Chris May on 590

shooter

The SLU AD was on 590 yesterday with Frank C. and was excited about RM's recruiting for this November. I guess we will have to wait to the signing period before we will know who else is considering signing with the Bills. He also said all of the Freshmen on this years team are cleared and eligible to play. No real news there, but it is always good to hear, what every one else has been saying on this board. The AD also said he has seen the team practicing and is impressed with what he has seen so far. Their was more but the interview kept cutting out on me while I was in my car. I think they were at a golf tournament. Got to love 590's reception. This information at least is about the upcoming season. Go Bills!

False. If I had to guess, Chris May is either one of the Plymouth pilgrims or a bullpen catcher for the Braves from the 60s. I don't believe anyone is currently manning the AD position.

Didn't Chris May play on Carolina's national championship team a few years ago? :lol:

The SLU AD was on 590 yesterday with Frank C. and was excited about RM's recruiting for this November. I guess we will have to wait to the signing period before we will know who else is considering signing with the Bills. He also said all of the Freshmen on this years team are cleared and eligible to play. No real news there, but it is always good to hear, what every one else has been saying on this board. The AD also said he has seen the team practicing and is impressed with what he has seen so far. Their was more but the interview kept cutting out on me while I was in my car. I think they were at a golf tournament. Got to love 590's reception. This information at least is about the upcoming season. Go Bills!

Good to hear about him being excited about the recruiting for next month's signing period. I would be interested in the basis for his feelings. If we had an "exciting" player in the bag, then why hasn't a verbal been announced? If it is based on RM being close on some excellent players, then we all have to remember that "close" only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. Seems like 2-3 weeks ago when one of our posters was touting a verbal within a week and no news since then. Hope May is right.

By the way, hats off to him for making the appearance on a sports station. Seems like he or Frank might have been reading Billikens.com yesterday! We need more of this not less to start generating discussion of our team. Interestingly, this morning's PD included a letter to the editor regarding the Mizzou MBB program---imagine that, people interested in college basketball in mid-Oct.

Thanks to FC and 590. Now it would be nice to hear "our voice of the Billikens" discuss the Program in his 3-hour afternoon show. Why is he seemingly afraid to discuss the Bills, when Mike Kelly is more than willing to come on any show and talk Tiger FB or MBB.

Good to hear about him being excited about the recruiting for next month's signing period. I would be interested in the basis for his feelings. If we had an "exciting" player in the bag, then why hasn't a verbal been announced? If it is based on RM being close on some excellent players, then we all have to remember that "close" only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. Seems like 2-3 weeks ago when one of our posters was touting a verbal within a week and no news since then. Hope May is right.

By the way, hats off to him for making the appearance on a sports station. Seems like he or Frank might have been reading Billikens.com yesterday! We need more of this not less to start generating discussion of our team. Interestingly, this morning's PD included a letter to the editor regarding the Mizzou MBB program---imagine that, people interested in college basketball in mid-Oct.

Thanks to FC and 590. Now it would be nice to hear "our voice of the Billikens" discuss the Program in his 3-hour afternoon show. Why is he seemingly afraid to discuss the Bills, when Mike Kelly is more than willing to come on any show and talk Tiger FB or MBB.

Everybody needs to relax. The basketball discussion is coming. The PD said they will have a write-up on the local teams in tomorrow's paper. Bball talk typically begins to heat up in October. Doc B said there might be an event on Oct. 30. Then the exhibition opener will be here before you know it. Agreed that it would be nice to hear a little more recruiting news.

OK, so here's where I think SLU continues to miss the boat on PR/marketing. If the AD was going to be on 590, they should put a notice on SLUBillikens.com -- and then asked 590 if they could capture the interview as a podcast, and link it to the SLUBillikens site. They also could have an e-mail distribution (maybe they do, but I'm not on it). They should also aggregate all the external SLU news (any article or broadcast piece that appears) on the site.

It's not hard, because in most cases someone else is doing the work for you. But they just seem to continue to think like Khan did in Star Trek II.

OK, so here's where I think SLU continues to miss the boat on PR/marketing. If the AD was going to be on 590, they should put a notice on SLUBillikens.com -- and then asked 590 if they could capture the interview as a podcast, and link it to the SLUBillikens site. They also could have an e-mail distribution (maybe they do, but I'm not on it). They should also aggregate all the external SLU news (any article or broadcast piece that appears) on the site.

It's not hard, because in most cases someone else is doing the work for you. But they just seem to continue to think like Khan did in Star Trek II.

exactly. that one "freebie" could have been taken and sent out/displayed in a manner anyone caring about the billikens could have gotten it. instead you hit a few hundred that happened to be listening to frank c that moment and then relying on word of mouth translation to pass it on to the rest of the billiken fandom.

Okay ... you guys got me on that one. Oh great bonowich ---- you've got the deals, man, you need to weasel your way into the mainstream SLU bunker and advise these guys. roy is correct on this one in that a "freebie" could have been exploited. Oh well ... if you are saving the bucks for a bigger push so be it, but you guys are right on in this one. More could have been done and outside the box thinking might indeed be needed.

As for May, hmmm ----- seems to fit the description of the tall, balding, bespectacled guy I saw in the bowels of the 'Fetz two weeks ago. He said the same thing to me then, which I related on here, and yet, we still languish without a delivery. He can't say much in specifics given the rules on commenting before the official signing period so that I understand. But bauman is correct to offer caution about getting excited about players we are "close" to. Nine times out of ten we haven't seen that materialize so I'm all for caution on that one. I'm extrememly tired of the "close but no cigar" factor that seemed to be the case in the past two regimes. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Once again, it seems only time will tell.

Don't forget nuclear bombs too! :lol: That was for you A-Bomb :lol:

Hey thanks SLUavtr I don't have to be that close when I detonate.

The most pointless places to get real information are from Coaches and ADs. Think politicians. What else would he say besides "I'm really excited about this recruiting class" We could have 5 Obi Ikeakor clones hatched from artificially inseminated eggs (very large eggs) in a lab deep in BMC and he'd still say "I'm real excited about this recruiting class"

You get the real info from people like Earl Austin Jr. Or Frank's inuendo after he got some scoop he can't discuss.

Although the AD and Coaches should be out there selling this program. "USC Upstate they are a powerhouse this game will be rockin" and all that.