SLU vs. SIU Thoughts / Notes

Tonka

Good regional rivalry tomorrow night.

- The Billikens and the Salukis are both coming off losing streaks heading into this game. The Billikens have (2) straight losses and the Salukis have (3) straight losses so both teams are hungry for a win.

- The Salukis have faced some tough competition this year having already played both Duke and UCLA. I heard SIU played UCLA pretty tough up until late in the game when UCLA pulled away.

- As reported before, freshman center Nick Evans will miss 4-6 weeks with a broken wrist and will not play against the Billikens. With Evans out, the Billikens should not be over matched by the Salukis in size.

- Senior Saluki guard Brain Mullins ranks second in the nation in assists per game. The Salukis start a freshman as their other guard - Kevin Dillard.

- The Salukis have a very deep bench and their bench has played well this year contributing over 23 points a game.

- Tough road game for SLU. SLU has had a tough a time winning in Carbondale. I don't think the Billikens have won in Carbondale in 8 - 9 years.

- Femi John will be sitting on the opposing bench from McCleur North high school teammates Anthony Booker and Torres Roundtree

- Brett Thompson's hometown of Vienna, IL is about 45 minutes from Carbondale

- A video stream of the game can be purchased for $9.95 from here: http://www.stretchinternet.com/siumbbschedule.html

What else am I missing?

-my best memory of a slu game in carbondale was in larry's year i think he scored 41 or something like that and basically took over the game in the 2nd half for a slu win

-wish i could be there tomorrow

-go get a win guys!!!!

-i am not familiar with siu's team at this point, if there is a mismatch in our favor what would that be? (not that we take advantage of these)

-my best memory of a slu game in carbondale was in larry's year i think he scored 41 or something like that and basically took over the game in the 2nd half for a slu win

-wish i could be there tomorrow

-go get a win guys!!!!

-i am not familiar with siu's team at this point, if there is a mismatch in our favor what would that be? (not that we take advantage of these)

Cowboy, unfortunately I think the best mismatches would be in favor of them. They have very good guards. They play 3 guards so it should be a good match up for us. Their big guy is out and while he is only a freshman I think he made some noise on the boards. I believe their leading scorer is a sophomore - Carlton Fay. I believe he will be the challenge for us.

You must be right thats why someone deleted it what's wrong with you guys I was just trying to spark a little interest in the game. Good luck to you guys just not Tuesday night it's gonna be fun!!!!

Winning in Carbondale is tough, not just for us, but everybody. SIU plays very well at home. If we can pull it out, this would be a very big win for us.

where can i watch this game? do sports bars like Sports Zone normally have access to Charter? or what about Humphrey's, or the billiken club??

Doc,

Last Tuesday when I was in panic mode trying to find a sports bar (or any bar for that matter) downtown that carried the game on Charter (still pissed it wasn't on satellite), I discovered that most places that have a respectable sports watching scene will not carry Charter. You'll have an easier time finding it at a bar that isn't so popular with sports. We ended up at Hammerstones trying to watch the game with a live band playing terrible music in the background. I highly doubt sportszone, flannery's, etc. would carry it. Good luck.

QUOTE (mtripp @ Dec 1 2008, 06:37 PM)

You forgot to mention that your gonna get pounded

this post was not called for

I really can't believe that this post was deleted. This is just good trash talk and if I hadn't seen a response to it, I'd have never been able to respond with a beautiful picture of homeboy's main b!tch.

Posted Image

Took me awhile to find this blast from the past, but it's the best page on the internet, and I think most SIU fans probably hang out with the guy who made it.

http://www.zgeek.com/trailerparkpage/

QUOTE (mtripp @ Dec 1 2008, 06:37 PM)

Took me awhile to find this blast from the past, but it's the best page on the internet, and I think most SIU fans probably hang out with the guy who made it.

http://www.zgeek.com/trailerparkpage/

That site is a virtual who's who of Carbondale!

Although I think the new Mayor with his picture holding the pistol is a bit incendiary. But he is a bit more classy than the previous mayor.

Posted Image

That site is a virtual who's who of Carbondale!

Although I think the new Mayor with his picture holding the pistol is a bit incendiary. But he is a bit more classy than the previous mayor.

Posted Image

I see he has a cordless phone, he must be one of the wealthier folks in Carbondale.

Could be a methane-powered phone and the cord is, er, ah, .... hidden .. in this particular picture given the shot angle.

The question is, will distant SIU Alums be able to watch the game over the internet from their respective halfway houses?

Posted Image