RM Sighting

kevinfootes

That can't be true. This board told us that Majerus wasn't interested in any of those players. Perhaps he is just there to please this board. :lol:

As I said in another thread about beal, do you really think RM would be putting his energy into the guy if we had no chance. Its the night before a conference game and hes at a hs basketball game. If we were truly out of the running this would not be the case.

As I said in another thread about beal, do you really think RM would be putting his energy into the guy if we had no chance. Its the night before a conference game and hes at a hs basketball game. If we were truly out of the running this would not be the case.

What was said on this board was that up to a couple of weeks ago Bradley Beal had not been contacted by Coach Majerus. That was definitely the case. I am glad to see that he is starting to get out to watch Beal and hopefully showing him some love. Beal was a little upset that coaches from KU, Florida, and UNC were visiting him and he had not heard anything from Coach Majerus.

What was said on this board was that up to a couple of weeks ago Bradley Beal had not been contacted by Coach Majerus. That was definitely the case. I am glad to see that he is starting to get out to watch Beal and hopefully showing him some love. Beal was a little upset that coaches from KU, Florida, and UNC were visiting him and he had not heard anything from Coach Majerus.

One positive in our recruitment of Beal is that he comes from a solid family and has at least 2 brothers, one older and one younger. His family attends most if not all of his games and I'm sure they would like to watch him in college. Kinda like the Lisch family.

What kind of contact are coahes allowed when dealing with sophomores?

Guest BillikenReport

One positive in our recruitment of Beal is that he comes from a solid family and has at least 2 brothers, one older and one younger. His family attends most if not all of his games and I'm sure they would like to watch him in college. Kinda like the Lisch family.

Beal has at least two older and two younger brothers.

What kind of contact are coahes allowed when dealing with sophomores?

he cannot approach them period. the sophomore has to initiate any direct contact. he can obviously observe, but he cannot go up to a sophomore after a game and talk to him.

most coaches will indirectly contact a sophomore they want to recruit by calling or visiting thier high school coach or another third party like an aau coach for instance.

he cannot approach them period. the sophomore has to initiate any direct contact. he can obviously observe, but he cannot go up to a sophomore after a game and talk to him.

most coaches will indirectly contact a sophomore they want to recruit by calling or visiting thier high school coach or another third party like an aau coach for instance.

Just my opinion, but I think the days of Rick kissing the @$$e$ of local AAU coaches (agents?) is long gone. It was nice of him to invite them in for pizza and talk shortly after his hire, but his recruiting has made their influence somewhat meaningless. In two years they will be begging him to sign one of their players. I think this group of characters has overplayed its' hand.

Beal has at least two older and two younger brothers.

The two younger brothers are butter balls and will likely be making their impact on the football field and not the basketball court.

Someone raised an interesting point about what coaches are allowed to do with regards to recruiting sophomores and that has made me cut Rick some slack. I guess visiting a high school can be considered indirect if you are visiting the coach? The calls I was referring to most have been going to Coach Lee. Regardless, I am happy to see Majerus putting in the time to let Beal know he is inerested.

Just my opinion, but I think the days of Rick kissing the @$$e$ of local AAU coaches (agents?) is long gone. It was nice of him to invite them in for pizza and talk shortly after his hire, but his recruiting has made their influence somewhat meaningless. In two years they will be begging him to sign one of their players. I think this group of characters has overplayed its' hand.

LMAO

Yea right

Might be building a nice.. little.. aussie team though

lol

Is that "observation" supposed to help the situation? Is calling someone a "butter ball" is a compliment? Aren't those kids in grade school?

I did not mean it as such. The Beal twins are 8th graders at my alma mater and could potentially be playing varsity football in the fall as freshmen. I am sure they will be anchoring the offensive line at Chaminade for years to come.

Majerus himself can not directly contact Beal. I don't know what kind of love you want Rickma to show him, but if you know coaches that have directly contacted Beal I am sure the NCAA would love to talk to you.

Majerus himself can not directly contact Beal. I don't know what kind of love you want Rickma to show him, but if you know coaches that have directly contacted Beal I am sure the NCAA would love to talk to you.

But they can contact Coach Lee or go to a Chaminade game or visit Coach Lee, correct? This would be the type of thing that if coaches from KU, Illinois, Florida, and UNC are doing I would hope the hometown Billikens are doing. The fact that he was a little upset Majerus had yet to contact him would make me think he is at least somewhat interested in SLU. Majerus going to the game last night is good to see.

Guest BillikenReport

Nate - did his two older brothers play basketball and football at Vianney? I vaguely remember a few big guys named beal playing there a few years ago.

Yes.

Brandon Beal is playing football at Northern Illinois and Bruce Beal is playing football at Alabama State. Both played basketball at Vianney.

I did not mean it as such. The Beal twins are 8th graders at my alma mater and could potentially be playing varsity football in the fall as freshmen. I am sure they will be anchoring the offensive line at Chaminade for years to come.

They are each about 6-0 and north of 200. They're looking like a ready-made offensive line for Chaminade in a couple years. I laughed when I saw you write 'butterballs' because that is not the least bit inaccurate. It's unlikely they'll be basketball players unless the freshman coach just wants some big bodies in there next year.