Reginald Payne College Grad

Johnny Ricks College Grad

Russell Arms College Grad

Raymond Mouse Collins College Grad

Corey Warner College Grad

Montrell Nash College Grad

Mark Gant College Grad

Malcolm Nash College Grad

That is a good list. At least some of them went to college and graduated. I do not think the Nash brothers ever graduated they might have went to college for 4 years but I saw one of them working at the Crestwood Mall foot locket a year ago, nice guy but like he said to me, he should have taken worked harder in the classroom and not depend on basketball.

By the way what ever happened to George Clay the guy who transferred to the V from Riverview Gardens during the 90-91 season.

George Clay.. is that kid was kicked off the Riverview team and then mysteriously ended up at Vashon.... I remember that...

That is a good list. At least some of them went to college and graduated. I do not think the Nash brothers ever graduated they might have went to college for 4 years but I saw one of them working at the Crestwood Mall foot locket a year ago, nice guy but like he said to me, he should have taken worked harder in the classroom and not depend on basketball.

By the way what ever happened to George Clay the guy who transferred to the V from Riverview Gardens during the 90-91 season.

Its not about personal feelings. I represent the entire STL HOOPS INSIDER organization and I can't just go around bashing coaches. I wouldn't bash ANY area coach. We promote the area, not destroy it. Bash me all you want. Call me revolting or anything else you want. It happens anyway, in most every thread I post in. Usually moytoy. Why should this one be any different. Its not important. I'll continue to provide my insights and opinions on players and their abilities, which is all I did in my initial post that's being bashed.

That says enough to me about your "organization" that I'll never respect it. If you can't call out a coach at this point, what would it take?

PS Is it bashing a coach to point out the details of the Hill story? Floyd own words comdemn him. You refuse to do the same. Sad.................

That says enough to me about your "organization" that I'll never respect it. If you can't call out a coach at this point, what would it take?

PS Is it bashing a coach to point out the details of the Hill story? Floyd own words comdemn him. You refuse to do the same. Sad.................

Oh Lord, you've lost the respect of the guy in the insurance industry. How will you ever go on? I guess Rich took some time off from his religous intolerance soapbox to go after young people trying to help in the community. I guess crippled orphans are next on his list.

Oh Lord, you've lost the respect of the guy in the insurance industry. How will you ever go on? I guess Rich took some time off from his religous intolerance soapbox to go after young people trying to help in the community. I guess crippled orphans are next on his list.

Troll on Posty,

Point one: I do not need to defend my profession, certainly not to an internet troll. Perhaps you'd like to enlighten us as to what you do for a living? I guarantee that whatever profession you are a part of has some baggage.

Point two: I am extremely tolerant of other religions. I do have a problem with the some of the leaders in and some of the adherents of probably every major and minor world religion. As to "young people trying to help in the community," ethics and morality such as displyed here by V, will inevitably lead to corruption and dirty dealing in the community.

Point three: For the record crippled orphans are alright by me.

As I read about the unbelievable doings of the Vashon felon-putting two 14-17 year old boys up in an apartment where they were on their own miles away from their family- I was struck with the Alton connection. Wasn't the famed referee, Ed Hightower the head of Alton high school during that timeframe? It is hard for me to believe that someone so tied into basketball and Alton didn't know about the Hill brothers as they were moving out of 8th grade. Surely the Alton coach knew about them and just as surely the coach and Hightower must have at least discussed it. I thought Ed H. would be above covering something like this up. Am I wrong about Ed's timeframe at Alton? If not, then his ethics are at least in question.

I am yet to hear apologies from some of the politically correct crowd, such as Billiken Frank C., who helped the Felon raise lots of $$$ by promoting some of his fund raisers. It was often that FC would interview the Felon and kiss his @$$ during the interview, yet now I have not heard FC say anything about his old buddy. Frank, this just goes to show you what political correctness can sometimes lead to.

Wow, let's take a shot at Ed Hightower now! Come on.

First of all, I thought Hightower was the superintendent of the Edwardsville school system, not principal of Alton high school. Maybe you should look up some facts before making a "just in case" bashing post. Maybe you should review your own ethics.

The alegations about Duke and hiring family members and overpayng them is true. I don't remember the exact facts, but there has to be a limit of what the NCAA can control. The one instance I remember is maybe an Aunt being called a Mgr and being payed double what the previous Mgr made while actually performing a secretary's job, which was her position at her previous job.

I heard she injected Clemens.

A guy told me!

This is all baloney, some of it has some substance, perhaps. A few current Duke players have SAT's in the 1200's, so that means according to another slimeball on this board that to average 800 some of the other players would have to be in the 400's.

Bottom line, a lot of schools make exceptions for basketball and (especially) football players.

But Duke does not have jock hiding foo-foo-basket-weaving-PE-courses to hide players like a lot of schools do.

Tell me what school you would like SLU to most emulate as it relates to: academics, "class" coach, "class program", non-thug players, and consistent winning performance for 15 years, better than Duke?

Put aside jealousy and think. ND? Stanford? VD? GT? Remember, most of the state schools have the jock-hiding courses.

Rich, did you notice that postcard has taken the "insurance" shot at you, just like Mizzouphan used to do? I wonder why a guy who was banned on this board is allowed to continue to post?

You spend far too much time on internet message boards and not enough time trying to find a good job. I didn't think the gas stations were closed on President's Day. Please get a job so you can afford going to the games like the rest of us.

Besides my point to Rich was I bet Vtime does much more for the community of St. Louis than Rich does so he shouldn't bag on V.

Ace, Fill up, Pump 4!

A guy told me!

This is all baloney, some of it has some substance, perhaps. A few current Duke players have SAT's in the 1200's, so that means according to another slimeball on this board that to average 800 some of the other players would have to be in the 400's.

Bottom line, a lot of schools make exceptions for basketball and (especially) football players.

But Duke does not have jock hiding foo-foo-basket-weaving-PE-courses to hide players like a lot of schools do.

Tell me what school you would like SLU to most emulate as it relates to: academics, "class" coach, "class program", non-thug players, and consistent winning performance for 15 years, better than Duke?

Put aside jealousy and think. ND? Stanford? VD? GT? Remember, most of the state schools have the jock-hiding courses.

When I was at SLU the jocks were all communications majors. The program was a joke for them. It's not like SLU was Harvard for those guys. The only real difference between the SLU communications program and a PE program is that SLU couldn't accept JUCO PE classes. Maybe it's changed since then, I'm not close to it anymore.

You spend far too much time on internet message boards and not enough time trying to find a good job. I didn't think the gas stations were closed on President's Day. Please get a job so you can afford going to the games like the rest of us.

Besides my point to Rich was I bet Vtime does much more for the community of St. Louis than Rich does so he shouldn't bag on V.

Ace, Fill up, Pump 4!

Say, ACE did work at a gas station. Would it really be in good taste to make fun of him for not being able to afford to go to the games.

Actually Ed was formerly the assistant Superintendent of schools in Alton among other positions in Alton.

i dont know if or when he was associated with alton, however, hightower has been at edwardsville for a long long time. he was definitely the adminstrator at edwardsville when the hill boys should have been at alton.

First of all I'm convinced Floyd was a great coach, if it had not been for greed and the need for more championships? He probably could have won at least a couple championships maybe more...with out cheating and still had a wonderful legacy. Now nothing he did in the past will be remembered but the cheating, Now his legacy will be a as a FELON, nothing more nothing less. A common criminal. Yea strip Vashon of a couple state titles. Like someone else said what about all the kids that he's hurt asking them to go to school at such a poor institution, that would have been better off at their original school. What about Dist teams he beat and sectional teams he beat that he cheated out of a chance to go to state. Those kids will never get any justice. That is the the real tragedy in this to me anyway. I just spoke to someone not long ago that said they lost to Vashon by two in a dist. championship game. What a shame that is.... ??

Coach K and Floyd comparison... there is NO comparison Roy, the difference is yours are still allegations with coach K, tell me again how you have first hand proof of this? Who do you know that close to the Duke program that knows all of this? Tell me again like you did before of how you came about all this info or ALLEGATIONS regarding coach K's program. Funny how you know all of this and the NCAA knows nothing? Hmm.... who do I believe? Floyds cheating is now proven Fact, not an accusation. There is a little difference between the two. Prove it to me Roy links, hard facts documentation.. if you can't you are no better then V time.

V time there is something called credibility. Every kid you come on here and mention D1 this D1 that..goes to your credibility. Because 90% of the kids you talk about don't make it... so when you do see one that is D1 material. No one believes you? Do you see my point? That is why so many posters on here attack you? D1 Coach's decide who is D1?

Now I will get off my soap box and go back to the Illini board. Sorry.. I just couldn't let this past with out getting my 02$ cents worth. Thank you too.. I do feel better.

griffster i am not going to spend a lot of time looking for something from 10-15 years ago. if my memory is off, so be it.

here is a quick google search link that i got. sure it has never been taken to the ncaa, but it's duke. they have their own set of rules.

http://www.truthaboutduke.com/duhon_quotes.php

as to the sociology major, yeah sure, jason williams gradutated in two and half years with ease. especially considering each summer jason was not in school, he was touring with the usa amateur team. so a school with the academic reputation of toughness allowed a basketball player that was traveling and playing basketball 365 days a year to be able to complete a major program and "earn" his undergrad degree a year and half early? that would mean that he was likely legitimately passing 24 credit hours per semester in that 2.5 years. griffster, i am sure coach k was real nice to you and your son. but please look through those rose colored glasses.

as to your assertion that vashon would have won more titles under floyd, sure, if floyd would have been allowed to continue to lie, cheat and recruit illegal rosters.

you are currently seeing the real vashon rosters. and you are seeing they are the same as the other schools in st louis basically.

Say, ACE did work at a gas station. Would it really be in good taste to make fun of him for not being able to afford to go to the games.

Absolutely. You obviously aren't familiar with the way he judges other posters. If he dishes he needs to be able to take it. I'm guessing he has been coddled all his life which is why he has a bad job and no future. Please note, I never mention Ace in my posts until he mentions me first.

To get back to the original point, I don't know STLI(V) from Adam not have I ever talked to him. I'm just guessing he's not getting rich off his website. From the little I've read on here by him, he appears to want to help some kids out by promoting them and helping them get college scholarships. I would think he has little to gain from this but of course I could be naive. Anyways, for Rich to attack his credibility is absurd.

This is about Floyd Irons and Vashon and you guys compare this in any way to Coach K and Duke?

Jealous bastards.

Give us all a break, drop out of the discussion.

you brought it up.

Sepearate housing.. no different then anywhere else. First year Freshman are required by NCAA rules to live in dorms on campus. After that... all players at all the schools get apartments same at Mizzou same at Duke same at Ill. Like Coach K had eveything to do with Snyder.. Snyder was a big boy and he made his own decisions. I guess I will hold you accountable for every decisions your son or daughter makes for the rest of your life too. lol

Not Tyler ....but Tyler's father. TG is too smart to get on here and read this stuff.

Cg

snyder learned that crap somewhere. he never coached at any other college besides duke before heading to mi$$ouri. when he got in trouble on the airplane ticket fiasco right out of the chute, pretty q's immediate response was "we did it at duke all the time".

no MB73, you are the one that started the godlike worshipping of coach k first.

There are other references to Duke after post # 6...

You use "godlike" as manipulation, but to me it just accenuates your jealousy.

Answer me this, as I asked before, what program would you like SLU to emulate?

... that has the highest academics, a "class" program, class coach, no thug like players, and consistent success the last 15 yrs. Who is better than Duke?

When you look at academic rankings, which I realize are not infallible, you have to start with Stanford, ND, VD, GT... most state schools like Michigan, Fla VA, have hide 'em PE courses for jocks.

There are other references to Duke after post # 6...

You use "godlike" as manipulation, but to me it just accenuates your jealousy.

Answer me this, as I asked before, what program would you like SLU to emulate?

... that has the highest academics, a "class" program, class coach, no thug like players, and consistent success the last 15 yrs. Who is better than Duke?

When you look at academic rankings, which I realize are not infallible, you have to start with Stanford, ND, VD, GT... most state schools like Michigan, Fla VA, have hide 'em PE courses for jocks.

First of all, why are there Duke and Illinois fans on the Billiken board? Don't you have homes... ($1 to anybody who can name that movie quote)

You must have missed the big report a few years ago. I believe it was a feature on HBO. Coach K is far from the saint he is portrayed to be. He really can't be compared to Irons. Coach K is still a good guy. But, there is a lot of crap going on that shows his program is far from perfect. I'd advise you to watch that report.

First of all, why are there Duke and Illinois fans on the Billiken board? Don't you have homes... ($1 to anybody who can name that movie quote)

You must have missed the big report a few years ago. I believe it was a feature on HBO. Coach K is far from the saint he is portrayed to be. He really can't be compared to Irons. Coach K is still a good guy. But, there is a lot of crap going on that shows his program is far from perfect. I'd advise you to watch that report.

"Don't you people have homes?!"

Caddyshack- that was a layup.

Also, in complete agreement with your comment on Coach K- that's been news for a few years. A few of those guys' families got taken care of. Coach K is a master of making sure they do well academically, behave off the court, and keep a good image.

A guy told me!

I have no jealousy regarding Duke. I'm not going to look it up, but Duke did hire a family member and grossly over pay them in a position they didn't do and didn't qualify for ... you're clearly a Duke fan, so true or not, you don't want to hear it. If you want to know the facts do a little research, it was a few years ago and I just don't remember the specific player ... or just don't believe it, it doesn't really matter.