Majerus going nuts....

DirtyRican

CBSSPORTSLINE-front page news

http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/entry/5881996/6672363

I wish Paulie B could get this type of press for the double breasted jackets. He goes db tonight in Philly the Bills are lock to cover.

Shouldn't this be considered a badge of honor?

The officiating at Charlotte was beyond bad, as has been well chronicled on this board.

Shouldn't this be considered a badge of honor?

The officiating at Charlotte was beyond bad, as has been well chronicled on this board.

I would agree....I do wonder what the obscene gesture was? I kinda hope he turned around, stuck his arse out to the ref and gave it a semi-squat. He is already my hero but that would take him to another level never seen

ok so lets get this straight. Majerus had choice words when the officials messed up. this is a big story???

I recall the call but I don't remember RM going nuts over it. I was mid-court on the other side. What surprises me is that if it was a big deal the Charlotte student section would have went crazy with that kind of a gesture. They are right in back of the scorers table.

Anyway, I think these A10 refs need this and I hope the new commish, when he or she arrives, does something to improve the quality of the officiating.

I recall the call but I don't remember RM going nuts over it. I was mid-court on the other side. What surprises me is that if it was a big deal the Charlotte student section would have went crazy with that kind of a gesture. They are right in back of the scorers table.

Anyway, I think these A10 refs need this and I hope the new commish, when he or she arrives, does something to improve the quality of the officiating.

The play in question was the shot clock being reset after what appeared to be a Charlotte airball. Lutz said the Charlotte shot hit the bottom of the rim. Apparently, that's how the play was ruled.

But that was just the tip of the iceberg re the officating in that game. It was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen (in this case on TV), and that is saying something. SLU clearly got the shaft from the zebras in this debacle, which begs the question of why. Charlotte came into the A-10 at the same time as SLU, is not a contender this season, so there's no reason for the A-10 to be benefiting Charlotte, especially when there is talk that Charlotte will leave the A-10 if it gets a football program.

Also, why are the Charlotte students allowed to sit behind the scorer's table, and even more so behind the SLU bench? At the wild scenes at Stanford and Cal, at least the students are on the other side of the court. I raise this because there was persistent heckling of Kevin Lisch during that game, and students were standing right behind the SLU bench. And, even more so, I read that the A-10 moved the SLU Band at Scottrade Center to the other side of the section behind the basket. The SLU Band used to be located directly perpendicular to the opponent's bench. Why hasn't the A-10 moved those Charlotte students? Obviously, this is just a minor gripe in the overall scheme of things. The bigger problem with the A-10 is the men in striped shirts.

Also, why are the Charlotte students allowed to sit behind the scorer's table, and even more so behind the SLU bench?

Charlotte students cannot sit behind the visitor bench. Student section is behind the Charlotte bench though. Haven't been behind the visitor bench since the days of Huggins coming to Halton... I agree that major changes need to be made with respect to officiating in the A10.

I was in the Charlotte student section and will even admit to being on Majarus' *** a lot during the game. He did in fact overreact to the scores table people and shot them the bird and stated the phrase "Phuck you" (if you know what I mean)

Not stirring up anything just throwing out the facts. I respect Ole Rick but he lost the battle in the one.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the season guys.

I was in the Charlotte student section and will even admit to being on Majarus' *** a lot during the game. He did in fact overreact to the scores table people and shot them the bird and stated the phrase "Phuck you" (if you know what I mean)

Not stirring up anything just throwing out the facts. I respect Ole Rick but he lost the battle in the one.

I'm a bit unclear on this part:

"Phuck you"

What is this referring to?

He clearly was saying "Not Two". That is how Majerus lets people know he wants a brat.

How did he lose the battle? You fans taunted him and he flipped you the bird ... I'd call it a tie. Now if he would have flipped it out and pissed on a fan ... he'd get the win, but just the bird only gives him a tie.

How did he lose the battle? You fans taunted him and he flipped you the bird ... I'd call it a tie. Now if he would have flipped it out and pissed on a fan ... he'd get the win, but just the bird only gives him a tie.

Never did Rick turn to the students and flick us off. It was only towards the man operating the shot clock. I'm sure we were not helping the situation though. It was funny either way, I enjoyed it. No harm in a little bird action!

Never did Rick turn to the students and flick us off. It was only towards the man operating the shot clock. I'm sure we were not helping the situation though. It was funny either way, I enjoyed it. No harm in a little bird action!

this whole string has denegrated into almost sounding like the scene in "porky's" when the fat lady gym teacher is trying to explain to the principal that tommy was sticking his johnson through the hole in the wall at her and she had it in her grasp but he got away.

before IT even happens, jimbo, dont post it. :D

this whole string has denegrated into almost sounding like the scene in "porky's" when the fat lady gym teacher is trying to explain to the principal that tommy was sticking his johnson through the hole in the wall at her and she had it in her grasp but he got away.

before IT even happens, jimbo, dont post it. :D

PLEASE, PLEASE!!! Can we call it a tallywacker? Johnson is so personal.