What I heard regarding Ruben

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could say the same thing to you bubba. Let's see if you can troll this thread into the recycle bin too.......

Uh, I believe you had the last post in the other thread when it was deleted. Just sayin. Troll away....

Try selling some renter's insurance to the college kids if business is slow. Put that SEMO education(oxymoron) to use.

I think this was well know by all parties involved especially the players and their famlies. You're grasping at straws here.

it was not known by the players and families concerned prior to the end of the season.

update, i sent a very detailed complaint e-mail to mr Helmkamp yesterday focusing on both the premature announcement of the rickma four player cuts and more recently the guarantee that willie reed and ruben cotto will never be slu student athletes.

i received a very short and terse reply this morning from a Matt Stelo basically stating the station backs stickland completely and believes in his sources.

i have stored my e-mail away with plans to revisit at the end of august. should they both be full time enrolled saint louis university students at that time i will revisit with mr stelo and mr helmkamp then.

i still think all should send a note to helmkamp now as well. put them on notice.

I don't think what he did by announcing the four players being cut was bad at all. He is a reporter, had a scoop and reported on it. It ultimately turned out true whether people liked the timing or not.

If the Cotto and Reed situation plays out like those here on the board then Strickland will have some explainign to do and should issue an official apology to them and acknowledge he is an ass hat.

I don't think what he did by announcing the four players being cut was bad at all. He is a reporter, had a scoop and reported on it. It ultimately turned out true whether people liked the timing or not.

you dont think announcing that during the season during the critical conference tourney run was bad? you dont think the players and families hearing about it via the news instead of rickma was bad?

you are one cold dude.

You know this how?

I will also back up Roy, it was not known by the players. I'm not going to say how I know, but if you know my history on the board, you will know I wouldn't say it if it wasn't absolutely 100% verified. The players did not know and it wasn't even fact at the time, options were given to stay in some situations.

you dont think announcing that during the season during the critical conference tourney run was bad? you dont think the players and families hearing about it via the news instead of rickma was bad?

you are one cold dude.

I don't like the timing on that one either, the idea that he deserves any sort of reprimand for this seems silly to me. He was just doing what 90% of journalists would do. If RM didn't want it the info out early, there wouldn't have been a leak. As much blame belongs on RM as does Strickland for that.

The Cotto/Reed situation is completely different, if they do really end up on campus. I believe they will but nothing is set in stone yet it seems. If they do ultimately end up on campus, Strickland does have a lot of explaining to do.

I don't like the timing on that one either, the idea that he deserves any sort of reprimand for this seems silly to me. He was just doing what 90% of journalists would do. If RM didn't want it the info out early, there wouldn't have been a leak. As much blame belongs on RM as does Strickland for that.

The Cotto/Reed situation is completely different, if they do really end up on campus. I believe they will but nothing is set in stone yet it seems. If they do ultimately end up on campus, Strickland does have a lot of explaining to do.

90%? but he was the ONLY st louis media person announcing the upcoming cuts prior to the official announcements. if 90% do it, then why didnt anyone else have it on their news? strickland is pure scum. there is no defense for his actions.

If he used the board, wouldn't he have reported that Cotto had qualified?

Her's what I know about AS's sources. BM and Rickma are very good buddys-have been out together more than once. AS is totally beholding to BM for even having a job in this town---whereever Bernie goes, AS is sure to follow-I have not had the following confirmed, but sources I have in the StL entertainment business strongly believe that Bernie makes his wishes re AS well known to his (BM's) employer. Note the daily segment on BM/RK's 1380 afternoon show by AS. While I have heard BM deny the above, I believe his actions speak louder than words-I defy anyone to provide ONE example from any BM---AS interaction where anything but kissing each other's @$$ took place.

Now connecting the above dots, I am sure that AS got the "scoop" on the four departing players from BM who got it from his bud, RM. The more damaging story about Cotto I believe was the result of BM mishearing/misunderstanding or "misremembering" something said by RM or AS getting his "facts" from BM screwed up.

AS is truly nothing more than a gossip monger who would be better employed by those titans of journalism---PEOPLE or US. He is to the broadcast industy what Dan Caesar is the the Post, except Dan verifies most of his stories.

Her's what I know about AS's sources. BM and Rickma are very good buddys-have been out together more than once. AS is totally beholding to BM for even having a job in this town---whereever Bernie goes, AS is sure to follow-I have not had the following confirmed, but sources I have in the StL entertainment business strongly believe that Bernie makes his wishes re AS well known to his (BM's) employer. Note the daily segment on BM/RK's 1380 afternoon show by AS. While I have heard BM deny the above, I believe his actions speak louder than words-I defy anyone to provide ONE example from any BM---AS interaction where anything but kissing each other's @$$ took place.

Now connecting the above dots, I am sure that AS got the "scoop" on the four departing players from BM who got it from his bud, RM. The more damaging story about Cotto I believe was the result of BM mishearing/misunderstanding or "misremembering" something said by RM or AS getting his "facts" from BM screwed up.

AS is truly nothing more than a gossip monger who would be better employed by those titans of journalism---PEOPLE or US. He is to the broadcast industy what Dan Caesar is the the Post, except Dan verifies most of his stories.

You're calling out AS for not verifying his sources and then doing the same thing? Hypocrisy, thy name is Bauman.

You're calling out AS for not verifying his sources and then doing the same thing? Hypocrisy, thy name is Bauman.

Postcard, thou name is Idiot. If you could read and possibly comprehend, you might have noted that I stated (I thought clearly enough for all to understand) that "I was unable to confirm" did AS make such a statement when he slandered Cotto's reputation? No, I don't think so. Are you Metz or Strickland?

Hey troll, last time I checked Bauman wasn't a reporter or on the radio. Also the use of the phrase "I have not had the following confirmed" is something AS should look into using. It would put his reporting in a more defensible postion in this case.

Postcard, thou name is Idiot. If you could read and possibly comprehend, you might have noted that I stated (I thought clearly enough for all to understand) that "I was unable to confirm" did AS make such a statement when he slandered Cotto's reputation? No, I don't think so. Are you Metz or Strickland?

Beat me to it.....

Hey troll, last time I checked Bauman wasn't a reporter or on the radio. Also the use of the phrase "I have not had the following confirmed" is something AS should look into using. It would put his reporting in a more defensible postion in this case.

You shouldn't be spreading rumor and innuendo with nothing to back it up. Everyone can hide behind the "I can't confirm this but." That's chickenshit and you know it.

I can't confirm this but Bauman and Billiken Rich are flamers.

Everyone can hide behind the "I can't confirm this but." That's chickenshit and you know it.

stickland didnt even do that. he said reed and cotto to a juco.

stickland didnt even do that. he said reed and cotto to a juco.

I have a thought to ponder.

If Reed and Cotto are not going to be Billikens, then WHY did Reed and Cotto attend a Freshman team dinning/bonding session with Rickma this last week? Do you think Rick just said, " hey Ruben and Willy, why do't you boys just come to dinner with us and you can sit and listen to us talk about the upcoming season and our plans, since you aren't going to be Billikens and you are going to be playing at a JUCO and this effects your life so much?". I don't think so.

I have a thought to ponder.

If Reed and Cotto are not going to be Billikens, then WHY did Reed and Cotto attend a Freshman team dinning/bonding session with Rickma this last week? Do you think Rick just said, " hey Ruben and Willy, why do't you boys just come to dinner with us and you can sit and listen to us talk about the upcoming season and our plans, since you aren't going to be Billikens and you are going to be playing at a JUCO and this effects your life so much?". I don't think so.

Thats even better to hear. I havent been worried for a while now but the more we hear about them the better