Mike Claiborne and RM met recently..

He said a whole bunch of nothing. How pointless was that? I'm an avid reader of all Majerus reports and I vaguely recall that Claireborne had some type of issue with Majerus months ago. I don't recall what it was but I recall that it was BS (not Brad Soderberg). So he comes back with this? Pointless. Does he get paid for this?

Does anyone really care what Mike Claiborne thinks? For that matter does anyone really care what anybody in the media thinks?

With a couple of exceptions, the only time we hear from them is when they are complaining about something they know little or nothing about in regards to the Billiken program.

Cusamano and Austin know their stuff but the others are just a lot of hot air. Unless we're playing a Kansas or North Carolina these people don't give us the time of day.

That's a pretty worthless "article" if I've ever seen one. The best part was the one comment left at the bottom of the article.

Like it or not, basketball student athletes seem to be more affected by people other than their parents and high school coach. Lack of strong and informed parents looking out for their son's future (basketball and academics) plus the presence of money leading to street agents, aau player brokers, etc. causes media types (especially those with agendas, bitterness, chips on their shoulders, etc.) to have greater influence than they should.

SLU needs to win games to put these issues aside. For years, we have tried to please certain communities. How many times have we taken a kid from a program to get/stay in good graces with the coach/school for the next kid to come along and then possibly go to our school. Many times, the next and really good kids considers us but chooses elsewhere because we are not "big time" enough. For instance, we have taken Vashon kids (Nick Kern, Dwayne Polk, etc. with the hope getting another Anthony Bonner type. We took Anthony Mitchell, have taken Tyronne Caswell, Carlos Skinner, etc.. The good ones like Laphonso Ellis, Jahid White (Cardinal Ritter), etc. never came. Then, when Dwayne Polk does not get enough playing time, Demitrius Johnson, Floyd Irons and others criticize. When Anthony Mitchell was let go, many feared that we would not get another East St. Louis kid. Hopefully, the days of pandering to lower level players and coaches is over. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If SLU wins 25 games each year, interested recruits from every school and background will be lining up and out the door and nit-picking will stop.

Like it or not, basketball student athletes seem to be more affected by people other than their parents and high school coach. Lack of strong and informed parents looking out for their son's future (basketball and academics) plus the presence of money leading to street agents, aau player brokers, etc. causes media types (especially those with agendas, bitterness, chips on their shoulders, etc.) to have greater influence than they should.

SLU needs to win games to put these issues aside. For years, we have tried to please certain communities. How many times have we taken a kid from a program to get/stay in good graces with the coach/school for the next kid to come along and then possibly go to our school. Many times, the next and really good kids considers us but chooses elsewhere because we are not "big time" enough. For instance, we have taken Vashon kids (Nick Kern, Dwayne Polk, etc. with the hope getting another Anthony Bonner type. We took Anthony Mitchell, have taken Tyronne Caswell, Carlos Skinner, etc.. The good ones like Laphonso Ellis, Jahid White (Cardinal Ritter), etc. never came. Then, when Dwayne Polk does not get enough playing time, Demitrius Johnson, Floyd Irons and others criticize. When Anthony Mitchell was let go, many feared that we would not get another East St. Louis kid. Hopefully, the days of pandering to lower level players and coaches is over. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If SLU wins 25 games each year, interested recruits from every school and background will be lining up and out the door and nit-picking will stop.

SLU will never win 25 games with RM as the head coach. He needs to recruit better players.

Absolutely.

Posted Image

Reminiscent of that badass monochrome half-dozen frame reverse dunk from Double Dribble®. Only a werewolf. In glorious Technicolor.

Jimbo,

That is truly funny! Keep up the good work. I can't stop laughing at the picture. That's good stuff!

It's only a matter of time before the complete lack of werewolves costs RM his job.

Also, I heard we've got a new assistant coach, killer werewolf recruiter.

Posted Image

During the day, a pretty good match for Ashley Judd over at Kentucky...

Posted Image

Posted Image