Seat Selection Rankings

gives people the weekend to calm down about their draft position.... :P

Still a bummer they didn't get it out Tuesday. I would have had it in hand by now, right before I come back to St. Louis for the weekend.

How accessible is the new arena? Is it on lockdown when there aren't events going on? I was hoping to at least poke my head in and check the place out and get an idea of where I want to target for seats.

Still a bummer they didn't get it out Tuesday. I would have had it in hand by now, right before I come back to St. Louis for the weekend.

How accessible is the new arena? Is it on lockdown when there aren't events going on? I was hoping to at least poke my head in and check the place out and get an idea of where I want to target for seats.

My guess (and hope) is that it will be "open" 24 x 7 because it houses the coaches offices, training room, weight room, etc. If SLU decides (or already did decide) to restrict access to coaches and athletes, then fine. For instance, if I wanted to, I could walk in off the street and use/go thru the library, class rooms, etc. As a compromise, I would not have a problem closing the building to the public/general student body but I would hope that each athlete be given an electronic key/pass to get in, hang out with the coaches when they stay late, use the weights at midnight if they want, etc. Would love first hand info from athletes, students, etc.

pistol graduation is next saturday so the arena will be open for the commencement. i would think it will be easy to stroll around a little.

I just got a message from Mark Wright that the letters are in the mail as of yesterday and should be received by us either today or tomorrow depending on mail delivery.

I got mine in the mail today. About what I expected. Can't wait to get in there and claim my seats.

kshoe, just curious if you are ranked higher or lower than you expected?

I am trying to calculate my Billiken points relative to what is listed on my seat selection notice.

Can someone please explain to me how the points system works for Billiken Club donations? If I have been a Billiken Club member for the last six seasons at the starting level ($125), how many points should I get for my participation? The points system is listed here, but I cannot figure out what the following means in this circumstance:

-1 point awarded for every $50 per current active membership of Billiken Club or athletic endowment

-2 points awarded for each consecutive year of Billiken Club membership, starting July 1 of the current fiscal year, for a gift at the same or greater level

Does that mean I receive 4 points per year or 2 points per year for payment of my membership fee?

I am trying to calculate my Billiken points relative to what is listed on my seat selection notice.

Can someone please explain to me how the points system works for Billiken Club donations? If I have been a Billiken Club member for the last six seasons at the starting level ($125), how many points should I get for my participation? The points system is listed here, but I cannot figure out what the following means in this circumstance:

Does that mean I receive 4 points per year or 2 points per year for payment of my membership fee?

Not sure if this helps but Margo had explained to me that you if you were a member for, I believe, 3 straight years, you received a "bonus". I don't believe you receive a bonus for every 3 year period but this was another of the unique and not published and/or widely published rules.

As to the drop by 50 positions, my guess is that many of these 50 can be explained as longtime ticket holders who were not BC members.

i fell from 284 to 337 even adding 39.25 points.

what i wish i still had was my letter following the 2005-2006 year to see what my ranking was then.

if you all remember, last year's rankings took out all the non billiken club members and put them at the end of the line. if i had that 2006 rankings, it would give a better view of how many non members reupped from before. i am thinking i was around 450 before the reranking last year. but not sure.

kshoe, just curious if you are ranked higher or lower than you expected?

Roy, I ended up about where I expected at 416.

This was the first year I've had season tics in my name but have been a BC member since I graduated and gave a fair amount to the arena so thats where most of my points come from.

In the Spring I estimated how many points I would have based on my activity since last year and it was dead on.

The thread we had about a month ago did shed some light on why many of you are experiencing a drop in ranking. The previous rankings did not include long term season ticket holders that had not been BC members. Once those people joined at the minimum rate their 20+ years of season tickets jumped ahead of many people in the 200-400 point range. I still don't believe anyobdy ranked 50th last year could drop 50 spots from such people so I'll be interested to see what that poster (I forget who it was) has as his ranking.

I added 26 points within the last year and dropped from around 600 to 745. I guess their fundraising scheme is working.

I added 24 points and had the 58 slot drop. I think those saying that the drop for me is accountable to long time season tix holders now joining the BC may be the reason for this. From what I understand, they were letting non BC members to join retroactively after last season had already ended for 2007 and then join for 2008 and they were then considered meeting the membership requirements. So, if there were season tix holders who had been buying tix for over 35 years but were not BC members all those years then they could have jumped over me. Last year's rankings would not have reflected this since they would have not joined by the time the rankings had come out. I have had season tix for over 30 years - not sure exactly how long - anyway, the fact that I have been buying for so long and have been a member of the BC for a long time, that probably protected me from falling as much as some of you did.

Nark, you should earn 4 points for that combo. 2 points (I assume they round down) for the $125 and 2 more for the consecutive membership bonus. For an extra $25 a year you can get an extra point so maybe $150 is the "better" membership fee.

Outsider's question:

What do the points get you in years where you're not necessarily moving into a new arena. It seems you get priority seat placement at the new stadium, but what does increasing your points gain you next year? We don't do this at Xavier, so I don't understand the system and am curious how it works. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Nark, you should earn 4 points for that combo. 2 points (I assume they round down) for the $125 and 2 more for the consecutive membership bonus. For an extra $25 a year you can get an extra point so maybe $150 is the "better" membership fee.

Am I correct in saying that the 2 Billiken Club bonus points only apply to the last three seasons (i.e., it went in effect after 2003)? If that is correct, then my points are accurate.

not for certain but pretty sure mine is all screwed up.

My wife got a ticket notice but i consolidated our account when we were married years ago. I did not get one. No mention of billiken club donation... Something seems to be afoot....

Their paperwork and tracking system is atrocious. You would think they could send you a spreadsheet every time that shows your entire point history and the basis for the calculations.

Their paperwork and tracking system is atrocious. You would think they could send you a spreadsheet every time that shows your entire point history and the basis for the calculations.

I recall distinctly that I talked to Margo and she did it while I was on the phone and they sent me an "updated" point breakdown after they consolidated. (for what its worth, we are both SLU grads and neither got credit for being alumni, pretty nice huh?)

Maybe to correct one is coming in the mail tomorrow but it still doesn't explain why my wife's 8 points are still on her own....

Outsider's question:

What do the points get you in years where you're not necessarily moving into a new arena. It seems you get priority seat placement at the new stadium, but what does increasing your points gain you next year? We don't do this at Xavier, so I don't understand the system and am curious how it works. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

To my knowledge their are two reasons to keep your points in good standing and to accumulate as many as possible.

1) They plan to reshuffle the seats every 3-5 years (the exact time frame will likely depend on how hot the ticket is) and those with top points will again get to pick the best seats

2) Any post-season tickets will be sold with first priority going to the higher points people. Hopefully someday we'll actually get to test that part of the system out :lol:

I have a question for you, if Xavier doesn't do some sort of points thing how would Final Four tickets have been sold to the X fans if they wanted more than the amount alloted from the NCAA? Big boosters would surely come first, right?