BLUE OUT

why doesnt every one wear billiken blue at every game? creating the sea of blue can be very intimidating to the opponent. there is no effort for everyone to be wearing billiken blue.

I'll be wearing my blue sweater and blue jeans if anyone wants to say hi. I hope I don't get lost in all the blue hairs though :lol:

The Band is great; it's Mike Beczkala that has been the glue that has held the whole thing together since about 1983 or 84. There are also plenty of my old buddies who have been playing with the band on and off since the mid '80's. The combination of students and alumni really gives our band great continuity. If I didn't have four kids and no time I would be playing myself.

However, you'd think the best band in the country would learn "Billiken Rag."

i've seen stanford's band twice in my lifetime and except for the costume show the members put on, they are no where close to as musically talented as our band.

i think our band's enthusiasm stands as well. and unless marquette's little band has greatly improved the last three years, i know they arent even close. i havent attended a single conference tourney that our band wasnt the far and away best band and biondi hasnt let mike even take the whole crew along.

Marquette's band sucks, mainly because there is too much piped in music, they barely get to play. But nice to see the Marquette obsession continues here.

Seriously, I've seen a lot of better bands. Ours is good, but not this legendary entity many here make it out to be, but I guess when the atmosphere at Savvis is what it is..... I dispise Wisconsin but their band is great, as is Michigan State's, USC's, Washington, LSU, Dayton, just to name a few. But hey, to each their own.

And what's with a "Blue out?" Blue doesn't stand out as a color, particularly on TV. Should have been white. Dark colors just don't do it, go to go bright.

Still wondering how SLUAA sent out notice for a game watching party at a non-existant establishment....

when are you going to explain "coulda had gregory"

Marquette's band sucks, mainly because there is too much piped in music, they barely get to play. But nice to see the Marquette obsession continues here.

Seriously, I've seen a lot of better bands. Ours is good, but not this legendary entity many here make it out to be, but I guess when the atmosphere at Savvis is what it is..... I dispise Wisconsin but their band is great, as is Michigan State's, USC's, Washington, LSU, Dayton, just to name a few. But hey, to each their own.

And what's with a "Blue out?" Blue doesn't stand out as a color, particularly on TV. Should have been white. Dark colors just don't do it, go to go bright.

Still wondering how SLUAA sent out notice for a game watching party at a non-existant establishment....