Olympics OT

FYI, the dream team does not play as a unit in the NBA. It is an ALL-STAR team assembled for this tourney.

This is like listening to someone who complains about a boxer who keeps winning on first round KOs and saying "I'd like to see him work the jab more".

I know I went overboard a bit but all im saying is that if a team can can keep them in the halfcourt for most of the game(Argentina or Austrlia), the US will struggle. Of course I will be glad if they win gold but it would be interesting in the world of basketball to see the team on a mission to dominate, not win the gold. It will tell a lot about how the game of basketball has evolved.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I went overboard a bit but all im saying is that if a team can can keep them in the halfcourt for most of the game(Argentina or Austrlia), the US will struggle. Of course I will be glad if they win gold but it would be interesting in the world of basketball to see the team on a mission to dominate, not win the gold. It will tell a lot about how the game of basketball has evolved.

Ho hum, another 31 point victory. This time over those dangerous half court masters the Australians.

As far as the defense during the 82 game season. These guy are all big-time players so they are going to play around 40 minutes a game, sometimes 48, they can't expend that kind of energy on defense for an entire game, and still be a productive scorer on the offensive end. They have to carry the load offensively, so they have to pace themselves at both ends of the court. In the 40 minute games of the Olympics, they have another superstar subbing for them and they are playing between 15-20 minutes a game, so they can go all out and then get a blow. They dont have that luxury during the regular season.

I said this exact same thing

I"m just man enough to back up my words(right or wrong). Most on here aren't. Your lack of an intelligent response speaks volumes. You know I'm right you just don't have the courage to admit it.

I said that if a team could keep them in the halfcourt, the US would struggle. No team has been able to that and the US has won going away. Its a freaking message board, get a life man.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...ernet+tough+guy

But seriously, what do you think Monmouths strengths and weaknesses will be this year? Do they have a Final Four run in them? I know what an expert on college bball you fancy yourself to be. I'd love to hear your opinion.

You got me. My knoweledge is nothing compared to your supreme crasp of almost any topic. You are such a funny, cool, and smart guy. We are lucky to be graced by your presence. I bet Dan Ceaser has no idea how privileged he was to have an email exchange with you.

I said that if a team could keep them in the halfcourt, the US would struggle. No team has been able to that and the US has won going away. Its a freaking message board, get a life man.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...ernet+tough+guy

Call me unpatriotic but I kind of want the mens basketball team to lose. The only players I like watching on that team are Chris Paul and Deron Williams. I think Lebron is the cockiest SOB in sports. THe team in general is was too arrogant and cocky. In fact I hope they get their asses handed to them.

Dude, your half-ass comment got the whole thing started. I'm sorry I called bs on you and have continued to remind how wrong you were. You're the one who came out all hardass about how you hope they get their asses handed to them, and Lebron is cocky and they don't play with any fundamentals. You're right it is a message board - usually people have debates on them. If you can't take being called out don't make stupid statements to begin with. I'm a proud American and I don't like nitwits like you going off on those who proudly represent us. Stop being such a hater.

I"m just man enough to back up my words(right or wrong). Most on here aren't. Your lack of an intelligent response speaks volumes. You know I'm right you just don't have the courage to admit it.

please post the example where you admitted you were wrong. thanks in advance.

You got me. My knoweledge is nothing compared to your supreme crasp of almost any topic. You are such a funny, cool, and smart guy. We are lucky to be graced by your presence. I bet Dan Ceaser has no idea how privileged he was to have an email exchange with you.

The meth fumes from Jeff Co must be weakening your defense mechanisms. I would venture to say most of the posters on here wouldn't enjoying hanging out with me. But that's okay, I probably wouldn't want to hang out with them either. So I don't know if you're lucky to be in my presence or not or if Dan C felt privledged. You'll have to ask him.

I tried to make a serious post about Monmouth and you ignored it. Maybe next time.

please post the example where you admitted you were wrong. thanks in advance.

Show me where I was wrong and I'll gladly do so.

You do the same. We can start with who gets better ratings - Mizzou or SLU. Will you kindly admit you were wrong about this? Go ahead? I'm waiting.

Call me unpatriotic but I kind of want the mens basketball team to lose. The only players I like watching on that team are Chris Paul and Deron Williams. I think Lebron is the cockiest SOB in sports. THe team in general is was too arrogant and cocky. In fact I hope they get their asses handed to them.

Dude, your half-ass comment got the whole thing started. I'm sorry I called bs on you and have continued to remind how wrong you were. You're the one who came out all hardass about how you hope they get their asses handed to them, and Lebron is cocky and they don't play with any fundamentals. You're right it is a message board - usually people have debates on them. If you can't take being called out don't make stupid statements to begin with. I'm a proud American and I don't like nitwits like you going off on those who proudly represent us. Stop being such a hater.

I hate Lebron. I revised my original comment, saying that it would be great if we won the gold. Seriously whats your problem? Even after i revise my comments you still harp on it, and you think Roy has a problem?

Yes, you are very manly, albeit anonymous on a message board, but manly nonetheless.

Show me where I was wrong and I'll gladly do so.

You do the same. We can start with who gets better ratings - Mizzou or SLU. Will you kindly admit you were wrong about this? Go ahead? I'm waiting.

i'm not the one making the statement

"I"m just man enough to back up my words(right or wrong). Most on here aren't. Your lack of an intelligent response speaks volumes. You know I'm right you just don't have the courage to admit it. "

so what you are saying is you are never wrong? that's all i wanted to know. the assurance i am in presense of greatness is nice.

i'm not the one making the statement

"I"m just man enough to back up my words(right or wrong). Most on here aren't. Your lack of an intelligent response speaks volumes. You know I'm right you just don't have the courage to admit it. "

so what you are saying is you are never wrong? that's all i wanted to know. the assurance i am in presense of greatness is nice.

Roy it's pretty common knowledge on here that when you're proven wrong on a point or posed a question that you can't answer you just hide from the thread.

I'll ask again. Who was right about the ratings debate, me or you?