Top Ten all time Billikens win

Billikan

I have been going to Billiken games for many decades and watching many more on TV and in terms of grit, determination, excitement and an almost impossible to believe comeback--this has to be in the top ten of games I ever saw and enjoyed as a Billiken fan.

The comeback from 8 down late in regulation was incredible. The Lisch shot will be remembered for years to come. Like the Drejaj shot against Iowa only better because it was literally at the buzzer.

The conditioning of this team is incredible. We play only about 8 guys any appreciable minutes and yet we were fresh and agressive through 3 overtimes. Kwamain was the MAN as he just drove to the hole and got planted into the floor time and again.

One thing that may have gone unnoticed in all of the hoopla is the absolutely fantastic defense played by Tommie throughout the game. It was beautiful. Just behind in terms of quality was the defense of Lisch and KM. Those Richmond guards are excellent players and we played them tough as nails.]

The arrogant self promoting antics of Smith and others made me sick throughout the whole game. I was so pleased that they now have to go home and sulk and make excuses.

Did anyone else think that Barry's missed point blank layup in overtime would go down as one of the biggest chokes we have ever seen? But the team bailed him out so it will just fade into history as another missed shot.

A most satisfying win, particularly for the players and the coaching staff!

Did anyone else think that Barry's missed point blank layup in overtime would go down as one of the biggest chokes we have ever seen? But the team bailed him out so it will just fade into history as another missed shot.

I really did - it certainly seemed that way. But fortunately now he can just relax, enjoy the win and focus on beating Charlotte (and never let it happen again :lol:).

Was listening to the game on the radio coming home from putting in a few hours at the office and turning left from Lindell onto Grand, Lisch hits the three. On the corner, St. Francis Xavier College Church. Divine Intervention? What a game!! GO BILLS!!

first. that is a great quote by President Bush.

second. what a great game by the Bills. I doubt I will put it in my Top 10 ever, but it was certainly exciting. This was a game we HAD to win and we found a way. I'm really impressed with our failure to give up. Most SLU teams in the post marquee perry era would have rolled over after getting down in the final minutes. We didn't tonight. I can't help but be incredibly impressed with Lisch. I've been saying it all season, when there is a game winning shot to be taken, IT HAS TO GO TO LISCH! The play where we clear out for TL has NEVER worked and Mitchell is too young. KL is our most cluth player and wow did he come through...not to mention he was clearly hurt 5 seconds before hitting that HUGE shot.

one of the best SLU wins in recent memory. great great game. very exciting.

first. that is a great quote by President Bush.

second. what a great game by the Bills. I doubt I will put it in my Top 10 ever, but it was certainly exciting. This was a game we HAD to win and we found a way. I'm really impressed with our failure to give up. Most SLU teams in the post marquee perry era would have rolled over after getting down in the final minutes. We didn't tonight. I can't help but be incredibly impressed with Lisch. I've been saying it all season, when there is a game winning shot to be taken, IT HAS TO GO TO LISCH! The play where we clear out for TL has NEVER worked and Mitchell is too young. KL is our most cluth player and wow did he come through...not to mention he was clearly hurt 5 seconds before hitting that HUGE shot.

one of the best SLU wins in recent memory. great great game. very exciting.

Very nice win but I could not say a top ten since Richmond really is not that good of a team. It goes down as a confidence builder and adds to the foundation being developed in the minds of the freshmen - never give up.

Very nice win but I could not say a top ten since Richmond really is not that good of a team. It goes down as a confidence builder and adds to the foundation being developed in the minds of the freshmen - never give up.

Cheeseman you nailed it. It doesn't come close to being a top ten win in my book. It may turn out to be a very important win in Rickma's building of the program. This is the kind of win you really can build on. This is the kind of game that really gives you faith in your ability to win any situation.

It, also, kept our slim post-season chances alive.

It was a good win for SLU, and more importantly more continued progress being made in several areas.

As for all time wins and top ten all time, ranking that etc..I gon't get interested in that stuff.

This team is getting better as the season goes on. That's exactly what you need. KM is no longer a freshman.

The arrogant self promoting antics of Smith and others made me sick throughout the whole game. I was so pleased that they now have to go home and sulk and make excuses.

Funny that you mentioned that. I picked up on that as well. I think it was Smith who backed Kevin down and scored on a nice athletic play. He went down court as if he made the game winning shot and Lisch just smiled and took him right off the dribble for a layup on SLU's next possession. Kevin got back on defense without a word being said as if to demonstrate what you do after making a play.

Funny that you mentioned that. I picked up on that as well. I think it was Smith who backed Kevin down and scored on a nice athletic play. He went down court as if he made the game winning shot and Lisch just smiled and took him right off the dribble for a layup on SLU's next possession. Kevin got back on defense without a word being said as if to demonstrate what you do after making a play.

I remember that exact sequence and it happened just as you said. Class all the way by our guys.

I wonder if this being the 2nd time we've played them in two weeks contributed to the intensity of the game (not that a 3 OT game wouldn't be intense anyway) but I do think there is something to be said for playing teams twice in a year.