to SLU, then we'd be in the final four with 4 freshman making all conference A-10 first teamers and five on the all frosh team. :lol:

But we'd then have to vacate all of our wins when it was discovered that Calipari committed copious rule violations ;)

I have never done this before.

I am going with a final record of 25-10.

NIT appearance

All based on Cody Ellis being elligable to play.

Otherwise no idea.

CS 29 points 7 3's 2 2's 4 free throws.

:blink:;):):lol:

Season record 22-8 A10 Tourney 2-1 NIT 1-1 = 25-10

So after two exhibition games, you still think SLU is going to win 25? You have one very good player in KM, one pretty good player in WR, and a whole lot of question marks, especially with a lack of size and very questionable rebounding and free throw shooting. To me, looking at SLU's schedule that does not add up to 25 wins.

So after two exhibition games, you still think SLU is going to win 25? You have one very good player in KM, one pretty good player in WR, and a whole lot of question marks, especially with a lack of size and very questionable rebounding and free throw shooting. To me, looking at SLU's schedule that does not add up to 25 wins.

No it's not looking too good at this point. No Ellis, maybe no Conklin, lots of work to do, however based on RM's past I still have my fingers crossed for 18 to 20 wins. :blink:

15-16 wins with 9 coming in a rather soft OOC schedule. Losses to Nebraska, Iowa State, NW or ND, Georgia, Bowling Green or Belmont. You might split these last two. Louis Orr has BGSU heading in the right direction. Picked for 5th in MAC East. Belmont is a very tough low major. Those two games are swing games but you are at BGSU so I think that is a loss for SLU. Maybe you get up to 17. I realize that is giving SLU only 6-7 conference wins but SLU the last few years has been a poor road team and I think with the youth this likely will continue. Plus the big weaknesses I see in this team in rebounding and lack of a third scoring option, could be lack of a second scoring option as well if Reed isn't getting his gimme baskets down low. With Ellis, maybe add a couple more. I think many on this board are relying to much on a true freshman's impact. But I think a season with 15 or 16 is most likely. I also could foresee a scenario of only 12 wins. Much depends on the development of CS, JR and JS as viable additional scoring threats.

wow alot of opptimists here.

After sitting through the 2 exh. games I think this is going to be a long hard season.

Id go with 10-20.

as bad as that may seem i dont think its terrible considering the team only has frosh and soph.

this is the epitome of a re-building year and its going to be ugly at times, but its going to lead to a strong team after experincing the growing pains this year.

top scorer KM 28

-i hope i am wrong - 12-18 including an a10 first round loss (assuming 4 conf wins gets a trip somewhere) , scoring, youth and no margin for injuries/sickness are just such conerns for me

-KM scores 26 against temple

-i wish our kids and coaches all success and health and hope they make me eat this crow as i would gladly do that