Cassity

brianstl

Word is that Cassity will be declaring for SLU in the not to distant future. Congrats.

Well thats good to hear. Looks like the malts from Crown Candy did the trick.

Edit: Where did you hear this from? He was on SIU's campus today for a offical visit

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BillikenReport

I hope you are right but sure would be nice to hear the same from the horses mouth or Nate.

Someone from Scout.com will be talking with Cassity today.

I couldn't get him on the phone yesterday.

- Nate

Word is that Cassity will be declaring for SLU in the not to distant future. Congrats.

Thanks for being a sport about it, if this is true. 50 pages of convo about a recruit expresses a decent interest, I'd say. Be interesting to see what kind of a player this kid is... kind of sounds like a white Tommie Liddell that plays defense and probably isn't as athletic to me.

cassity is nothing like liddell imo. cassity is very fundamentally sound and pretty much a traditional player imo. tommie has those god given moves and skills that you just dont see every day.

i still say ryan robertson is a good comparison.

I actually like the Ryan Robertson comparison. I got my one and only glimpse of him during the State finals and I fully expected a "catch and shoot" player. Instead I saw a long athletic kid who handled the ball pretty well and has a nice touch near the rim. It kind of reminded me of Robertson. I would also almost say a more athletic, less muscular, Luke Meyer.

There are conflicting reports, but the source I have more success with says he will choose SLU. I do know that he is still on campus at SIU.....supposed to be going to practice and then out to eat with Lowery and some players.

I have only seen Cassity a couple times, but I best describe him as a solid 6'3/6'4 shooting guard. Not a freak athletically, not a sniper from the outside, but he will be solid in all phases of the game...he won't wow anyone, but he will get the job done.

Maybe compares to a Gansey from West Virginia a couple years ago?

There are conflicting reports, but the source I have more success with says he will choose SLU. I do know that he is still on campus at SIU.....supposed to be going to practice and then out to eat with Lowery and some players.

I have only seen Cassity a couple times, but I best describe him as a solid 6'3/6'4 shooting guard. Not a freak athletically, not a sniper from the outside, but he will be solid in all phases of the game...he won't wow anyone, but he will get the job done.

Maybe compares to a Gansey from West Virginia a couple years ago?

SIU.

Curious how you believe he will pick SLU over SIUC if he is eating right now with Lowery and some players. Is your info from prior to today? Is it possible that he was leaning toward SLU prior to going on your campus but may be changing his mind as we speak? Not trying to talk him out of SLU b/c, of course, we definitely want him.

cassity is nothing like liddell imo. cassity is very fundamentally sound and pretty much a traditional player imo. tommie has those god given moves and skills that you just dont see every day.

Tommie put in a lot of hours on the blacktop against older kids to develop those god given moves and skills.

SIU.

Curious how you believe he will pick SLU over SIUC if he is eating right now with Lowery and some players. Is your info from prior to today? Is it possible that he was leaning toward SLU prior to going on your campus but may be changing his mind as we speak? Not trying to talk him out of SLU b/c, of course, we definitely want him.

That is just the deep feeling amongst "people in the know". Yes, I know that sounds corny. ;)

Hey I hope I'm wrong, but it's been said that Cassity was a little ticked at SIU for waiting so long on him. He was going to take a visit to SIU, out of respect to his family, friends, hometown, but SLU has been on him longer and was on him stronger up until a couple weeks ago when SIU increased their interest.

One thing I'm sure Lowery is telling KC is that we didn't officially(nor do we now) have any schollies, but several are opening up at SIU after the season is over.

Very bad resolution, but here is a link to a nice drive and dunk by Jesus Cassity, as he is affectionately known by our Saluki colleagues.

That thread is worth going through for anyone who hasn't just for the laughs. My favorite is when the one guy starts to seriously compare Kyle to Josh Beckett and Adam Wainwright and some of the ensuing comments. Good stuff.