You know what.....Screw Josh!

brianstl

Couldn't have said it any better. His game decisions have always left me scratching my head.

Pistol, Chaminade has a couple of impressive athletes to look out for. The first would be the manbeast o-lineman Jack Meiners who recently verballed to Mizzou. The other two are Bradley Beal and Brandon Hannah. They both started as freshmen for the baskeball team and Hannah started at receiver on the football field.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are sad. If he had chosen SLU everyone would be singing his praises today.

This thread is not a high mark for Billikens.com

I tend to agree with an earlier post which said that if he had chosen SLU, Mizzou, Illinois or SIU. It would have made more sense considering the PR war he waged to get out of WIU. "His people" even got Bernie (the top sports columnist this side of the state) to write a column -- one month ago -- about how he needed to be close to home and that it was unfair that WIU was dragging their feet because JH had a family problems.

Quotes from Bernie's article

While in high school, late in 2006, Harrellson signed a national letter of intent to attend Western Illinois. But because of a family crisis, Harrellson wanted to be closer to home and changed his mind. Harrellson was also concerned with rumors that WIU would fire head coach Derek Thomas, who recruited him.

I tried to get an explanation as to why Western Illinois is being so vindictive and cruel toward a player who had a change of heart due to family concerns, but WIU director of athletics Tim Van Alstine didn't return a message left for him.

First, I agree WIU was wrong. But the way this played out is pretty slimy. He got played by the system (WIU) and then played the system (need to be close to home b/c of family problems, Bernie, St. Louis, etc) when it suited him to get out of a situation. The anger is not that he chose UK over SLU. It is the appeal to St. Louisians to help him get close to home and then goes to the bright lights of UK.

For what its worth, I have never been angry (disappointed-yes) against a local kid for a choice of school be it Jahidi White, Chris Carrawell, or more recently Suggs, Matt Shaw, etc.

where in this thread have i said anything about rickma? you are beyond mental bbf.

HUH????? Are you trying to say that because you haven't trashed Majerus in this particular thread, that we are supposed to ignore all your posts in other threads? Roy, you are sounding like a small child. At least be man enought to admit that you have bad mouthed Majerus on numerous occasions.

HUH????? Are you trying to say that because you haven't trashed Majerus in this particular thread, that we are supposed to ignore all your posts in other threads? Roy, you are sounding like a small child. At least be man enought to admit that you have bad mouthed Majerus on numerous occasions.

oh i see, you dont want to answer your wrongness on harrelson by deflecting to my comments on rickma's non-civility in the past. got it. btw, does a man hide behind a fake name like big bills fan?

oh i see, you dont want to answer your wrongness on harrelson by deflecting to my comments on rickma's non-civility in the past. got it. btw, does a man hide behind a fake name like big bills fan?

roy, you have become a joke on this board. I now see why many here were glad when you left. I am not about to apologize for passing on info on this board. I am also not about to apologize for a 19 year old who changed his mind, when a big time school offered. Again, roy, i am sick and tired of the way you try to bully people on this board and question their integrity because they don't choose to publish their name on a public forum. It is actually not a bright thing to do in this day and age. However for some like you, the thought of being a celebrity ( in their mind ) is to compelling to resist.

Now, the fact is you have been a poor representative of SLU with your constant bashing of Majerus. After all Roy, with the way you talk about Majerus, would you ever recommend some one to attend SLU, with him as coach? If you had a son, would you want him to play for Majerus? Be truthful Roy, you can't have it both ways. Also, Roy, it's pretty funny that you can trash Harrellson's playing ability, when you had never seen him play, yet some one who has actually spoken to him shouldn't be able to pass on info that he has been told.

I should stay out of this, and perhaps I missed something, but I can't resist. Is Billiken a first name or surname - is it Billiken Roy or Roy Billiken? Cool though that Billiken is in your name and your a SLU fan!

But BBF, you ask a good question (and I'm not sure you even meant to but it may get one thread off JH). I am a RM supporter, he's a winner and going to turn SLU into a winner (and I can't see why some are still against his hiring)... but let's be honest, his style is not for everyone. Some are players coaches and some are hard on players. I would have hated to play for RM, tough love didn't make me want to compete harder it turned me away. Some athletes need confidence boosting, not verbal abuse. I am perfectly fine with someone turning SLU down because of RM and his style. He'll get others...

roy, you have become a joke on this board. I now see why many here were glad when you left. I am not about to apologize for passing on info on this board. I am also not about to apologize for a 19 year old who changed his mind, when a big time school offered. Again, roy, i am sick and tired of the way you try to bully people on this board and question their integrity because they don't choose to publish their name on a public forum. It is actually not a bright thing to do in this day and age. However for some like you, the thought of being a celebrity ( in their mind ) is to compelling to resist.

Now, the fact is you have been a poor representative of SLU with your constant bashing of Majerus. After all Roy, with the way you talk about Majerus, would you ever recommend some one to attend SLU, with him as coach? If you had a son, would you want him to play for Majerus? Be truthful Roy, you can't have it both ways. Also, Roy, it's pretty funny that you can trash Harrellson's playing ability, when you had never seen him play, yet some one who has actually spoken to him shouldn't be able to pass on info that he has been told.

i've answered that question a number of times. no i would not reccomend anyone play for rick majerus considering the civility he has exhibited this past year with our players, one now ex coach, the media, and the fans. i thought he was out of line with getting involved in the social issues fiasco. and the sports illustrated article was an embarrassment.

i think beyond the genius that he truly is as a floor coach and his track record of improving a number of players past what anyone ever believed they would be, the bad overrides the good. that said, there is no reason he wont start treating his players differently now that he has his own players, there is no reason to believe his life will begin to calm down and he will have more time to embrace the media and the fan base. surely he will have the sense not to put saint louis in the political arena anymore and i would hope we dont hear the sports illustrated stories while in st louis. if so, rickma becomes more loveable everyday.

now just to point out, you brought this up. not me. you knew what the answer would be and seem to want to make a point. your are indeed a big man. thus big bills fan. good for you.

I should stay out of this, and perhaps I missed something, but I can't resist. Is Billiken a first name or surname - is it Billiken Roy or Roy Billiken? Cool though that Billiken is in your name and your a SLU fan!

But BBF, you ask a good question (and I'm not sure you even meant to but it may get one thread off JH). I am a RM supporter, he's a winner and going to turn SLU into a winner (and I can't see why some are still against his hiring)... but let's be honest, his style is not for everyone. Some are players coaches and some are hard on players. I would have hated to play for RM, tough love didn't make me want to compete harder it turned me away. Some athletes need confidence boosting, not verbal abuse. I am perfectly fine with someone turning SLU down because of RM and his style. He'll get others...

click on my moniker and then click on my member profile. then click on big bills fan's and compare information. imo, if you want to make comments and debate issues, you dam well better be willing to stand behind those statements personally. thus, i do not hide my identity. imo all message boards should require your identification for that reason. i would bet a lot of the attacks would stop.

You guys sound like a bunch of school girls fighting over a guy that everyone likes but he doesn't like you. Most of your fan base are very smart and bright. But Brian and Roy have continued to show that they have no clue!!!

BBF, there is no reason to be blaming Roy on this one. He was the only person on this entire board who called this from the beginning. From the BS family reason, to the SWIC coaches, to us not being big-time enough. He is right that josh should have signed with us right out of SWIC. I think JH's actions show that he might actually have been the one lying about whether Brad told him to wait or not (but we'll still never know). Roy has every right to say I told you so. josh's decision had nothing to do with Roy's posts. He said nothing worse than what was written in that SI article.

click on my moniker and then click on my member profile. then click on big bills fan's and compare information. imo, if you want to make comments and debate issues, you dam well better be willing to stand behind those statements personally. thus, i do not hide my identity. imo all message boards should require your identification for that reason. i would bet a lot of the attacks would stop.

That's a tough one, esp. for people with high profile jobs or posting at work. I have no problem with anonymity, but agree it would cut down on senseless posts (and posts in general).

IMO, you take it too far. If you look at the second part of my previous post you'll see I agree that RM is not for everyone (and it would be foolish to recommend someone go to SLU who won't fit) but he is for some. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend someone to go to SLU if they fit with RM. It is kind of disappointing that you're a fan and wouldn't recommend anyone to go to SLU.

i've answered that question a number of times. no i would not reccomend anyone play for rick majerus considering the civility he has exhibited this past year with our players, one now ex coach, the media, and the fans. i thought he was out of line with getting involved in the social issues fiasco. and the sports illustrated article was an embarrassment.

i think beyond the genius that he truly is as a floor coach and his track record of improving a number of players past what anyone ever believed they would be, the bad overrides the good. that said, there is no reason he wont start treating his players differently now that he has his own players, there is no reason to believe his life will begin to calm down and he will have more time to embrace the media and the fan base. surely he will have the sense not to put saint louis in the political arena anymore and i would hope we dont hear the sports illustrated stories while in st louis. if so, rickma becomes more loveable everyday.

now just to point out, you brought this up. not me. you knew what the answer would be and seem to want to make a point. your are indeed a big man. thus big bills fan. good for you.

I believe it was slufanskip who speculated that some folks are hostile toward RM because of his politics. I think there is no question that clouds some people's judgement. It's funny how talking politicis is only a problem for some people when the opinions that are being stated don't jive with their beliefs. BTW, Orin Hatch is a RM friend and one of the politicians he admires the most, so that might help some folks feel better.

Quit the crap about how badly AT was treated. AT is lucky he had his job this past year and given time to land on his feet and find another job.

BBF, there is no reason to be blaming Roy on this one. He was the only person on this entire board who called this from the beginning. From the BS family reason, to the SWIC coaches, to us not being big-time enough. He is right that josh should have signed with us right out of SWIC. I think JH's actions show that he might actually have been the one lying about whether Brad told him to wait or not (but we'll still never know). Roy has every right to say I told you so. josh's decision had nothing to do with Roy's posts. He said nothing worse than what was written in that SI article.

Amen.

JH should have done a number of things differently. He didn't and therefore has continued to show he is a classless individual. His version of the Brad (wait until Spring) incident is a total fabrication (which caused problems and heated words between posters on this Board) which he said for one reason: to justify and try to explain away why he was such a dope for signing with WIU in the first place.

I know his personal family reason and have not disclosed the same on this Board because, unlike JH, I still respect family privacy and have standards which obviously are much higher than JH.

It must be tough going to the games knowing you can't stand the coach. So, be consistent Roy, and make sure you tell every potential recruit, their coaches, and their families, that RM is an ass, and that you would recommend they don't go to SLU. That's the kind of boosters we need for this program, one's who put their own personal biases and grudges ahead of what is best for the school, Way to go Roy, I mean Billiken Roy.

It must be tough going to the games knowing you can't stand the coach. So, be consistent Roy, and make sure you tell every potential recruit, their coaches, and their families, that RM is an ass, and that you would recommend they don't go to SLU. That's the kind of boosters we need for this program, one's who put their own personal biases and grudges ahead of what is best for the school, Way to go Roy, I mean Billiken Roy.

you act as though i have some sort of audience with potential recruits. you are a joke. i dont have influence with any potential billikens.

i have no grudge against rickma. i have detailed many times the positives. i dont like the way he handles people. i suspect it might have been a one year issue. but until then, i would be hypocritical to tell anyone how i feel about his interpersonal skills if i said otherwise. you bring it up i answered it.

you act as though i have some sort of audience with potential recruits. you are a joke. i dont have influence with any potential billikens.

i have no grudge against rickma. i have detailed many times the positives. i dont like the way he handles people. i suspect it might have been a one year issue. but until then, i would be hypocritical to tell anyone how i feel about his interpersonal skills if i said otherwise. you bring it up i answered it.

Actually Roy, you do have an audience on this board. I would venture that nearly every potential recruit and their families visit this board during their recruiting process. How much influence do you have? I have no idea, but I can say with certainty that it doesn't help with their recruitment when you are trashing our coach. As for being hypocrital, aren't you the same person who wishes RM would not publicly air his grievances with his players? why can't you air you grievances with him privately as well?

Actually Roy, you do have an audience on this board. I would venture that nearly every potential recruit and their families visit this board during their recruiting process. How much influence do you have? I have no idea, but I can say with certainty that it doesn't help with their recruitment when you are trashing our coach. As for being hypocrital, aren't you the same person who wishes RM would not publicly air his grievances with his players? why can't you air you grievances with him privately as well?

now not only do i have influence with recruits you think i am on some sort of first name "let's have drinks" basis with rickma? this gets better all the time.

Count me in this category as well. I have said some negative things over the years and most likely am scaring away recruits too. For that matter, and for the sake of not offending any recruit or would-be recruit, no one should ever post anything controversial or diagree with anyone.

While we're at it, no discussing personnel, strategies, player weaknesses, etc. because opposing coaches also are reading us.

Get real. :rolleyes:

now not only do i have influence with recruits you think i am on some sort of first name "let's have drinks" basis with rickma? this gets better all the time.

Where did I say you have drinks with RM? Why are you unable to send a letter to RM or the administration about your concerns? Don't you think that would be the respectable way Roy rather than trashing him publicly? The fact is you are a phony, you demand more of our coach ethically, than you are willing to do your self. You take the high moral ground only when it serves your agenda

Where did I say you have drinks with RM? Why are you unable to send a letter to RM or the administration about your concerns? Don't you think that would be the respectable way Roy rather than trashing him publicly? The fact is you are a phony, you demand more of our coach ethically, than you are willing to do your self. You take the high moral ground only when it serves your agenda

so if rickma got a letter or e-mail from me he would correct his interpersonal faults. ok. i'll give that a try.

i think i am pretty consistent with my moral stands. i fail to see what discussing what public figures do or say on a day to day basis would have nothing to do with my own morals.

Count me in this category as well. I have said some negative things over the years and most likely am scaring away recruits too. For that matter, and for the sake of not offending any recruit or would-be recruit, no one should ever post anything controversial or diagree with anyone.

While we're at it, no discussing personnel, strategies, player weaknesses, etc. because opposing coaches also are reading us.

Get real. :rolleyes:

You are missing the point, I'm not saying that people shouldn't be able to discuss their point of view good or bad on this forum. My point with Roy, is that he is outraged by the vary things that he does to others. It is a fact that people do read this board ( ask BT's mom). Where have I told anyone not to post? I'm just surprised that the person who proclaims himself to be the #1 Billiken fan feels that he is helping our program by his comments.

Guest BillikenReport

Get real. ;)

I've had parents of a few SLU recruits ask me about negative comments made by Roy on this board.

I've had parents of a few SLU recruits ask me about negative comments made by Roy on this board.

The thing that really amazes me about all of the inane back and forth that goes on on this board is that I guarantee that all of you guys are supposed to be AT WORK! while all of this stuff is going on. It's amazing how the traffic on this board slows to a crawl when everyone goes home on Friday evening. If I was the employer for all of you guys I would be pissed off and highly entertained at the same time. BRoy, all I can say is I hope you are self-employed, because your volume of posting is consistently obscene.