BLUE OUT

BILLIKEN BLUE OUT

Billikens vs. Xavier

February 7, 2008 8:00 pm

Wear your Billiken Blue and support the team as they take on Xavier live on national television!

Click here to purchase tickets.

BLUE OUT WEEK SCHEDULE

February 2nd Saturday Mardi Grass

Students wearing blue have a chance to receive blue Billiken beads at participating locations: Salsaritas, Lacledes, Vito's, Iggy's, Humphries throughout the day while supplies last.

25% off all Champion fleece at the book store for students who are wearing blue

Men's Basketball game at 1:00 pm versus UMass Minutemen

Women's Basketball game at 7:00 pm versus Charlotte 49ers

February 3rd Sunday

Students wearing blue at Laclede Street Bar and Grill will receive 25% off any entrée $5.99 or more during lunch or dinner. If delivery, the code for the discount is "GO BLUE!"

February 4th Madness Monday

Students wearing blue at Iggy's Mexican restaurant will receive 10% off their total bill.

Students wearing blue at Laclede Street Bar and Grill will receive 25% off any entrée $5.99 or more during lunch or dinner. If delivery, then code for the discount is "GO BLUE!"

February 5th Ticket Tuesday

Students can pick up their tickets in the Law School from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm and have a chance to win up to $1000 in gift certificates to the bookstore while receiving information on the Law school.

Students wearing blue at Laclede Street Bar and Grill will receive 25% off any entrée $5.99 or more during lunch or dinner. If delivery, then code for the discount is "GO BLUE!"

Billiken Special of the week: Vito's "Give Me Five" Pizza Night - Any customer wearing blue will receive a discount of a 1 topping 10 inch pizza for $5. Other discounts will be available that night.

February 6th Warm Up Wednesday

Students wearing blue at Laclede Coffee Co. will receive 15% off any item on the menu

Students wearing blue will receive ½ off Appetizers at Joe Boccardi's that evening

The Billiken will be around campus handing out information to students wearing blue

February 7th Throw Down Thursday

Pep rally at Salsaritas with SGA and Alumni from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm

10% off blue items at the book store or 10% off if you bring in a collegiate

brand t-shrit other than SLU to be donated to local charities.

** excludes textbooks**

Men's Basketball Game at 8:00 pm on ESPN 2 versus Xavier Musketeers. First 10,000 in attendance will receive Blue Out T-shirts

February 8th Friday

February 9th Saturday

Students wearing blue at Laclede Street Bar and Grill will receive 25% off any entrée $5.99 or more during lunch or dinner. If delivery then code for the discount is "GO BLUE!"

Febraury 10th Sunday

Students wearing blue at Laclede Street Bar and Grill will receive 25% off any entrée $5.99 or more during lunch or dinner. If delivery then code for the discount is "GO BLUE!"

Mens Basketball Away Game against Richmond Spiders at 1:00 pm tune into Fans 590 KFNS for the play-by-play.

Womens Basketball Home Game versus LaSalle Explorers at 2:00 pm

Students wearing blue at Iggy's Mexican restaurant will receive 10% off their total bill.

why doesnt every one wear billiken blue at every game? creating the sea of blue can be very intimidating to the opponent. there is no effort for everyone to be wearing billiken blue.

I can't wait to see the sea of 25 students wearing blue. When does the time come when they stop doing the whole "and the 6th man, the Blue Crew?" At least shine the light on someone with passion; my suggestion is....."and now the 6th Man Billiken Roy." He at least shows up for every game and bleeds Billiken Blue.

I can't wait to see the sea of 25 students wearing blue. When does the time come when they stop doing the whole "and the 6th man, the Blue Crew?" At least shine the light on someone with passion; my suggestion is....."and now the 6th Man Billiken Roy." He at least shows up for every game and bleeds Billiken Blue.

thanks, but the real 6th man for the billikens has been the band for years. we have the greatest pep band in the entire country and they are fantastic doing the job our student's should be doing.

in all likelihood the biggest loss to graduation the billikens suffered last spring was diane. she was the first that gave the blue crew even a pulse. but that has since regressed back to what it was for all the years before.

meanwhile the band continues to be strong. they play their hearts out, they yell, scream holler. they are creative. there's our "6th man".

thanks, but the real 6th man for the billikens has been the band for years. we have the greatest pep band in the entire country and they are fantastic doing the job our student's should be doing.

in all likelihood the biggest loss to graduation the billikens suffered last spring was diane. she was the first that gave the blue crew even a pulse. but that has since regressed back to what it was for all the years before.

meanwhile the band continues to be strong. they play their hearts out, they yell, scream holler. they are creative. there's our "6th man".

what makes the band better than anyone else? Been to tons of other arenas, most bands just as good. Sure they are good but not the "best" (see: Stanford, for one).

I'd attend a local watching party but in the announcement I got the place they are having the event doesn't exist.

what makes the band better than anyone else? Been to tons of other arenas, most bands just as good. Sure they are good but not the "best" (see: Stanford, for one).

I'd attend a local watching party but in the announcement I got the place they are having the event doesn't exist.

hahaha...welcome back. Don't know where we'd be without Johnny Arrogance over here telling us we're no good. C'mon, it's been awhile since you've posted. I'm sure you've accumulated all sorts of other wordly knowledge you can bestow on us lowly billiken fans. Or perhaps another story about you and your boy Crean discussing the ins and outs of Marquette bball. :lol:

i've seen stanford's band twice in my lifetime and except for the costume show the members put on, they are no where close to as musically talented as our band.

i think our band's enthusiasm stands as well. and unless marquette's little band has greatly improved the last three years, i know they arent even close. i havent attended a single conference tourney that our band wasnt the far and away best band and biondi hasnt let mike even take the whole crew along.

i've seen stanford's band twice in my lifetime and except for the costume show the members put on, they are no where close to as musically talented as our band.

i think our band's enthusiasm stands as well. and unless marquette's little band has greatly improved the last three years, i know they arent even close. i havent attended a single conference tourney that our band wasnt the far and away best band and biondi hasnt let mike even take the whole crew along.

Actually Roy, the band's numbers are limited by the conference and NCAA come tourney time. However, if you recollect last year, we never even went, due to "circumstances"..... :lol:

I have to agree Roy. I have been to games at numerous schools and can say that SLU's band is the most impressive. I was at the Texas A&M tournament last year and was watching the A&M game with a Billiken alumn who had been to almost every stadium in C-USA and he turned to me while the Aggie band was playing and said that you will not hear a band better than SLU's. They do an amazing job. It will be nice having them at our own building next year.

From the Cincy Enquirer:

X facing Blue Billikens

BY SHANNON RUSSELL | [email protected]

When Xavier takes the court at St. Louis for Thursday’s game in Missouri, it will be awash in a sea of blue.

The Billikens are distributing free blue T-shirts to the first 10,000 fans at the 9 p.m. Atlantic 10 Conference game. The Blue Out, as it’s called, is designed to razz the No. 13 Musketeers and present a unified front before a national ESPN2 audience.

Xavier coach Sean Miller has no problem with that. But he drew the line when St. Louis showed interest in wearing its blue away uniforms, too.

“I’m sure that…because it’s a nationally televised game, it’s an important time for them – just like it’s important for us when we have a nationally televised home game,” Miller said. “But we wear blue on the road and I think that helps our team be the best we can be.”

Link

why dont you like the bon jovi song? i think that is pretty well done as pep band music goes. the key to making that song work is getting some damn students in the seats willing to sing the one part.

my favorite billiken pep band songs are first "taking it too the streets" followed by "vehicle" and then "25 to 6 to 4". especially if our pep band lead singer shows up to sing the "vehicle" vocals. good stuff. name another pep band that has used a LS on songs in the past?

the "schools out" billiken band version is awesome.

of course the "hey baby" versions have been delicious as well when a deserved opponent gives the band the needed material. :)

ok. i get that. but not many pep bands can pull off some of the more contempory songs well. i always laugh when i hear the memphis band playing that "old gray mare" song at games. that's about par for most pep bands.

ok. i get that. but not many pep bands can pull off some of the more contempory songs well. i always laugh when i hear the memphis band playing that "old gray mare" song at games. that's about par for most pep bands.

The Band is great; it's Mike Beczkala that has been the glue that has held the whole thing together since about 1983 or 84. There are also plenty of my old buddies who have been playing with the band on and off since the mid '80's. The combination of students and alumni really gives our band great continuity. If I didn't have four kids and no time I would be playing myself.

Hopefully the band and Blue Crew will give that idiot XU assistant Mario a hard time tomorrow night.

No worries on that one from the band's perspective. We never forget a face when they come into our house. We'll be in true form tomorrow, don't you worry. :lol:

OK, first time poster, X fan, and I admit I have not seen the SLU pep band since the good old days of the GM tourney in Indianapolis.....and then I was skeeved to distraction by the weirdness of the Billiken mascot.

But you guys need to get out and make some road trips...Dayton has a pretty impressive band...AND the students are beserk. A little too berserk and confrontational to visiting Muskies. But I digress...

Vocalist? OMG! Get down with your wild selves, Bills!

OK, first time poster, X fan, and I admit I have not seen the SLU pep band since the good old days of the GM tourney in Indianapolis.....and then I was skeeved to distraction by the weirdness of the Billiken mascot.

But you guys need to get out and make some road trips...Dayton has a pretty impressive band...AND the students are beserk. A little too berserk and confrontational to visiting Muskies. But I digress...

Vocalist? OMG! Get down with your wild selves, Bills!

Dayton's band was okay last week, but the arena sound guy plays a lot of other stuff like that techno track to start the second half, which seems to have become a tradition in recent years. Plus, Dayton's band uniforms make them look like the old Montreal Expos.

http://campus.udayton.edu/~pepband/band.html

http://www.dugout-memories.com/monexp.html

Dayton's band was okay last week, but the arena sound guy plays a lot of other stuff like that techno track to start the second half, which seems to have become a tradition in recent years. Plus, Dayton's band uniforms make them look like the old Montreal Expos.

http://campus.udayton.edu/~pepband/band.html

http://www.dugout-memories.com/monexp.html

the picture reminds me of old busch stadium beer vendors with those hats and blue pants.