Cotto

NextYearBill

Anybody going to Alton friday night to watch Cotto vs Edwardsville?

What's the latest on our interest in Cotto and his interest in us? Recall that Brad allowed very little info to leak out about recruiting but that many commented that RM was much more open in pursuing our 5 recruits for next year.

Are the streets no longer talking?

if any of you do go to see cotto vs edwardsville, you might want to take notice of a sophomore that starts for edwardsville named will triggs. the kid is just loaded with potential. just an unbelieveable body for a high school sophomore plus you will see the level of poise and activity he plays as well. i hope we are watching that kid as well as cotto. they will not match up though as triggs is purely the power forward for edwardsville.

cotto will be challenged by a very nice player for edwardsville, brandon hogg. so whatever cotto does, will be as a result of being challenged by a very good player.

edwardsville lost their first game of the year last night in what must have been a war game with o'fallon. both are ranked in the top 10 in the state. so cotto is playing against probably the best team in the st louis area imo in edwardsville.

What's the latest on our interest in Cotto and his interest in us? Recall that Brad allowed very little info to leak out about recruiting but that many commented that RM was much more open in pursuing our 5 recruits for next year.

Are the streets no longer talking?

http://saintlouis.scout.com/

Very insightful artical with some good quotes...

I think that is a NCAA infraction.... lol

unless bigbill's fan has a previous longtime relationship with cotto you are correct. but he did give us the lol.

I'm gonna straight up tell him he should go to SLU and lie about all the hot girls hes gonna get

if next year Bill is really not a current student at SLU, if he is not an alum, not a booster as in someone who has given money to support the program is it covered anyway by the NCAA rules? Seems to me he has free speech rights until he meets one of my criteria.

Someone who knows for sure could comment and Next year Bill could say if he has been or done any of these three.

I'm gonna straight up tell him he should go to SLU and lie about all the hot girls hes gonna get

if next year Bill is really not a current student at SLU, if he is not an alum, not a booster as in someone who has given money to support the program is it covered anyway by the NCAA rules? Seems to me he has free speech rights until he meets one of my criteria.

Someone who knows for sure could comment and Next year Bill could say if he has been or done any of these three.

If you were an alumni of any university and your child, one of their friends, or any high school athlete was a potential college level athlete how would it be a violation if you recommended they go to your alma mater? I do not see how talking to an athlete about where you think they should go to school is a violation of any regulation. It is only your opinion and should not matter if you do not work for the school.

Tell Cotto whatever you want NextYearBill.

If you were an alumni of any university and your child, one of their friends, or any high school athlete was a potential college level athlete how would it be a violation if you recommended they go to your alma mater? I do not see how talking to an athlete about where you think they should go to school is a violation of any regulation. It is only your opinion and should not matter if you do not work for the school.

I hear ya EastSide, but who said the NCAA ever made sense?

From the SLU website regarding this subject.

Are You A Representative Of The University's Athletics Interest?

You are considered a "Representative of the University's Athletics Interests" (a booster) if you:

Are or have been a member of any organization promoting the SLU Athletics Departments.

Have ever made a donation to the Athletics Departments, to a men's or women's athletic program, or to any booster organization.

Have ever assisted in evaluating or recruiting prospects.

Have ever helped to arrange or have provided employment to enrolled student-athletes, prospects, or a prospect's parents or relatives.

Have promoted the University's athletics programs.

Once you become a Representative of the University's Athletics Interests, YOU retain this status FOREVER!

As a "Representative of the University's Athletics Interests," you are bound by NCAA, C-USA and Saint Louis University rules. Saint Louis University is RESPONSIBLE for your actions!

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/boosters/stlo...guidelines.html

From KShoe: If Next Year Bill is NOT a member of the Billiken Club or Blue Crew and has not promoted the athletics department, he can say whatever he wants to Cotto or any other highschool player.

From the SLU website regarding this subject.

Are You A Representative Of The University's Athletics Interest?

You are considered a "Representative of the University's Athletics Interests" (a booster) if you:

Are or have been a member of any organization promoting the SLU Athletics Departments.

Have ever made a donation to the Athletics Departments, to a men's or women's athletic program, or to any booster organization.

Have ever assisted in evaluating or recruiting prospects.

Have ever helped to arrange or have provided employment to enrolled student-athletes, prospects, or a prospect's parents or relatives.

Have promoted the University's athletics programs.

Once you become a Representative of the University's Athletics Interests, YOU retain this status FOREVER!

As a "Representative of the University's Athletics Interests," you are bound by NCAA, C-USA and Saint Louis University rules. Saint Louis University is RESPONSIBLE for your actions!

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/boosters/stlo...guidelines.html

From KShoe: If Next Year Bill is NOT a member of the Billiken Club or Blue Crew and has not promoted the athletics department, he can say whatever he wants to Cotto or any other highschool player.

I wonder if being on billikens.com (or any other message board) would be considered to be "promot[ing] the University's athletics programs"? If so, we're all screwed. :rolleyes:

it is my opinion that all of us should always just stay out of recruiting. if we know of a player that we think is worthy, send an e-mail to our coaches and let them handle it.

i watched kevin lisch from the time he was 6 years old and never once approached him about slu. i might have made a "look good in blue" comment once in a blue moon when in the midst of talking to the family about other things, but for the most part i felt it was soderberg's job to do and felt all i could do was more harm than good.

what might seem like an innocent helpful gesture, could easily be a horrible move that only does more harm than good.

just my opinion. but rickma gets paid big bucks to handle this in his way in his time.

Guest BillikenReport

Can someone give us the jest of what was said in the article.

Ruben Cotto will likely be making a decision soon.

(There is some really good stuff in the story, so you should consider subscribing to the site — or at least signing up for a free seven-day trial.)

- Nate

Apparently the Bullseye brothers read Nate's stuff.

http://ilprepbu.ipower.com/page21.html

"We believe that Ruben Cotto, the 6'0 guard from Alton High School in Alton, IL could be on the verge of committing to St. Louis University. We have not yet seen Cotto play this season so we can't comment on his game."

----

"The one setback with respect to Cotto's recruitment is that questions still abound as to whether or not he will qualify academically. As a result, the Billikens also recently offered a scholarship to 6'5 Kyle Cassity from Pinckneyville High School in Pinckneyville, IL, as first reported by Nate Latsch of Billiken Report.Com."

Guest BillikenReport

Apparently the Bullseye brothers read Nate's stuff.

And apparently they check out this board, because I wrote earlier on this board that if they are going to take info from my site they should at least attribute it to the source.

I guess one out of two this time isn't too bad.