Video of Last 21.7 seconds vs. kent state

Wow. It looked like a walk when it happened, and it really looked like a walk when watching that video. That looked like 3 big steps he took. Sometimes you'll get a ref that will take it upon himself to make a call in crunch time that really makes a difference and brings attention to himself. Other times you'll get a ref that swallows the whistle in the closing moments.

Where's Steve Welmer when you need him?

Wow. It looked like a walk when it happened, and it really looked like a walk when watching that video. That looked like 3 big steps he took. Sometimes you'll get a ref that will take it upon himself to make a call in crunch time that really makes a difference and brings attention to himself. Other times you'll get a ref that swallows the whistle in the closing moments.

Where's Steve Welmer when you need him?

He walked - no doubt about it.

Picks up the ball, rotates, then takes two steps.

My inability to cope with referee incompetence is causing me unnecessary stress.

Can anyone recall ever seeing a referee who makes the same calls consistently at a SLU game?

They put what?, the MAC player of the year on an island with arguably our best defender. Might have been a walk, but was definitely a prayer -- and one that was answered, sad to say.

I can't tell who the SLU player is covering Fisher that looks for help and then switches off Fisher giving the defensive role to Kevin but why not at that point run and jump into a doubleteam and trap? Try and take the ball out of Fisher's hands and have someone else beat you? The guy scored what, 35 points? Almost half of Kent's output? The next two guys had 11 and one of those had five fouls so he wasn't on the court at the time. Just a thought ....

I got my first score with about 4 minutes to go in regulation and saw the Billikids up 51 to 48. I thought that was great and that we had a chance. The shiv reference is a good one. A good team wins this one down the stretch ---- and maybe it did.

On the flip side, my viewing lines were occupied by watching Charlotte go down in two overtimes at Appalachin State. Coley is a good player and so too is Wilderness but I am not impressed at all by Charlotte's backcourt. In a real reversal of past typical play, Charlotte's strength seems on the inside as opposed to years past. They lost in double overtime and some will probably see that as a bad loss for the A10 but ASU should have put them away in both regulation and the first overtime. I'd describe Charlotte as workmanlike but nothing impressive at this point. Dewhurst and Anderson in the backcourt are not very good right now and Harris seems to be a hog-the-ball point instead of a distributor.

Jealous of everyone that got to experience that great game and cuss out that ref in person. I get to see a game in exactly one month. Liberty will die.

I also would like the names of the officials. SLU should send this tape into whoever their boss is and get some justice. Kudos to Fisher for his play down the stretch (didn't see it, but I've read all the comments now), but there is no possible human way that a guy can get from the 3-point line to the middle of the "A" in A10 after a slight slip, a spin, and planting both feet and not be called for traveling- I don't care who it is or what time in the game. The video is there for all to see.

I'm having Savvis flashbacks because we just got screwed royally by the officials on our home court.

You people need to stop crying. Seriously. Are you honestly going to say there weren't calls that went SLU's way, or no calls that could have been whistled? The refs in that game were pretty evenhanded. Kent had 3 players foul out and I believe had two more with 4 fouls. SLU had one player foul out. Certainly doesn't seem like an unevenly called game to me. SLU played a very good team. Start three freshman and rotate in 3 more off the bench in your 9 man rotation and you almost won the game against an upperclassman laden Kent team. Don't ***** and moan over one call. Instead be excited about the development of this team. And trust me, I have seen Al Fischer do that against other teams, my own included. There is a reason he was MAC Player of the Year last year. And yes, I am an alum of a MAC school. Good luck Saturday against BC, should be a good game.

They put what?, the MAC player of the year on an island with arguably our best defender. Might have been a walk, but was definitely a prayer -- and one that was answered, sad to say.

I can't tell who the SLU player is covering Fisher that looks for help and then switches off Fisher giving the defensive role to Kevin but why not at that point run and jump into a doubleteam and trap? Try and take the ball out of Fisher's hands and have someone else beat you? The guy scored what, 35 points? Almost half of Kent's output? The next two guys had 11 and one of those had five fouls so he wasn't on the court at the time. Just a thought ....

I got my first score with about 4 minutes to go in regulation and saw the Billikids up 51 to 48. I thought that was great and that we had a chance. The shiv reference is a good one. A good team wins this one down the stretch ---- and maybe it did.

On the flip side, my viewing lines were occupied by watching Charlotte go down in two overtimes at Appalachin State. Coley is a good player and so too is Wilderness but I am not impressed at all by Charlotte's backcourt. In a real reversal of past typical play, Charlotte's strength seems on the inside as opposed to years past. They lost in double overtime and some will probably see that as a bad loss for the A10 but ASU should have put them away in both regulation and the first overtime. I'd describe Charlotte as workmanlike but nothing impressive at this point. Dewhurst and Anderson in the backcourt are not very good right now and Harris seems to be a hog-the-ball point instead of a distributor.

I was at the game Kyle switched with Kevin...they didnt double because coach only plays straight up man...nothing else...he walked...he charged into Barry at the end of the game that they called a block that could have lost the game there for us...Tough loss just have to look to BC now

You people need to stop crying. Seriously. Are you honestly going to say there weren't calls that went SLU's way, or no calls that could have been whistled? The refs in that game were pretty evenhanded. Kent had 3 players foul out and I believe had two more with 4 fouls. SLU had one player foul out. Certainly doesn't seem like an unevenly called game to me. SLU played a very good team. Start three freshman and rotate in 3 more off the bench in your 9 man rotation and you almost won the game against an upperclassman laden Kent team. Don't ***** and moan over one call. Instead be excited about the development of this team. And trust me, I have seen Al Fischer do that against other teams, my own included. There is a reason he was MAC Player of the Year last year. And yes, I am an alum of a MAC school. Good luck Saturday against BC, should be a good game.

The officiating leading up to it is not the issue- it seems to have been even- the fact of the matter is that the refs absolutely blew an obvious call with the game on the line, and in our home arena no less. This is inexcusable.

This was not a call earlier in the game that shifted momentum, or swung a few points to the other team- this was directly a factor in the outcome, you can't deny that.

The officiating leading up to it is not the issue- it seems to have been even- the fact of the matter is that the refs absolutely blew an obvious call with the game on the line, and in our home arena no less. This is inexcusable.

This was not a call earlier in the game that shifted momentum, or swung a few points to the other team- this was directly a factor in the outcome, you can't deny that.

Lucky them - charge against Barry called a blocking foul.

Lucky us - Fisher misses the FT to win it.

Lucky them - Fisher salsa dances from the top of the key to the rim and pulls The Number 9 With a Smile out of his ass.

Lucky them - Kwamain misses the FT to win it, from the other end of the court.

Moral of the story - Kent State got lucky and they are suck.

what game were you watching. kent should have been whistled for twice the fouls they got. this isnt about looking at the scoreboard and keeping the fouls even. if it is a foul blow the dam whistle. there was no way they called the same standards foulwise on both ends. absolutely a horribly officiated game.

what game were you watching. kent should have been whistled for twice the fouls they got. this isnt about looking at the scoreboard and keeping the fouls even. if it is a foul blow the dam whistle. there was no way they called the same standards foulwise on both ends. absolutely a horribly officiated game.

Those three Kent players didn't get fouled out of the game then? Is that what you are saying? Maybe Kent feels it was a horribly officiated game because three of their key players were fouled out, maybe if they were still in the game Kent would have had a bigger lead. Maybe if a call hadn't been made earlier in the game SLU would have less points. Stop bitching. At least you didn't lose by 41 like last year.

I hate hearing about how "even" or "uneven" a game is called! It's the biggest bullsh!t phrase in the history of North America! If the ball is last touched by kent state it should be slu's ball. "Oh wait SLU got the last inbounds, lets give this one to Kent." Those 3 kids deserved every foul they had called on them! If the guy walked he should have been called for a walk! It doesn't freaking matter if one team gets as many calls as the other if he walks it should be called if he fouls it should be called!

Those three Kent players didn't get fouled out of the game then? Is that what you are saying? Maybe Kent feels it was a horribly officiated game because three of their key players were fouled out, maybe if they were still in the game Kent would have had a bigger lead. Maybe if a call hadn't been made earlier in the game SLU would have less points. Stop bitching. At least you didn't lose by 41 like last year.

no i am saying those three should have fouled out about 10 minutes earlier and then about 3 more kent players should have also been gone. they got away with murder the entire night long. the double standard was very obvious.

if you wanted to allow what they got away with and say kent's fouls were accurate, then the billikens probably should have had about 3 fouls called on them.

i have no problem though with the billiken fouls. it was the no calls on kent that i struggle with.

basketball is supposed to be a finese game. not the rugby edition that kent was playing last night. liddell, mitchell and lisch probably had to get tetanus shots after the game.