Guest BillikenReport

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go:

Check out this one:

21 points in 3 quarters after getting undercut. This is the hardest slam I've EVER seen. He's got his KM concussion out of the way already, it looks like, so ThunderCatz® are GOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm actually not too excited about this commitment. Do we really need another short guard who is too short to be 2 but doesn't play the 1 that often?

Yes, you need some one with his quickness to spell KM a couple of times a game for two or three minutes. The offense slows down too much with out KM in the line up right now.

JMHO

:)

Yes, you need some one with his quickness to spell KM a couple of times a game for two or three minutes. The offense slows down too much with out KM in the line up right now.

JMHO

:)

I would agree with you, if that quick player wasn't primarily a 2 guard. Especially a 2 guard that is an inconsistent shooter.

I also agree that this isn't a commitment to be very excited about, but I can't say I'm surprised either. When the pitch is, "We need a backup PG to a sophomore who is going to play a minimum of 35 minutes per game," we're not going to beat BCS programs for anyone. The best we can hope for is that this kid is a real diamond in the rough, a late bloomer. Realistically, we can just hope for a solid role player to fill exactly the spot the staff wanted to fill.

I also agree that this isn't a commitment to be very excited about, but I can't say I'm surprised either. When the pitch is, "We need a backup PG to a sophomore who is going to play a minimum of 35 minutes per game," we're not going to beat BCS programs for anyone. The best we can hope for is that this kid is a real diamond in the rough, a late bloomer. Realistically, we can just hope for a solid role player to fill exactly the spot the staff wanted to fill.

It also eats up a schollie for the 2010 and 2011 class, which by most accounts is way better than this year's class.

?????

I do not get the last few posts. I read the stuff available and clearly he is a point guard, with tremendous quickness and excellent passing and penetration skills. And he was being recruited by a number of good programs, including Texas Tech. Whether he plays or red-shirts, the major need is for someone not just to back up KM, but also for someone to play against KM, and defend him, every single day in practice, someone with Division I speed and quickness.

Also: nice to get an real live Indiana All-Star added at SLU. yes, he is on the Indiana all-star team, which is a big deal.

?????

I do not get the last few posts. I read the stuff available and clearly he is a point guard, with tremendous quickness and excellent passing and penetration skills. And he was being recruited by a number of good programs, including Texas Tech. Whether he plays or red-shirts, the major need is for someone not just to back up KM, but also for someone to play against KM, and defend him, every single day in practice, someone with Division I speed and quickness.

Also: nice to get an real live Indiana All-Star added at SLU. yes, he is on the Indiana all-star team, which is a big deal.

Doc,

I could have sworn I read he was primarily a 2. However, I can't find it. You win this time :)

?????

I agree with Doc here. It sounds like the kid is ultra quick but may just need his skills refined. With a year or 2 under a coach like RM, maybe he's more than just a few minutes a game player. I'll trust in RM

Do you really think that RM would have ever recruited DP? I would think by now people would realize that RM is a far superior evaluator of talent than Brad.

A small, quick pg with good defensive skills that needs to work on shooting. That sounds a little like polk to me.

?????

Doc. Got to say this post of yours is starting to convince me that your are right and that we do need another PG this year. Clearly, I believe (and believe most everyone else agrees) that we need/will need another PG. The discussion, instead, appears to be should we sign the PG now or should we sign the PG in next year's class. I have posted several times in the past that we should wait until next year. As Pistol summarized, how great of a recruit can any schoolland in the Spring much less we/RM lands (beating out the BCS schools) without the ability to offer immedite playing time. Without this kid, we could probably get by and use a PG by committee approach; however, I again trust RM and if he wants this kid, then he must see something really good in him.

Maybe I am underestimating the need for another PG to develop these other guys in practice. Having 2 quick, pentrating PGs who can run the offense will definitely help. If we are going to play upwards of 10 players this year, RM will need 2 lineups of 5 for practice each day. Instead of having CS, KC, FJ, etc. play the other PG in practice, now Justin Jordan can guard KM, lead the second team and let these kids play their natural positions and improve each day in practice. I appreciate the efforts of PE but he just cannot challenge and distribute each day in practice to make the rest of the better better. If having another PG helps the other guys develop faster, then great. RM knows what he is doing. Plus, if another PG for practice is the goal, this kid could even redshirt - not saying he will - (but then be able to come off redshirt if something were to happen to KM). If this were to happen, then truly he would be KM's backup for only 2 years.

Also, RM (talking in the abstract) has said repeatedly that his most important positions on the floor are his 1 and his 4. Not surprising he got another 1.

A small, quick pg with good defensive skills that needs to work on shooting. That sounds a little like polk to me.

except that Polk wasn't especially quick, didn't have great handles and couldn't get into the lane at will. This kid was listed at 5'10" 180. What was Polk? 5'8" and 155?