Bills win 69-62 ..

RecCenterRat

thhis is an absolutely amazing come from behind win. When we were down by 15 late in the first half I was convinced we woud lose by double digits.

This team never, never quits!!! That is directly attributable to the coaches and their never say die attitude.

I thought the adjustments at half were brilliant. After Ian missed many shots and could not compete with Browns's strength and TOm was too hurt to play, the coach brought in JJ and he played a terrible 2 minutes or so. we went to the locker room with heads down.

Then, surprise of surprises, the coaches start Varner in the second half in an attempt to bring Andre Brown away from the basket and he scores 10 points with 2 three pointers and he muscles inside on defense to help clog the lane and box out. Incredible.

In terms of our offense--50 points in the second half-- the entire key was Drejaj. Reggie his some very nice 3s but it is Drejaj who keeps the ball moving and penetrating so that Reggie can get open shots. Also, our screening was excellent and Reggie was making great cuts off those screens.

JJ played better in the second half but he missed all of his shots. He did seem to keep hustling. He needs to work on fundamentals but his energy is helpful. At times we had Varner and JJ as our two low post inside players.

This is the best come from behind victory against a good team on the road taht I can remember. Wow!!!!

drejaj had a great game, varner had a great game, while justin johnson's line may not look great, i thought it was his best game, josh was josh, and reggie was fantastic. the one cross over three from about 5 feet behind the line straight out from the basket was a killer, but i think the real "turning point", drejaj banks in the three and makes the foul shot for the four point play. that had to be a dagger in the depaul heart.

that is one talented team we beat today.

the Drejaj three off the bank was very early in the game and moved us to only a 5 point deficit or so. We then proceeded to go down by another 10 points or so before scoring a bucket before halftime. To me the turning point was at halftime when Brad put Varner in and told them to start popping from the outside. It was the only way we were going to win with Brown on the inside swatting everything away. the only other possible turning point was when the refs looked up in the 2nd half and realized team fouls were 8-1. I think they realized they were cheating us at that point and called the game fairly from then on. Why doesn't Terry Moore ever do one of our home games. I'd love to tell him what I think of him up close.

Wow! Sign Guy may be right on and maybe we do have another 7 game end of season run in us. We sure did avenge the loss and it is spooky that DePaul repeated what we did...blow a big 1st half lead and let's not forget that they were a hot team on what seemed to be a major roll and playing at home. Lots and lots of kudos to our coaching staff and players for showing a huge heart and coming back to win a very big game in enemy territory.

The Cincy game looms very large and would get me to thinking that we are back in the CUSA race if we can pull that upset. I mean Louisville is sinking fast. Who's going to win this thing???

Drejaj is really playing so much better of late ... it seems as he found his shot ... he found his confidence ... he is penettrating and kicking the ball out ... Reggie had more open looks than I have seen in a while and that can be attributed to AD's movement and confidence with the ball. I have been on him so Kudos to AD ... not just this game but the last few he has been a huge asset.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman