Who gets the most minutes

GoBills

And switch Barry with Mitchell.

I think it will be close, but Mitchell is going to get more minutes than Barry. We don't want Lisch or Tommie having to play anywhere but the 2 (Lisch) and 3 (Tommie) for us to have the best season possible. That means Mitchell will get major minutes. Cotto will spell some time at the point, but I expect Cotto's minutes to end up getting pretty much split evenly between the 1 and 2. I think Barry will only get minutes at the four. Conklin will end up playing some major minutes at the four.

If Tommie ends up playing 90% of his minutes at the three, he should have a huge year. If Mitchell is a good as I think he will be........he will help Tommie more than any other player on the team. Tommie had to play minutes at four different positions last year. That makes it really hard to get comfortable at any position in an offense as complex as Majerus's.

I think it will be close, but Mitchell is going to get more minutes than Barry. We don't want Lisch or Tommie having to play anywhere but the 2 (Lisch) and 3 (Tommie) for us to have the best season possible. That means Mitchell will get major minutes. Cotto will spell some time at the point, but I expect Cotto's minutes to end up getting pretty much split evenly between the 1 and 2. I think Barry will only get minutes at the four. Conklin will end up playing some major minutes at the four.

If Tommie ends up playing 90% of his minutes at the three, he should have a huge year. If Mitchell is a good as I think he will be........he will help Tommie more than any other player on the team. Tommie had to play minutes at four different positions last year. That makes it really hard to get comfortable at any position in an offense as complex as Majerus's.

well this basically comes down to who plays more ruben or conklin, because conklin will have the rest of barrys minutes and cotto will have the rest of mitchells minutes

I'll rank them from most minutes to fewest

1. Kevin

2. Tommie

3. Mitchell

4. Barry

5. Conklin

6. Thompson

7. Cotto

8. Reed

9. Eckerle

10. Cassitty

11. John

Anybody see it differently?

Go Bills!!!

This is pretty tough to predict since most of us have not seen the majority of these guys play, but it shows how hungry we are to discuss Billiken BB. here's my shot.

TL--34

KL--33

KM--26

BE--25

BC--25

BT--24

RC--13 (his number)

PE--8

KC--5

FJ---4

WR--4

Since I'm pretty close to 80 minutes for the obvious 4/5 guys and pretty close to a total of 200 minutes, I'll just claim "rounding" as the reason I'm a little off.

The idea that Lisch won't see time at the ignores the fact that he's simply a better point guard than Cotto at this juncture and similarly that Cotto is a better shooting guard than he is a point guard. If RM also sees its that way, Lisch will play minutes there. Also, Thompson isn't ready to play 25 minutes a game, forcing Barry or Conklin to play minutes at the 5 (I'm guessing Barry since he has experience playing out of position at this level).

Guesstimate:

Mitchell 25/ Cotto 8 / Lisch 7

Lisch 27/ Cotto 10 / Liddell 3

Liddell 31/ Eckerle or Cassity 9

Eberhardt 22/ Conklin 18

Thompson 20/ Reed 13 / Eberhardt 7

Totals:

1. Lisch 34

2. Liddell 34

3. Eberhardt 29

4. Mitchell 25

5. Thompson 20

6. Cotto 18

7. Conklin 18

8. Reed 13

9. Eckerle early and Cassity late 9

The idea that Lisch won't see time at the ignores the fact that he's simply a better point guard than Cotto at this juncture and similarly that Cotto is a better shooting guard than he is a point guard. If RM also sees its that way, Lisch will play minutes there. Also, Thompson isn't ready to play 25 minutes a game, forcing Barry or Conklin to play minutes at the 5 (I'm guessing Barry since he has experience playing out of position at this level).

Guesstimate:

Eberhardt 22/ Conklin 18

Totals:

1. Lisch 34

2. Liddell 34

3. Eberhardt 29

4. Mitchell 25

5. Thompson 20

6. Cotto 18

7. Conklin 18

8. Reed 13

Looks about right to me but I think Femi John sees some minutes at wing when the opposition has a big wing that Eckerle or Cassity don't have the strength to contend with. We might also occasionally go 4 guard with Femi John trying to impersonate Danny Brown.

Guesstimate:

Eberhardt 22/ Conklin 18

Totals:

1. Lisch 34

2. Liddell 34

3. Eberhardt 29

4. Mitchell 25

5. Thompson 20

6. Cotto 18

7. Conklin 18

8. Reed 13

Agree with your minutes but only if BT and WR are, in fact, able to contribute right away. Otherwise, and am somewhat expecting that BE and BC get 25 or more minutes each at the 4 and 5 positions with a guard filling in at the 4 (4 guard set) and BT/WR filling in at the 5.

i like three star's thoughts, but i think i would give lisch and liddell as close to 40 as they can handle each game. i wouldnt be surprised to see each average 38.

i like three star's thoughts, but i think i would give lisch and liddell as close to 40 as they can handle each game. i wouldnt be surprised to see each average 38.

This is how I would divide up the 200 minutes:

Lisch: 95

Lidell: 95

Mitchell: 1

Conklin: 1

Thompson: 1

Eberhardt: 1

Eckerle: 1

Cassity: 1

Reed: 1

Cotto: 1

John: 1

Lisch: 1

Majerus needs to find a way to turn Liddell and Lisch into Bugs Bunny-like athletes who can play every position at every minute.

I agree with Roy in that those two very well might average 38 minutes barring injuries. The occasional early foul trouble will be just about the only thing that I'd want to take them out for. I hope their summer conditioning was productive.

OT: Has anyone recommended the nickname 'D-Lisch' for the younger Lisch brother yet, as in the first part of "delicious"? I normally hate the stupidly simple first-initial-first-syllable-of-last-name nicknames, but this one has potential. It's not the most, um, masculine nickname out there, but it would be hilarious to hear an announcer say, "Deeee-lish!" Say that with the voices of David Alan Greer and Damon Wayans from their "Men On..." skits from In Living Color in mind and you get the idea. Chris Farley demonstrates in the first few seconds of this video:

http://funnyvideooftheday.blogspot.com/200...ler-as-old.html

Guesstimate:

Eberhardt 22/ Conklin 18

Totals:

1. Lisch 34

2. Liddell 34

3. Eberhardt 29

4. Mitchell 25

5. Thompson 20

6. Cotto 18

7. Conklin 18

8. Reed 13

I think you are underrating Cotto's ability to play the point. Just because he was forced to be the main offensive option on his high school team doesn't mean he is not able to handle the point gaurd duties on a limited basis. He wasn't able last year to run a team offense because he was the offense.

I will be suprised if BE gets most of the minutes at the 5 that Thompson doesn't get. I expect most of those minutes to get split between Reed and Conklin. BE does very few of the things that Rickma looks for in a center at either end of the court.