East Side Hoops - Tommie L.

Box and Won

For those that worry too much it sounds like he needs to raise his ACT by 2 points (certainly not enough to draw concern from the NCAA) and certainly doable. If he takes it enough times, the standard deviation alone (you can get lucky/unlucky on any one time taking the test) ought to get him the 2 points.

I also liked hearing Rusty Lischs' nice comments about Soderberg.

I also was encouraged by the fact that he missed by two points. You can make that up by practice and tutoring without any problem from the NCAA in my opinion.

I think the rule on partial quailfiers is that they initially lose a year but if they stay on course in the classroom they can petition to get the year back.

I think I understand the problem now. To take advantage of the lower test scores afforded by partial qualifier status, you need higher than a 2.5 GPA. See the link:

http://www.ncaa.org/eligibility/cbsa/academic.html

To be a full qualifier, you need a 17 on the ACT no matter what your GPA. But you can score a 15 on the ACT and be a partial qualifier -- if you have a 2.7 GPA. Tommie's chances of raising his ACT score by 2 points are actually better than raising his four year GPA by .2 in only one semester.

>I thought it kind of interesting they quoted Rusty Lisch.

>And thought the quote was very complimentary of UB. Whoaa,

>could we be in for some good times at SLU if TL makes it and

>Lisch signs up as well. C'mon show yourself you big PF.

I got the same impression. Sounds like Mr Lisch has a lot of respect for Mr Soderberg. At the Collinsville Tourney in December Kevin Lisch's teammates said that SLU was his favorites. One can only hope that is true. Highmark, H-Bomb, and Hughes- Liddell, Lisch, Polk, Meyer sounds good.

... will win most poker hands! What were they ..... 31s each time? But tell him to stop signing the forms as "Xavier" Mueller, "LeBron" Mueller, "Darius" Mueller, and "Carmello" Mueller. The joke is getting old!

taj said, "31s each time?"

I wish! if it was, we wouldnt be doing the home equity thing right now. however he did good enough that he is eligible to play ncaa d-1 sports next year. the killer is one more point and he probably would have gotten an nice chunk of change on slu program for nuclear medicine which he is planning to go into. if the lovely anita wasnt a slu nurse though (which guarantees 2/3 of the tuition), no way he would even be considering slu.