OT: Lil Wayne Returns to Chaifetz

Pistol

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...er-art-to-shame

It's not on the Chaifetz website yet, but it looks like Wayne will be returning for another big show in St. Louis. What struck me as interesting is that he's playing the main arena in most cities on this tour and Chaifetz is considerably smaller.

Didn't some players and recruits go to the last one? It has to be a nice sell when big names like this are playing the home court twice in under a year. And I'm sure we've also had recruits drawn by Stevie Nicks, Barry Manilow, and Carrie Underwood. The variety is probably good in bringing a wide range of people into the new arena, not to mention their money.

I'll be there. He's definitely top 5 lyrically amongst mainstream rappers. Good for Chaifetz.

I second that. He's lyrically smarter and more entertaining than any of the other huge names in rap. I also like how he puts his stuff out there for everyone to have and spread around- he works constantly and releases more new material than anyone, and demand is stronger than ever. I wish more artists would take his approach instead of letting their labels screw consumers. They make most of their money touring, anyway.

I could do without the whole autovoice/vocorder fad, though. T-Pain has wrecked rap in that way and now everyone is experimenting with it. I want to hear human voices again, not robots.

Did you go to the last one? How was it?

I could do without the whole autovoice/vocorder fad, though. T-Pain has wrecked rap in that way and now everyone is experimenting with it. I want to hear human voices again, not robots.

Seriously, enough of that crap. I only like it on "California Love." That, and Peter Frampton's "Do You Feel Like I Do?"

And is there some requirement that Akon has to be featured on every freaking song that comes out?

Seriously, enough of that crap. I only like it on "California Love." That, and Peter Frampton's "Do You Feel Like I Do?"

And is there some requirement that Akon has to be featured on every freaking song that comes out?

We can't forget Roger who's version of I Heard it through the grapevine is the absolute best version of that song.

Yeah, California Love just uses it for the intro and hook, though. Tupac wouldn't dream of letting an auto-tune or vocoder touch his flow.

Frampton used a talk box on his guitar and was a pioneer of a sound that has been used in a lot of creative ways, so no complaints there, either.

Most rappers are using the auto-tune or vocoder as a substitute for vocals, not just an effect. That's where I have to draw the line. Lil Wayne is so much better without it. When T-Pain was on SNL recently (in the Blizzard Man sketch) I didn't even recognize his voice- I've never heard it before.

Yeah, California Love just uses it for the intro and hook, though. Tupac wouldn't dream of letting an auto-tune or vocoder touch his flow.

Frampton used a talk box on his guitar and was a pioneer of a sound that has been used in a lot of creative ways, so no complaints there, either.

Most rappers are using the auto-tune or vocoder as a substitute for vocals, not just an effect. That's where I have to draw the line. Lil Wayne is so much better without it. When T-Pain was on SNL recently (in the Blizzard Man sketch) I didn't even recognize his voice- I've never heard it before.

Totally agree with you, Pistol. Look at Rhianna. She was almost booed off the stage at SLU when she came because erbody in the crowd was like "Damn, Shaniqua, that's how you sing? Girl's gotta be trippin." She has no talent and she isn't even that attractive for a black woman. Give me Darius Rucker's mom over Rhianna any day of the week. ya hurr.

Totally agree with you, Pistol. Look at Rhianna. She was almost booed off the stage at SLU when she came because erbody in the crowd was like "Damn, Shaniqua, that's how you sing? Girl's gotta be trippin." She has no talent and she isn't even that attractive for a black woman. Give me Darius Rucker's mom over Rhianna any day of the week. ya hurr.

Are you retarded? Rihanna is gorgeous.

Are you retarded? Rihanna is gorgeous.

Something's wrong with this poster, on so many levels. Only 5 posts and perilously close to my ignore list, already.

Tupac=Overated

Tupac+Dr Dre=Some of the best stuff ever.

I second that. He's lyrically smarter and more entertaining than any of the other huge names in rap. I also like how he puts his stuff out there for everyone to have and spread around- he works constantly and releases more new material than anyone, and demand is stronger than ever. I wish more artists would take his approach instead of letting their labels screw consumers. They make most of their money touring, anyway.

Did you go to the last one? How was it?

I didnt make it to the last one. I watched the Missouri v Illinois Arch Rivalry game.